How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Create a To Do List for Tomorrow

You plan your next day of to dos and it would be helpful to created the to do list for tomorrow at the end of the business day

2,614 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

153 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yamo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any.do has a similar function to the one being proposed. Everyday a notification prompts you to schedule all your tasks as Today (morning, afternoon, evening, night), tomorrow, or next week.

This may help the current lack of automatic population into MyDay.

• Mihir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the Feature to add tasks for later time. There are tasks that need attention 2 weeks or 3 weeks after.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a wonderful addition! I feel super productive when I create my To-Do list for the day and I always get a good feeling when I check off my priorities. It would be awesome to plan the next day and have all the to-dos already set for tomorrow then having to wait till to tomorrow and enter it in the app. Not only will this idea push more productivity out of us, for some (me) we will have order and peace of mind.

• Annabelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition - at the end of the day I always try to plan what I need to do the next day and it is a bit irritating that I have to either write it down or remember it so I can add it to todo the next day.......please please please add a tomorrow

• Jason Wigg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great - my end of day workflow is to look at what I have and haven't done in the day and set myself tasks for the following day.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to set up My Day before I go to bed is the single biggest barrier to more regular use of this app for me. Plus I feel like most of the advice I get about task management is to set up to do lists the night before if at all possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also I think it would be useful to move to Tomorrow tasks that can't be completed Today.
    This way it would not be necessary to manually ad the tasks tomorrow, and would clear MyDay tasks that cannot be accomplished (and send them automatically to Tomorrow)

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently trying different planner software to decide which is best. Unfortunately Microsoft To-Do is bottom of my list because it doesn't have this Tomorrow feature.
    In a perfect world, it would also have a "this week" list, not just a "tomorrow" one. And it should allow for due dates in subtasks and automatically move these to the relevant smartlist for the week/tomorrow/today.
    Sadly, until To-Do has this features, I'll have to stick with Trello.

• Roman W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either a separate list "Tomorrow" or an option to have "My Day" automatically populated with unfinished tasks from the previous day (preserving their order)

• Jessie Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I go through my day I have to report on the items the following morning and To-Do doesn't allow this to occur

• Charlie Boyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes absolutely !
    Make a workaround by planned tasks for « tomorrow » is quite annoying. It would be great to have a « tomorrow » list wich is automatically transfered into « My Day » when Midnight comes.

• Neal B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised that this isn't at least being considered with over 2,000 votes.

There are various ways this could be implemented:
    - Add a "My Tomorrow" smart list
    - Allow the hour to be set in which "My Day" ends
    - Create a "My Work Day" in addition to "My Day" (both of which have their own ending hour)
    - Implement tag searching within a list
    - Add custom smart lists - would permit My Tomorrow, My Morning, My Work, My Evening, My Weekend
    - Add contexts (I personally don't like @contexts, but GTD users do, and it could be a work-around for this)
    - Have a way to take a task off of today's My Day and show up on tomorrow's My Day

The fact remains that many people and time management experts prefer to set their to-do list for the next day BEFORE the current day ends. They want to wake up and ACT not PLAN.

• Chris Ruffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the first thing I tried to do in the app, and I was pretty amazed that this couldn't be done. For me, this is a serious deficiency.

• Aniaina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should really be implemented.
    Planning tomorrow before to go to bed is very important.
    You can sleep at peace. Your subconsicous is working while you sleep.
    when you wake up, you can attack at once!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base