How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

BUG: synchronisation issues

Windows 10 app has incredible synchronization issues. Sometimes all tasks disappear from the app and then sync once again, but usually not fully.

Similar happens via web - I see there only one third of my tasks.

iOS app seems to be the most reliable.

473 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hikari shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

180 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To do is SO slow. The smart list planned freezes on every iPhone X. I am now seriously considering returning to Wunderlist. How you can buy a product like Wunderlist and then propose to replace it with such an inferior product!!

Last update from Admin was one and a half years ago. Is nobody dealing with the synchronization issues? When I had Wunderlist, I NEVER had synchronization issues. This is pathetic.

Major bug: If you have web version of the To-Do app open for a while, it automatically times out without any notice. Then, when you make changes, it appears that they are being recorded and saved. Later on, when you try opening the app on another device, none of the changes are there. This is ridiculous. Why is the web app timing out at all? And even if it is unavoidable, why is there no message to this effect or any recommendation to re-log-in before updating? This is a major FAIL.

• Jakub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gee, I have the same problem. It's so frustrating... I will have to move everything out to a new task tool because this crap is not reliable. Sync doesn't work properly, random subtasks disappear from the lists.

• Jørn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi, i see 3 bugs:

1. Background sync on android mobile app dont work, ie tasks created on outlook office 365 are not shnchronised on to the phone until the app on the phone is manually opened (this bug has been repirted 2 years ago and still not solved, although th eetopic elsewhere has been handled and closed, but the BUG still exists).

2. creating a recurring task eg starting today the 21 april, due date 21 april and remindet 21 april, repeteating daily until 1 may. First time reminder popup seems right when the task then is completed by using microsoft to-do, a new task is created with reminder the 22 april (correct) but due date is set to the 21 april, hence the task is still showing up in planned tasks for today the 21, even though its marked completed.

3. When opening an attachment eg a pdf, its not possible to selsct a standard application for this. BUG 1 and 2 cripples the app, and are completely crucial to using the app at all. Please fix it.

Regards Nolan

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

won't synchronize across devices - has run well until now.
    Flagged emails (a very needed addition) are not syncing properly, also my day no longer displays in android device & pc.
    Set up my day in the phone - the set up does not display in the pc, nor on the web, same if I set it up on the pc, does not make the changes to the web, or the Andriofd device, and last but not least - If I my day up on the web - it does not synch to the devices either.
    So if I tick a task no on one of the methods - it does not show it as complete on the other 2 options either.
    this is really causing chaos for me... was really starting to tell others about this app - and thinking finally someone has beat the diary organizer - but this is ver difficult at the moment

todo - office 365 business - samsung note 9 - android oreo. Unable to sync. This is a big problem logout and login again and again again. crops up at any time.

• Jørn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sync from outlook office 365 does not work. Update in android TO-DO first happens after i manually open the app. Please fix - as sync is critical for using it at all, without this functioning reliable its useless

• Nghĩa Huynh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the latest response is Oct 2017. I think it's too slow for resolving a clearly bug that affects many users like this.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to the 2/24/19 comment: my win10 app and the web version stay in perfect sync, but my iOS app needs to be terminated and restarted to sync anything. incredibly annoying, and is causing trouble keeping shared lists up-to-date with my wife (also on iOS but not having this issue)

Mac web app (Mojave) not getting sync on my iOS device (iOS 12+) Is this UserVoice thread is being worked on or shelved?
    There are about 166 comments as I write this, which means that it is happening for a lot of users.

Syncing is very important issue fellas.

I can only get the iOS (iPhone) app to sync made there by terminating and restarting it, after which the web app and Windows 10 app update immediately.

In iOS To-Do Settings, the "Sync" area perpetually shows "Up to date"; I suspect this is hard-coded and never changes.

Been having sync problems for many days. Using app on Win10, iPhone and iPad. Updates on one just don't appear on the others.

• wen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There still something fundamentally wrong with syncing. e.g. in the current version on iOS, when I add a few items in "My day", I have to quie the app to allow it appears on browser version for some reason.

Actually, I'm having serious sync issues between my iphone XS Max and my wife iphone 7 plus. Both are on latest iOS and latest TO-DO app.

• Emad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A year and a half has passed, and sync is still completely broken between devices.
    Extremely disappointing, it's such a critical feature, that has been implemented numerous time in other Microsoft products properly. Without it the product is useless.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base