Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Note section should allow rich text formatting

Numbers, bullets, bold, color, font, hyperlinks, images, files, checklist..like the way Trello allows.

894 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

81 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Swipe Left / right or Disable

Allow the user to select what action is carried out when swiping left / right of a to-do: add/delete/complete/undo/navigate/move. Currently this is not available. It could be sync'd with Outlook Mail actions or just free standing

790 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy and Paste Lists and Tasks

This was a really handy feature in Wunderlist - the ability to copy/paste both lists and tasks...

I had a number of template lists which I could copy if I needed. For instance, a generic list of holiday items to pack which would be copied/pasted each time I went on a new trip.

Thankfully - the excellent integration with Outlook means I can do this at the Outlook end, and it'll be replicated in To-Do! :)

776 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

available on some apps  ·  80 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give timer option for each task

So that I can decide how much time I should spend on it and work towards that

749 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Project-based To-Do lists

It would be amazing to have to-do lists per project, where in one single view a user can see it's own tasks disregarding the project (overview on top of projects). This would also benefit the follow-up of assigned tasks within a project by for example a project manager.

731 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multi-Level sort (i.e. sort by completed and alphabetically)

Multi-Level sort (i.e. sort by completed and alphabetically)

698 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Widget Customization

Please make Android widget customizable.
    Add options like, to :-

1 Adjust transparency
    2 Add rounded corners
    3 Resize font

So that it can be matched with wallpaper, theme or taste of the user.

Because Widget is the thing that everybody see all day to remember without open the app so it becomes Important.

627 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. View all tasks from multiple accounts

I find it a little annoying I can't see all my tasks from multiple accounts. It would be good to see all tasks with a tag to say which account that task is linked to. I sometimes add tasks to my personal account when I meant to add it to my work account because I have forgotten which account I'm looking at.

625 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Siri

Please make the iOS App compatible with Siri, of possible

619 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the option to always open during Windows start, and to always minimize to the tray.

It's kind of ridiculous how little features there are in settings for this application.

At the minimum, it should contain the option to auto-start with Windows, although, manually adding it to the startup folder or the proper registry key wouldn't be that hard I guess, but also, I was shocked to discover there is no always minimize to the system tray.

What's a To-Do list that can remind you of up coming tasks that need to be completed if it cannot remind you because it's always closed?

Every other Microsoft app we run from 365 Enterprise allows us to hit…

613 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable "my day" feature

Would be nice if you could completely disable the "my day" feature. I don´t need it. Just like a button in the options.

586 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom Sorting Option

• reminder time

• due date

• creation time

• completion time

• alphabetically

including in smart lists

545 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share list with people in other organisations

We are project managers and consultants. We often require to share lists with our clients, outside our organisation. The current sharing is limited to users in your own organisation. Wunderlist were great at sharing lists.

544 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 504 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

198 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Sublists (lists inside lists)

I want expandable and collapsible lists that contain lists within themselves.

504 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GTD

GTD implementation

489 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Manually sorting To-Do items

User should be allowed to sort the To-Do items within a list manually using drag and drop feature and thereby move desired tasks to the top without even tagging their priority. The list should be labelled as manually sorted.

464 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Polly responded

It is possible to manually sort in most lists. Please make sure that you don’t have a sort filter applied. You can exit the sort filter by clicking on the x at the top of the list.

18. 454 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tag Management

Tags are required of even the simplest task list management app. The primary factor is that the system cannot answer the simplest of queries or set up dynamic ‘smart’ lists that evaluate tags as well as system variables such as @now, @tomorrow, before 3pm tomorrow, @here, @arriving, @leaving, @main-residence, @home-office, not assigned to @accounting, @importance(user-defined values for multiple variables, Boolean logic, system variables), @repeating, @overdue, #way-overdue, etc.) to provide users with some basic insight needed to choose what to do when. That’s the reason for building an app that people need because they can’t get by with keeping their lists…

452 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ubuntu/Linux version

Provide version for Ubuntu and other Linux distros

451 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories