How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Weekly view for To-Do

"My day" panel is really useful, but we also need look and have present always our week goals. The possibility bump all our to-dos help to declutter our mind, but this doesn't have sense if we can't organize or order them. So by this reason think is necesary a week view or a monthly view, even a more especific dayly view (maybe by hour or by morning/afternoon/night) could be really productive.

Brett McKay talk about this topic in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxLNY6yxRI

4,701 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Spencer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

216 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jiawen lu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how hard is it to copy the old week feature to this to do app?
        it is has been 1 year+

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Marcel

Cool you moved this forward. What is missing is:
        1) overdue tasks
        2) chronological order of upcoming tasks

Thank you! Peter

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planned list should:
        1. Show tasks that are overdue
        2. Show Later/Future tasks in chronological order (soonest -> most distant in time). It is random (id or moment when added) at the moment

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we have more views like:
        - Current week (including week-end)
        - Current work week

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SORT functions is needed in the planned view like it is needed in the "Suggested for you" section in the My Day review page.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you upgrade to v1.41?
        I can only see "planned" on the web version and not my Windows 10 or Android Version.

When I tried to do the Windows version it said I already had the version installed and therefore did not update.

• Bala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Windows10 app and find that the Planned List is all jumbled up - it should be by Due Date.

Could you please tweak the way its sorted in the Windows 10 App. It's somehow correctly sorted when we access the same through outlook.com, then click Tasks

• Hikari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Marcel, we are getting closer. Would be great to have some sorting options there. Currently looks like storting is done by "Create date" while normally I would prefer by List and then by Name,

• Gertt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a big disappointment, my yesterday planned task don't show up in my day. I still have to fill up my day before start working.

This does not work I want to plan ahead of the day. On the day itself I want to open my day and see my planned task and due task in it.

Would be great to get that on IOS as well, better sooner than later.
        SORT function in the weekly view is needed, badly.

THIS IS GREAT - I might slowly start moving over from Wunderlist now (although folders or grouped lists is still missing from To-Do). I think that merging "Today" & "Week" from Wunderlist into one "Planned" To-Do smart list will work well.

However, overdue tasks are not shown in this smart list - not losing track of due dates is why Wunderlist users requested this functionality. If Microsoft only want current/future tasks displayed under "Planned" (which is understandable), then PLEASE create an additional "Overdue" smart list in order to easily see all overdue tasks in one place. I love the idea of "My Day" and have no problem with how it works (and merging "Today" & "Week" from Wunderlist into one "Planned" To-Do smart list is actually a nice idea, as I already mentioned), but having an easy way to quickly check for upcoming tasks (now solved - thank you) & overdue tasks (not possible) just gives users confidence that we didn't miss something important.

I like how "Planned" splits the upcoming tasks into "next 5 days" versus "later", BUT within each of these sections the tasks are shown in random order. PLEASE have the tasks organized by due date throughout the "Planned" smart list.

• Ridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's difficult to imagine that Microsoft is taking so long to even catch up feature parity with Wunderlist, two years+ have gone by and I am still not convinced to jump to ToDo from Wunderlist yet.

Good inprovement!
        The Planned smart list could also show the overdue tasks, otherwise, they could easily be forgotten!

I don't get the planned view sorted by due date, I get it randomly sorted.
        I notice that the same thing happened with the web version. Is it my problem or it needs to be corrected?

• Daniel Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great, but I was primarily interested in this to see what I *did*, not what I've scheduled to do in the future.

but old Tasks disappear !! Why ? They just should stay as in Wunderlist, otherwise they got lost !

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base