Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To-Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To-Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to backup/export all lists

Ability to backup/export all lists. Either to CSV/PDF/Excel and/or a backup file so that we can restore in the event of something going wrong with my lists or the Exchange server that hosts the lists. We need some level of assurance that our precious lists are safe!

502 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

75 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Siri

Please make the iOS App compatible with Siri, of possible

502 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give timer option for each task

So that I can decide how much time I should spend on it and work towards that

468 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The Note section should allow rich text formatting

Numbers, bullets, bold, color, font, hyperlinks, images, files, checklist..like the way Trello allows.

461 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Undo button

Accidently have check off some task due to its location. An undo botton would resolve accidently check off task.

451 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Project-based To-Do lists

It would be amazing to have to-do lists per project, where in one single view a user can see it's own tasks disregarding the project (overview on top of projects). This would also benefit the follow-up of assigned tasks within a project by for example a project manager.

444 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve the tag feature

Improve the tag feature so they can be used as contexts:

Now whwn you filter by tag tasks appear random and you can not teorder them manually.. This makes the feature useless. A serious Todo app should give the possibility to sort taks by folder, but also by context or tag.

405 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Kanban board todo lists view

So we can drag and drop tasks to other lists like Trello

398 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Android Widget customization, font, size, transparency and color options

The current color theme of the widget doesn't fit to my home screen style. It would be nice to have more possibilities for customization

393 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "New Tasks to Top of list' option (like Wunderlist)

I want new tasks to go to top of list, not bottom, s I can see them when I open list

388 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

It's really astonishing that there are no keyboard shortcuts for To-do (unless I'm really missing something). This is particularly essential for to-do lists - you want to be able to mark things as done or important, put them on My Day and so on without breaking up flow.

364 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Disable "my day" feature

Would be nice if you could completely disable the "my day" feature. I don´t need it. Just like a button in the options.

337 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the option to always open during Windows start, and to always minimize to the tray.

It's kind of ridiculous how little features there are in settings for this application.

At the minimum, it should contain the option to auto-start with Windows, although, manually adding it to the startup folder or the proper registry key wouldn't be that hard I guess, but also, I was shocked to discover there is no always minimize to the system tray.

What's a To-Do list that can remind you of up coming tasks that need to be completed if it cannot remind you because it's always closed?

Every other Microsoft app we run from 365 Enterprise allows us to hit…

333 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. GTD

GTD implementation

323 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom Sorting Option

- reminder time
    - due date
    - creation time
    - completion time
    - alphabetically

including in smart lists

307 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multi-Level sort (i.e. sort by completed and alphabetically)

Multi-Level sort (i.e. sort by completed and alphabetically)

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy and Paste Lists and Tasks

This was a really handy feature in Wunderlist - the ability to copy/paste both lists and tasks...

I had a number of template lists which I could copy if I needed. For instance, a generic list of holiday items to pack which would be copied/pasted each time I went on a new trip.

Thankfully - the excellent integration with Outlook means I can do this at the Outlook end, and it'll be replicated in To-Do! :)

293 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate with iOS Share Dialog

Provide as an option in the ios share menu - to quickly save link as a to-do (same as Read later functionality in Wunderlist)

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Configure ringtones

Let's configure ringtones individualy for lists

Import specific music
    Configure the volume etc

276 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base