How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Weekly view for To-Do

"My day" panel is really useful, but we also need look and have present always our week goals. The possibility bump all our to-dos help to declutter our mind, but this doesn't have sense if we can't organize or order them. So by this reason think is necesary a week view or a monthly view, even a more especific dayly view (maybe by hour or by morning/afternoon/night) could be really productive.

Brett McKay talk about this topic in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxLNY6yxRI

1,783 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SpencerSpencer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • OLLI-SOLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tested the App "2Day" and there I have a calendar view.
        Here I see 5 days and all tasks that are due at these days.
        The SPECIAL feature here is that I can drag and drop an task to an other day to change the due date.
        For an example see here: http://www.2day-app.com/gallery/

It would be great to have a "My Week" view like this (with a calendar) with Drag & Drop functionality.

• Josias PontesJosias Pontes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding on suggestions from user Kreeson, and continuing on this topic of Weekly view. I believe it should be be "Weekly View and scheduling"

1) Add Calendar to allow drag and drop scheduling

it would be great to be able to have a small calendar on the top right or bottom left to allow the user to be able to drag and drop tasks the day they would like to schedule it for.

Also add a calendar view by month, week and day to be able to choose a specific time of the day to schedule the task similar to the calendar in Outlook.

It would also be a huge bonus to be able to view the To-Dos in Outlook as well and be able to use Outlook to manage it.

2) Integration with Outlook App / Outlook Desktop

It would be great if we could also block time on the calendar for that task, such as 30 min, 1-hour, 2-hour, 4-hour.

This will prevent other people scheduling meetings thinking that I am free when I really need to dedicate my time to the task.

IF this can be accomplished, Microsoft To-Do will be the BEST time management tool for Windows and Office user ever.

• OLLI-SOLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion the view "My Day" should be used to plan the tasks for today (like it is working now).
        But "My Week" should be used to see all tasks that are due this week and that are overdue.

• FrancoFranco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along with "My Day", having the ability to also have "My Week", "My Month" and even "My Year" would be welcome additions. I like how "My Day" is reset each day, forcing me to re-evaluate the importance things on a daily basis. Would be great if that same principle could be applied by week, month and year.

• FrancoFranco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Along with "My Day", having the ability to also have "My Week", "My Month" and even "My Year" would be welcome additions.

• My DragoneyeMy Dragoneye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most important for me is that the "to do's" marked with a due date are automatically set in "My day". Same as Wunderlist sets in the to day list.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add a "week" view? Allows users to see the upcoming to dos for next 7 days. Thanks

• GeertGeert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People that use to-do apps are often quite busy. They don't want to spend much time on planning every day. Once a week planning and a quick check every day is often more appropriate.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loving the 'My Day' review but would like GTD's weekly review incorporated. Conceptually, once a week I'd perform my weekly review, essentially building out a goal plan for the week (My Week). 'My Week' would be everything I choose for the week plus Berm Lee's suggestions:

""This Week" view should allow people to stage items to do this week (without messing with due dates) just like "Today" allows you to do (which is brilliant), but also prepopulated with items already with due dates landing on this week. Might be more complexity than most people would want, but I want it. :)"

During the week and on a daily basis, the 'My Day' review would would harvest it's suggestions only from 'My Week'. :o)

In my case, I'm using Wunderlist just for this feature. When Microsoft To-Do includes this feature (MyWeek), I will start to use it.

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the "my day" view also had a "tomorrow view" and a "my week view" all on the same page. it would allow us to see tasks at a glance and help arrange the day, tomorrow and the week view.

• RayVraRayVra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I have noted elsewhere, this could be accomplished within the current framework by enhancing Suggestions (separate sections): Upcoming, Today; Upcoming, Tomorrow; Upcoming, This Week). Overdue (as is). Suggestions for you: Allow it to be configured by the user and incorporate the ability to Prioritize tasks (e.g., 1-2-3, High-Med-Low) and then show in separate sections those in each priority in this section.

you can read in many books about timemanagement you're supposed to plan your day in the evening before. Also you're supposed to plan your week before the week begins.

• UncaphilUncaphil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly encourage you to bring back the Today, Week, and All lists from Wunderlist. When I open Wunderlist every day, the first place I go is the Today list to see what I have scheduled for that day. Sometimes I already know some items may need to be re-scheduled, which I can do from right there. The next place I go is the Week list and see if there is anything I have coming up that I might be able to complete early. Occasionally I go to the All list just for a quick overview of everything I have scheduled. Other than when I am adding a new task to a specific list, Today and Week are about the only items I look at in Wunderlist. Without those 2 lists, Wunderlist would be completely useless to me.

I see some people like the My Day list. I still haven't figured out what it's for. When I look at it, it doesn't show me anything I have scheduled for today, as the Today list does in Wunderlist. From what I have read, I'm supposed to go to the My Day list every day and tell you what I have scheduled for today. I find that useless. I expect you to tell me what I have scheduled for today. That's what a To Do list is for.

• SpencerSpencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, this could be really usefull, for anyone who try to use the bullet journaling system.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base