How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Change default list when opening

The app should open up to "To-Do" instead of My Day. Or, if possible, users should be able to open to a custom list (which might default to "To-Do" if that custom list gets deleted).

623 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Duncan MacMichael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

130 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an option to have it open on My Day? You should be able to set what you want...

• Anssi Niemi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bug report: Only works for To-Do and self-made lists, closing on Important defaults to My Day.

• Anony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well done and thank you. The App is now useful.

Perhaps the same could now be done to the Windows 10 App

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>With the latest release of To-Do on iOS and To-Do on Android...
        Great, but what about the long-suffering, loyal Windows Mobile users?

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well done for implementing this change!(Change default list when opening) I will revisit MS To-Do to see if I can move to it from Wunderlist now. John B.

• surfrack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very helpful to have the most recently closed To-Do list category re-open in the same category - big game-changer for my Android devices. Everything has synced flawlessly between devices as well. Still trying to figure you what would be the best way to utilize My Day. I get the general idea, that I pick & choose which items from my various non-calendared items within my To-Do lists to load into the My Day list to give me the various priority tasks for that day. I guess maybe sit down and enter more categories and tasks and then look through everything in the morning and pick and choose what I want to transition over to My Day to tackle that day. Have the think about it a bit. In the meantime, great to have a bunch of well-organized, easy-to-use and synced to-do lists, enter things as I think of them on-the-spot and know the entry is in the cloud and will show up on all my devices.

• Tal Bener commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you!
        These are good news. But this doesn't work in the website, right?
        I work a lot there...

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just gone back to Wunderlist because of this feature. Deal breaker

• Gil Chesterton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like having this comment page though! You can see that this feature request is over a year old. Looks like it is the most requested feature and they're not doing anything about it. So this immediately eliminates the app for me and I don't have to waste more time on it. Great!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. How can you purchase Wunderlist and go so far backwards in your first release? My day is not only annoying, it renders the app useless. Too many taps to get to what I neeed to see.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I need this badly! Only using the app for a shared shopping list atm. My day is useless if you use the app this way.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The stupid My Day is useless because it hides all the to do items in separate To Do page. When I create a new item it does display in My Day but doesn't the next day. Get rid of it. And add the ability to set which to do list to set by default. Until thats done I will not deploy to 500 of our staff because they will all be annoyed as much as me.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base