How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Weekly view for To-Do

"My day" panel is really useful, but we also need look and have present always our week goals. The possibility bump all our to-dos help to declutter our mind, but this doesn't have sense if we can't organize or order them. So by this reason think is necesary a week view or a monthly view, even a more especific dayly view (maybe by hour or by morning/afternoon/night) could be really productive.

Brett McKay talk about this topic in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxLNY6yxRI

5,861 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Spencer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

272 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It would be nice to have another panel like "my day" but was instead called "my week" that you could plan weekly goals and each day you can further distribute tasks across the days.

I think this might clutter the interface for people who don't want it, so maybe make it optional. If you do that, you can have my month and my year as well. That way the app could get as granular or as big-picture as you want.

• Josh Dubin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again, having lists for "today", week, etc. are helpful. But for me what is essential is to line out my tasks by Reminder Time in chronological order for each day. That's how I arrange my day in Outlook tasks; that's the functionality I have to have with To-Do on my phone. Can this sort feature be added rather painlessly? Thanks!.

• Gaspar Sabater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that it's mandatory to have an option to visualize the sections available on the "planned" smart list, on any list.

I dont want to mix multiple lists in my "planning" week

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Planned list, but this list is large and includes all the tasks wuith due date. It will be good, if there were lists with number of tasks limited to some condition: only for the next 7 days, today and etc.

• Mark Kashman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support a 'My week' list I can build alongside 'My day' for @MicrosoftToDo - let us plan the full week, not just every day.

• Duncan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will there be any more detail? Currently it just shows today, tomorrow, then everything past that rolled into one section, which isn't very intuitive and prevents me from using To Do over Wunderlist (Wunderlist separates the week ahead into clear Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday etc. sections).

Also - drag and drop to different days would be good. And a CALENDAR.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability for multiple views:
    Daily, This week, Next 2 weeks and selectable beyond.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the Planned list but once a task has been given a due date or has been assigned to the My Day list, I'd like to be able to hide those tasks in theTask list. This could be achieved in the same way that you implemented the Show (or Hide) completed tasks in the Task list.

Oh my god.. So many people have the same need..

I am an avid user of Wunderlist for many years and i am happy to see that To Do is keeping most of the functionalities.

But since i have started a new business i am finding myself in the need to manage my and my teams task list in a weekly format..

Here are some suggestion that would make To Do the most functional productivity App at least in my perspective.

1. Week View - 7 Panels side by side like in a calander
    2. Drag and Drop to change assigned date
    2. Drag to extend timeline
    3. Team view - Scroll down to see the tasks assigned to the team in the weekly view
    4. Mac app

You can look at TeamWeek.com for the inspiration. They have been able to nail the week view by lack the UX and also the amazing functionalities that To Do has.

This would really solve all my life's problems!!

• Josh Dubin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I really need to make To Do (mobile for Android) totally functional for me is to be able to arrange my daily tasks by Reminder Time. That's the way I view my Tasks in Outlook. Can this "sort" feature be added?
    Thanks!
    Josh D.

The planned view is already nice but it would be perfect if we could plan our week without setting due date and just move the task by drag and drop from one day to the other day of the week :)

• 贺菊中 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

我的一天很棒,能不能加一个我的一周,我的一月呢?这样可以把周和月的重复工作都安排好。还有,一周和一月的重复动作,闹钟是不是不需要日期?

• Trang Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Weekly view without having to set due dates would be great for someone who just needs to organize the tasks and layout a tentative plan for the week.

• Gregory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Daily, weekly or monthly view would be great when visualised like events in calendar (e.g. Outlook one).
    Another great thing would be to see tasks in Outlook calendar so they won't collide with your meetings.

• 周兰 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

建议增加与"我的一天"类似的两个智能列表,分别是:"my tomorrow"和"next week",并且实现 当日期更新到明天之后 自动将"my tomorrow"中的任务导入到"我的一天"的功能!

• 周兰 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

建议增加与"我的一天"类似的两个智能列表,分别是:"my tomorrow"和"next week",并且实现 当日期更新到明天之后 自动将"my tomorrow"中的任务导入到"我的一天"的功能!

• Sundara Gandhi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A small change would rectify this issue. Inside the planned view bucket the next 5 days can be shown separately instead of batching the 5 days' tasks together.

Hello, will there be updates providing more designs - like dark or grey or black ?

Kind regards
    Michael

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base