Android widget doesn't refresh
Android widget doesn't refresh like ever.
For me, this issue renders the widget virtually useless. It is disappointing, as Microsoft To Do would otherwise be such a great tool. I will be looking into alternatives like Todoist.
Specifics for me are:
- I primarily log and manage to-do tasks using the Windows 10 desktop app
- I have the Android app installed on my Samsung Galaxy S10 phone
- Updates I make in the desktop app do not show up on the Android widget unless I open the app on my phone
For god sake, up until now there not fixing it. its been two years. now I have to switch to another app
Overtech NC commented
Just installed Microsoft ToDo as I will be using MS365 for work, and this is the first thing that struck me ! o_O
Coming from Todoist for all other tasks outside of my primary job (which DOES refresh its widget properly), I don't know how Microsoft has not solved it in two years !!!
The widget is frequently just going blank for me.
It doesn't show any tasks and clicking on it does nothing.
I have to open the app for the widget to come back to normal.
Michał Rak commented
Widget for Android is beta version I suppose. Overdue dates are not colored, recurrence and note symbols are not displayed. It needs update at all.
Exactly! This is the one of the most crutial features and should be resolved as soon as possible!
DETAILS FOR THE DEVELOPERS on how it works (and how it does not work) in my case:
Briefly, the Microsoft To-Do widgets on my android devices do not refresh. I specifically need to go into the app on the android device for its widget to be refreshed. (Having the app left open in the background does not work either.) However, there are no syncing issues between the Microsoft To Do apps on my android devices and the PC.
I use "Microsoft To Do" on Windows 10, Samsung A8 (2018) and Samsung Tab A 10.1 (SM-T510). All permissions are given, background processes are allowed to run and battery optimization is turned off for the apps on both android devices. Moreover, I have no issues with other apps installed on my android devices in terms of syncing.
- An action taken on the PC DOES NOT sync with the phone's and tablet's widget. However, it syncs with the apps on the phone and the tablet.
- An action taken on the phone's app DOES NOT sync with the tablet's widget. However, it syncs with the PC and the tablet's app.
- An action taken on the tablet's app DOES NOT sync with the phone's widget. However, it syncs with the PC and the phone's app.
- An action taken on the phone's widget syncs with the PC and the app on the tablet, but NOT with the tablet's widget.
- An action taken on the tablet's widget syncs with the PC and the app on the phone, but NOT with the phone's widget.
I would also appreciate to have this working. Wunderlist integration and background updates work flawlessly and To Do has this bug from the very beginning (Mi Note 3)
Gabriel Smoljár commented
The widget are great in theory because I do not have to go through the hassle of switching accounts in the app. I just add widgets for my personal and work account on my home screen and work from there 9 times out of 10.
This bug makes that a little inconvenient.
ETA on fix, please? This is a pretty important necessity and should not be an issue.. An ETA on this fix would be appreciated.
Shiju Samuel commented
Is there any ETA on this fix?
Sync between multiple devices is also affected by this missing feature. In app sync is instant but does not show in widget
Charles Evans commented
My widget showed all my tasks. Now it shows My Day which has nothing in it. What's going on.
Same problem. Widget doesn't sync and freezes after a while. Huawei p10.
Cannot reproduce on SONY Xperia Z5P
No solution. Have to go into the Todo app then it refreshes
Have you found a solution?
Same in my case.
Mark Todisco commented
Android widget doesn't automatically sync with new tasks created on another device. Instead, i have to open the app and click the sync button. Please create a sync button on the actual android widget. Many other apps already have this option.
When i add a new ToDo in my List, the widget on android is not syncronized and not shown the new List.
Device: Huawei P20
Android Version: 8.1