How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Weekly view for To-Do

"My day" panel is really useful, but we also need look and have present always our week goals. The possibility bump all our to-dos help to declutter our mind, but this doesn't have sense if we can't organize or order them. So by this reason think is necesary a week view or a monthly view, even a more especific dayly view (maybe by hour or by morning/afternoon/night) could be really productive.

Brett McKay talk about this topic in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxLNY6yxRI

4,084 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Spencer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

120 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lori Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was exactly what I was going to suggest as well. I do like the My Day panel as well. But having the ability to plan out a week at a time would be amazing!

• Raul Lucky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about Today view and Week view? And please have Week view group the days like Wunderlist not lump them all together in one long list.

• BT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have days auto-recognized by the app that match the days of the week. As in, on Monday the app would recognize “my day” as Monday and then at midnight, it would respectively move Tuesday’s items to “my day”. Then you would have the option to bump tasks to “tomorrow”, too!

• Denis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I desperately need a week view, auto updated of course. I can't truly make the best of my time and productivity if I can't foresee what extra or elae I could do today, that will be due soon in the next days... To me this is so key im thinking of trying other app even if I can't import from my beloved Wunderlist

• Samuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've created something similar to this ask with Weekly: https://www.planweekly.io where you can budget your time across a week given the calendar events you have and the tasks you want to get done.

We're still in beta right now but would love some feedback.

• Bala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs a My Week view just below My Day - also My Day/My Week needs to automatically update with tasks with due date

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the 'Today' view in wunderlist every day. It is the only way I know of how to organize my day.

• Alain Dauron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, should be very useful. I’m starting to use Microsoft To-Do and like « My day » principle:
        -successive Time periods, connex or not, regular or not: could be « My Weekend », « My evening after work », « My hollyday » (when user-dependent , need some way to have them defined by the user
        - each task stays in its original list but can also be seen in one/several « My xx » list(s)
        - each start of new period, « Myxx » list is emptied and some tasks are proposed (previous / non achieved + some other)

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Full support for a My Week, or My Month - This would make the whole system perfect. A calendar view is just absolutely necessary to me so I can easily see what's coming up!

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to view our to do lists as we manage the rest of our lives, with reviews, looking back, learning from ourselves as we progress and get better at estimation, planning, scoping. We need a journal view, with full history, and the ability to move back and forth in our "my day" timeline. Each day view must contain all unfinished tasks (obv with the ability to hide them as they pile up; task aging strategies like Trello uses would be very helpful here).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base