Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync Unreliable

Sync between iOS and Windows 10 app is very unreliable. Both apps claim to be in sync, yet the lists are not the same and the items are in a different order

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

64 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sync sync sync sync sync

There are like a hundred different posts about sync. Fix it.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Synchronistation between apps/platforms still not reliable

Synchronisation between app on iPhone and app on Windows or Outlook is not reliable - I had to close the app on iPhone and re-open it before it would synchronise changes

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tasks are accidently checked off

It’s too easy to mark a task as complete when scrolling in a list, and there is no undo option if that occurs.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows 7 Integration

I noticed that my ToDo App not longer synchs with the web version on Windows 7. Is this going to be fixed?

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. High disk usage

Hello there,

When I run the ToDo app, it constantly writes at a speed of 2-5MB per second to the hard drive.

Process Monitor reveals constant writes in the app's .storage and .storage-journal

I'm going to stop using the ToDo app until this is fixed. This is extremely high hard drive wear for an app that should just read or write occasionally.

Version: 1.53.1904.1002

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically add yesterday's unticked items from My Day to the Suggested items for today

Automatically add yesterday's unticked items from My Day to the Suggested items for today.

The system used to do this but it doesn't do this anymore.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reorder / Sort Drag & Drop

Reordering list items is very buggy in the web app.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not recognise the click & drag, sometimes it assumes editing the task.

It would be better to add a handle to the left of each task item specifically for clicking/dragging the item for ordering/sorting.

Also, it appears that sub-tasks cannot be ordered, I find myself deleting and re-entering sub tasks to get them ordered correctly, which is rather pointless.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why can't we undo with Control-Z.. This is horrible!

Should definitely enable undo with Ctrl+Z...

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sort completed tasks as well

In the new update where you group Completed tasks on their own, those tasks aren't sorted according to my requested sort order.

The reason this is useful is because I use To Do as a shopping list (besides an actual to-do) which means it's super annoying having to scan through the list of "completed" items to add what I need to buy.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sharing Lists

Sharing via a link in email is AWFUL. Please replicate what WunderList did. It allows for easy sharing between people you've shared lists with before. You simply search their name or email and it appears. PLEASE fix this or kill Microsoft To Do and keep Wunderlist.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Repeating task don't update reminder

When I check an repeating task sometimes the reminder isn't updated to the next occurrence and sometimes it is. Due date seams do be always updated correctly.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Slow

Currently the app is running very slow and seems to be getting slower. For example, creating a new task it takes a couple of seconds to appear in the list, or changing the date, I have to wait 4 seconds in each month before being able to scroll to the next month - really time consuming if you’re scheduling something for 1 year away! I wonder if it’s because there are lots of completed tasks? Perhaps an option to archive completed tasks would improve speed?

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Do not remove task from notification bar on Android until it is removed manually

Issue is related to reminders. In 99% cases reminders are set to notify about need to complete some task on that date.

I have a task with a specified reminder set on some day.
    On that date a task notification appears in my notification bar (Android 9), as expected.
    However, if I do nothing with task, for example, I don't have time to complete it on that date, the notification will disappear on the next day from the notification bar which is absolutely incorrect as task notification should persist until manual action performed - task is completed or removed or…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. In Northern Europe week starts from Monday

Currently setting reminder for a task gives possibility to set reminder to next week. For this Sunday morning is automatically proposed. However in where I live next week starts from Monday, thus rendering the proposal unusable.

I therefore propose following the underlying location to match when a week should start or enable users to select the starting date of week manually

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Review Yesterday's Completed Tasks No Longer Available

The new "For Today" feature (which replaced "Review" on PC) no longer shows the items completed yesterday. It only shows uncompleted tasks from the day before. Thankfully my phone still operates with showing yesterday's completed tasks, but this is not there on my phone. I'm fairly certain that was unintentional behavior. If there's a reason for that, I'd like to know why. A core component of standup meetings is stating what you did yesterday and the review feature was very adequate in accommodating that.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Completed tasks can no longer be organised alphabetically

Completed tasks can no longer be organised alphabetically

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MAC Desktop Window resizes on its own

The desktop application on MAC 10.13.6 keeps resizing its self while it is minimized in the dock. The window grows in width to be wider than the monitor and causes an issue being displayed with multiple monitor setup.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Flagged Emails

Flagged emails are not shown completely. I have 8 flagged but for some reason only 2 are shown in the To-Do. Meanwhile, the categories of flagged emails are not shown either.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. WUnderlist import wizard is not importing the files attached to the wunderlist tasks

Nice that attaching files is finally implemented. I was excited to finally import my tasks from wunderlist and start using ToDo but the import wizard is not importing the attached files from the Wunderlist tasks.

This bug is about the file attachments not being migrated from wunderlist to To-Do by the import wizard, however,as an aside there is a similar problem with wunderlist subtasks, they are not being imported as steps but as notes. Once these two things are fixed I can finally migrate to using To-Do.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 99 100
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base