Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Outlook Categories to Tasks

Ability to sync with Outlook categories and sort by categories within the app.

2,247 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

287 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Start Dates and Due Dates

In Omnifocus, I can set a "start date", which is the date that the task is available to be worked on. We can choose the view (for example "all future tasks", "all visible or available tasks"). With this feature it is possible to better organize the future due dates and tasks, hiding the tasks of a far future. It would be welcome in MS ToDo.

2,165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  188 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Browser Extension (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera, Safari, xxx)

Add task from browser with support for both choosing list on each adding or/and set a standard list where entry is added by default. It would be a nice feature to show standard adding-list, and last “used” list in top position and then all lists available beneath.

1,976 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

175 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1,972 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  212 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Due dates and reminders for Steps / Subtasks

Having the ability to set a due date or reminder for an individual subtask.

1,929 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

132 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Kanban board todo lists view

So we can drag and drop tasks to other lists like Trello

1,762 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

145 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import from more sources

Import from google keep, 24me, Evernote, ticktick, reminds..

1,745 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  187 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. OneDrive integration

This is a must given that this is a Microsoft product

1,619 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Color coding / Colour coding

I would love if I could color code the parts of my list so I can easily look at the parts of the list categorically at a glance! I absolutely love Microsoft To Do!

1,545 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to backup/export all lists

Ability to backup/export all lists. Either to CSV/PDF/Excel and/or a backup file so that we can restore in the event of something going wrong with my lists or the Exchange server that hosts the lists. We need some level of assurance that our precious lists are safe!

1,502 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

191 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Undo button

Accidently have check off some task due to its location. An undo botton would resolve accidently check off task.

1,459 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Alexa integration

Specifically shopping list, but also add reminders

1,394 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

137 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. # Tag search

The input tag list is displayed and I need to select the existing tag and input it when I enter a todo.
    Also, when searching, it would be nice to have a function to search by various combinations of tags and text.

1,379 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Note section should allow rich text formatting

Numbers, bullets, bold, color, font, hyperlinks, images, files, checklist..like the way Trello allows.

1,226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. IFTTT support

I would like ifttt support or similar. I would like to be use this to input tasks using Siri

1,135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy and Paste Lists and Tasks

This was a really handy feature in Wunderlist - the ability to copy/paste both lists and tasks...

I had a number of template lists which I could copy if I needed. For instance, a generic list of holiday items to pack which would be copied/pasted each time I went on a new trip.

Thankfully - the excellent integration with Outlook means I can do this at the Outlook end, and it'll be replicated in To-Do! :)

1,122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. View all tasks from multiple accounts

I find it a little annoying I can't see all my tasks from multiple accounts. It would be good to see all tasks with a tag to say which account that task is linked to. I sometimes add tasks to my personal account when I meant to add it to my work account because I have forgotten which account I'm looking at.

1,081 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Project-based To-Do lists

It would be amazing to have to-do lists per project, where in one single view a user can see it's own tasks disregarding the project (overview on top of projects). This would also benefit the follow-up of assigned tasks within a project by for example a project manager.

997 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give timer option for each task

So that I can decide how much time I should spend on it and work towards that

964 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Swipe Left / right or Disable

Allow the user to select what action is carried out when swiping left / right of a to-do: add/delete/complete/undo/navigate/move. Currently this is not available. It could be sync'd with Outlook Mail actions or just free standing

921 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base