Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6,968 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

964 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attach files

Attach word doc I am working on so I can open directly from todo entry and continue.

5,757 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

344 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Print and Email Lists

Please add Print Lists and Day Print function. Also emailing lists functionality.

3,894 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1244 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this  ·  Polly responded

We now have printing across all platforms. Thanks for all the feedback.

We’ll no longer monitor this thread, so if you have print improvements please vote for these individually. Thanks!

4. All Todo/Task View - Smart List

Show all tasks in a list called All - just like wunderlist does.

3,276 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

691 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now have the All and Completed smart lists available across all platforms. Enable the lists in settings.

It is also possible to print this list.

5. Display number of overdue/current todos on badge

Display number of overdue/current todos on app icon on iOS.

2,923 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

383 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Introducing app badge support in version 2.14.
    You now have three options for app badge notifications—Added to My Day and not completed, due and overdue, and turned off for those who don’t like to see those little red numbers.
    Set your preference app settings.

6. "New Tasks to Top of list' option (like Wunderlist)

I want new tasks to go to top of list, not bottom, s I can see them when I open list

2,137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

822 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now available on all apps. You can choose your option in settings.

7. Assign tasks to someone

In the way it was possible in Wunderlist. Or the way one can invite someone on Outlook.

2,079 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

263 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now assign tasks with our latest update, 1.62, on iOS, Android, web and Windows. Coming soon to Mac too.

You will also see all the tasks assigned to you in the Assigned to Me list.

8. Show Flagged Emails from Outlook

Flagged emails need to show in the To-Do list as synced from Exchange. It should be the same as the "To-Do" section in Outlook 2016. Also, need to be able to add reminders for flagged emails!

1,812 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add tags

Tags would allow organization across lists and folders.

Say I have a few tasks that all have the tag #amazon, I could hit the tag and see what other things I need to grab from Amazon regardless of the list or location.

Another useful example would be for modules in a project, #backendAuth #frontendAuth #databaseStoreProcs, regardless of which sprint/list they're located in.

1,739 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this  ·  49 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add button to hide/show completed items

Rather than having option to hide/show them in menu create a switch on top of list to quickly toggle between the two views.

1,336 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this  ·  97 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

It's really astonishing that there are no keyboard shortcuts for To-do (unless I'm really missing something). This is particularly essential for to-do lists - you want to be able to mark things as done or important, put them on My Day and so on without breaking up flow.

475 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate with iOS Share Dialog

Provide as an option in the ios share menu - to quickly save link as a to-do (same as Read later functionality in Wunderlist)

464 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this  ·  90 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Completed smart list

a sort of smart list that shows all completed items from all lists in one view

264 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve now introduced the Completed smart list across all platforms in version 2.17.

In addition, you’ll now see all your completed tasks grouped at the bottom of each list for easy access.

14. Inbox

it would be nice to have a default folder for all new entries

263 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Tasks folder is the default folder for all new entries. We have renamed it from Inbox.

15. Adding a star automatically moves item to top of list

With Wunderlist, I liked that adding a star to a list item automatically moved it to the top. Would like to see this feature implemented.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is now possible to move a starred task to the top of the list across all platforms. Available in version 2.14.

16. Integrate with iOS reminders

Integrating with iOS reminders would be really helpful

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Starred/Important items to top of list

Starred items do not go to the top of the list. In wunderlist Starred items go to the top of the list(this is option in settings)

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now choose whether you want to move the starred task to the top of the list automatically. Set your option in Settings.

18. #Tags

When you type # in Wunderlist on ChromeBrowser it lists all already used tag-words, so you just can select if allready existent. This is great!

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Live Tile 2.0

Live Tile is now available - GREAT! But only items from "My Day" are shown. Ok, it is possible to copy single items onto the "My Day" list, but they disappear at midnight, even if they are not closed. Please keep them on that list as long as they are not closed or cancelled from that list. Otherwise the Live Tile is every morning empty. Other possible solution would be to enable also the allocation of the task list, further prop lists or single items to the live tile. My which is a feature to keep items on the live…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In our latest Windows update 1.48, you can now pin any list to the start menu. Right click on the list in the menu bar and choose Pin to Start.

20. Edit To DO

It would be nice to edit a task.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Select your chosen task, this will take you into the detail view for the task. You can then edit the title by tapping/clicking on the title name.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base