How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Weekly view for To-Do

"My day" panel is really useful, but we also need look and have present always our week goals. The possibility bump all our to-dos help to declutter our mind, but this doesn't have sense if we can't organize or order them. So by this reason think is necesary a week view or a monthly view, even a more especific dayly view (maybe by hour or by morning/afternoon/night) could be really productive.

Brett McKay talk about this topic in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxLNY6yxRI

4,944 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Spencer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

249 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely I would say that it is more important to me to have weekly than daily list.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding a Planned view was a great improvement.

But can we please get another view which would be called a Weekly view? It would be an addition to Planned view so some people could switch it off in case the wouldn't find it useful.

Weekly View would be used for planning the whole week. That means it would group tasks by Monday, Tuesday, -> Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I could set tasks for each day a week in advance and would take care that I wouldn't have too much tasks on one single day.

And even when it would be Thursday already I could still see all the tasks under Monday (not under overdue) so that I could review what was done on Monday and what wasn't. I could reschedule the overdue tasks later.

The same would be valid for the week ahead so that I could plan tasks for one week ahead. Those tasks set for two weeks ahead would be all grouped under one single group and not by days.

• Wevenhuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this feature integrated into the windows calendar app. For expample a windows calendar app developer could show this via a two stage toggle switch in the title bar of the app. The default stage would show the calendar item in week view, the toggle in the second stage would only show the list items organized by time schedule for each day of the week. The third stage of the toggel would show a hybrid vie with calendar and to do list items combined into a single inbox type view, organized by time schedule for each day of the week, in week view.

Planned list has problems with what day is today/tomorrow.
        Under 'Today" list i can see tasks due tomorrow and the same with "Tomorrow" list that shows tasks from the day after tomorrow.
        All tasks have a due date and a reminder. This might be the problem. I am using this in Australia and this might also be a problem as the list gets better in the afternoon.
        :(

• Stacy Lacy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this partly solves the problem, it doesn't really fully get it. The ability to view planned tasks by week, by month, or by a specific day would be very helpful in organizing. Being able to drop a task on a specific week and forget about it until that week but not assign it to a specific day would be helpful. Same for month.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for taking our comments into account. The functionality is much better now, especially since you added the Overdue section now. I really missed it initially.

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This only partly gets to the problem. This requires everything to have due dates or reminders associated with them to be seen on the week view which is a departure from the philosophy of planning your day with the activities to be accomplished today. This added capability seems to be returning to how tasks work where you have to manage the dates constantly to keep up to date with them. Weekly planning would allow me to drag items in for the week and when the week ends they just fall back into the list like what happens for tasks not completed at the end of the day.

• Vinicius Amorim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great! But I can't understand, why do you spend more than year to finish these new releases? Are you working on it alone? I love To-Do but I can't start to use it before it has the same features that Wunderlist. Microsoft should should have focus on To-Do app and make these new features faster! 1 year an app could be obsolet...

Thanks for the updates guys. Really appreciating the work your putting into the app now.

• RayVra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The addition of a new Smart List called "Planned" is a FANTASTIC addition to the app. Great work...!!!

• Fernando Cano G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love it! Thank you for this update! A drag and drop feature that automatically changes the due date depending on where you drop it (from today to next week or later) will be very useful for this "Planned" list. Keep up the good work guys!

Planned is not the same thing. If I want to see what's due today or this week, I don't care what I have due in 2019, which planned shows.

And I just noticed that it is finally sorting the tasks into order by date, which is of course the whole point, but which it did not initially do.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A weekly view, where I can see a list for each day, where I can drag and drop those items across the different days is the feature I need to be able to plan each week.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Week smart list is not the same as Planned. It is a more useful subset than looking all of what is being planned for all the foreseeable future

• Sheena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please sort the due dates in the smart lists like they are in Wunderlist with the date as the header and the tasks for that day listed beneath. It’s a much cleaner view than having a running list of all tasks .

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base