Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a progress indicator

add a possibility to indicate the progress of a tast, e.g. 0,25,50,75,100%

2,297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

79 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2,022 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

198 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Due Again/Repeat After Completion

Add ability to make new "Due Again" x number of days (weeks) after current To-Do is completed.

For example, you make a reminder to trim your dogs nails every two weeks. When due, you're out of town and don't complete the to-do till the following weekend.

When the current late to-do is marked complete, it would be nice to have a new to-do scheduled for the same interval.

1,975 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Start Dates and Due Dates

In Omnifocus, I can set a "start date", which is the date that the task is available to be worked on. We can choose the view (for example "all future tasks", "all visible or available tasks"). With this feature it is possible to better organize the future due dates and tasks, hiding the tasks of a far future. It would be welcome in MS ToDo.

1,865 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Outlook Categories to Tasks

Ability to sync with Outlook categories and sort by categories within the app.

1,848 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

226 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Browser Extension (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera, Safari, xxx)

Add task from browser with support for both choosing list on each adding or/and set a standard list where entry is added by default. It would be a nice feature to show standard adding-list, and last “used” list in top position and then all lists available beneath.

1,845 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

169 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1,786 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  202 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Import from more sources

Import from google keep, 24me, Evernote, ticktick, reminds..

1,669 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  180 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Due dates and reminders for Steps / Subtasks

Having the ability to set a due date or reminder for an individual subtask.

1,643 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Push notifications on shared lists

Everyone on a shared list should be able to get notified when entries are added or completed on these shared lists via push notifications on phone. Not via email.

1,581 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

178 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Push notifications on shared lists for personal accounts is available in To Do. Push notifications for AAD accounts (work and school accounts) is work in progress and will be enabled soon.

11. Open email with Outlook Desktop

Thanks for the Flagged mail connection. It would be great if the email could open in Outlook Desktop instead of OWA.

1,512 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

271 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OneDrive integration

This is a must given that this is a Microsoft product

1,451 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  28 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Kanban board todo lists view

So we can drag and drop tasks to other lists like Trello

1,325 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to backup/export all lists

Ability to backup/export all lists. Either to CSV/PDF/Excel and/or a backup file so that we can restore in the event of something going wrong with my lists or the Exchange server that hosts the lists. We need some level of assurance that our precious lists are safe!

1,308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Alexa integration

Specifically shopping list, but also add reminders

1,289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Undo button

Accidently have check off some task due to its location. An undo botton would resolve accidently check off task.

1,260 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Color coding / Colour coding

I would love if I could color code the parts of my list so I can easily look at the parts of the list categorically at a glance! I absolutely love Microsoft To Do!

1,242 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. # Tag search

The input tag list is displayed and I need to select the existing tag and input it when I enter a todo.
    Also, when searching, it would be nice to have a function to search by various combinations of tags and text.

1,233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. IFTTT support

I would like ifttt support or similar. I would like to be use this to input tasks using Siri

1,072 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The Note section should allow rich text formatting

Numbers, bullets, bold, color, font, hyperlinks, images, files, checklist..like the way Trello allows.

1,056 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base