How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Share list with people in other organisations

We are project managers and consultants. We often require to share lists with our clients, outside our organisation. The current sharing is limited to users in your own organisation. Wunderlist were great at sharing lists.

95 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pierre Trudel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either give a unified view (personnal and work account) or at least ability to share lists beween them.

• F. Ranke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to share our lists with partners outside the organization. They sometimes use personal accounts, too.

So please allow sharing with people outside of the organization, also with personal accounts.

• Oliver Boij commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully understand why the system prevents sharing information from the O365 environment outwards (=data leaking, GDPR).

BUT. I would like to share a list INto my work account, From a private personal account.

For one reason: I want MyDay to show My whole Day, not just my office Day.
    This can be accomplished by sharing IN lists from a private account.

I could have setup my system around to microsoft accounts (privat and work). In Mac/iOS I can see a long list och lists from both (and other) accounts. I could even create private lists in my work account. But both solutions means installing the work account on my private iphone and thereby putting my organizations data at risk.

But in the fantastic (and underestimated) My Day feature, I cant see that I have to pick up the kids, or do an errand at lunch.

• John Sewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed that To-Do should not care where the list is being shared from... This is a pretty terrible user experience to share a list with someone to show off To-Do, and they cannot get to it.

Any Org account should be able to share with any personal MSFT account.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to work with members outside the organization.
    Please allow to share TO-DO task to external ID

• Harriet Perkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem of being unable to copy all of my work to dos out of my personal account. I've had to manually recreate them, and now because multiple accounts isn't available on ios I don't have my work to dos on my phone at all.

I'd love better collaboration of my To-Do list with my Executive Assistant. Tasks and sub tasks within To Do instead of having to go to Outlook Tasks to assign. In Outlook tasks, I don't think it shows "Add Step" tasks

• T boogie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this just tried to share with my work to-do list I have on my personal account because was early adopter and can't move them. Trying to separate the duties*

• y.higuchi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We sometimes work with members outside the organization.
    At that time, this tool will not serve us.

• Himanshu Soni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pls let me enable to share my to-do list from one Microsoft account to another Microsoft account

Agree. I need one place to see all my tasks. Since i have shared lists with my friends in a personal account and work lists I need to see everything in one place instead of switching from one accoun to another.

• ScopeTech Everything IT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to share lists with people outside of our organization, for instance my wife and I each have our own Office 365 tenants, we both utilize To-Do for our business's but are forced to rely on Wunderlist in order to share things like shopping lists, family to-do's, etc.

• Carol Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let To Do share lists with collaborators that are on both company servers and Microsoft accounts for project collaboration

• Saarah Karim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to access all to do items and lists from both accounts. Share lists between work/school account and personal account.

Having both a personal and corporate Office 365 subscription, it would be great if a single to-do list on both environments would allow users to contribute to the lists (shopping trips, pick up to-do's as time permits, etc.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base