Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select specific lists in Android Widget

right now you can place a widget in android only to my day. i should be able to for any specific list

368 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Marcel responded

Thank you for voting on this feature!

We are releasing this improvement with version 1.20 of our Microsoft To-Do Android App. The roll out starts today on December 14.

You can now switch your lists in the Android Widget by using the dropdown menu directly in the Widget.

2. Sort My Day

The My Day section should have the same sorting options as the others.

323 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With version 1.33 we’ve added list options to My Day, so you can now select your background, sort your to-dos and choose to hide your completed to-dos there. The update should now be available in the Microsoft Store, Google Play Store, iOS App Store, as well as on to-do.microsoft.com in the browser.

3. Auto Sync in the background

ability to auto sync with other devices without user involvement. in current version if I put a reminder on windows app , the reminder in the phone app is not synced until I open it in the phone

267 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

All To-Do apps on Windows 10, iOS, and Android now sync regularly in the background.

4. Task entered in Outlook shows wrong due date in MS To-Do

If I add a new Task in Outlook, set the Due Date as 15 May (as an example) after it syncs Microsoft To-Do shows incorrectly "Sun, 14 May" as Due Date.

When I do it the other way around and add the to-do in MS To-Do and set the Due Date as Mon, 15 May after syncing Outlook correctly shows 15th of May.

I can repro it all the time.

It appears that either you have a bug in reading from your common backend with Outlook or Outlook has a bug in saving there.
    This started to happen after an…

245 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reduce list header size

When go to a list, I want to see as much of the list on screen as possible. I should not have to scroll to reduce the size of a HUGE header that is superfluous - no value.

At least make it something I can chang in settings.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Polly responded

With our latest update 2.0 we’ve reduced the header size and created full page backgrounds instead. We’d hope you love it as much as we do.

6. 224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  34 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Intune App Policy Management (MAM)

Ensure all can be managed by MDM/MAM and separation of consumer and business data. Just like all the other Office App. For enterprise it is important to ensure app data control. Please use the Intune SDK or Intune Wrapper.

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To-Do on iOS and Android now includes Intune Support, so the app can be enabled or deactivated the the MAM dashboard.

8. Move tasks between lists

Enable the option to move tasks between lists on iPhone app. Currently to move task from list1 to list2 you have to:
    1. Create a new task on list2
    2. Delete task on list1.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is already possible in all apps. To do that (on mobile), please go into edit mode in a list by tapping the options button in the top right corner.

9. Start implementing Fluent Design

Why not start implementing some of the new Fluent Design features announced at Build, like acrylic, reveal, parallax, animation, etc.?

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We started implementing Fluent design elements by removing the chrome border, adding animations when switching themes in the header, and adding the slide animation when scrolling through your lists and tasks. We are looking into more changes for future versions of the app.

10. move completed tasks to bottom

Completed tasks now sit at the top. they should be moved to the bottom. better yet show them in a separate section at the bottom

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This can be achieved by sorted the list by completed tasks. The Sort options can be found in the top right in a list.

11. 138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  50 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Profile Picture not appearing from my outlook account

I know its a small thing, but I like my profile picture appearing when I sign from my microsoft account, I cant see it currently in the web version!

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Be able to change the theme color and image on the “My Day” section

Be able to change the theme color and image on the “My Day” section

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With version 1.33 we’ve added list options to My Day, so you can now select your background, sort your to-dos and choose to hide your completed to-dos there. The update should now be available in the Microsoft Store, Google Play Store, iOS App Store, as well as on to-do.microsoft.com in the browser.

14. Swipe to open hamburger menu

I know this is a minor addition, but it would add to the overall experience. It would be nicer if we could swipe from the left to expand the hamburger menu instead of having to click on it all the way in the left upper corner.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Widget

Need to be able to choose the To Do or other list for the Android widget. Not only the My Day list.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Android App has its own Widget that can be added to the home screen.

16. API

Will an API be available so we can integrate with other apps? This is essential if people are going to move from Wunderlist.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable To-Do for Office 365 accounts

I'm sure you're working on it, but I'd sure like to see To-Do available for our Office 365 users.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Steps / Subtasks in recurring tasks should get uncompleted in the next occurence

if the task repeats everyday, then the steps should reset to undone in the next day, though they have been finished then.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This has been fixed, so steps get uncompleted in the new recurring task instance.

19. Fix disappearing todo list

Todo list keeps disappearing and daily task list is empty. You need to restart app each time

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Rank & sort to-do by importance

Add an option to rank and sort to-dos in a list by importance

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have recently added the option to mark a task with a star to indicate the priority. Lists can also be sorted by Priority now which will put all starred items to the top of the list.

• Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base