How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Templates for Tasks / Workflows

There are often similar Tasks or Workflows in business. So it would be nice to have an option to define Templates for tasks/Workflows (Task with sub-tasks and dynamic reminders like 2-weeks after start). This would allow the user to manage internal processes with the todo-list. Maybe it's also possible to start a workflow by sending a mail to the todo-list and giving some attributes in the subject to initiate the details of the task/workflow.

245 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • K. Wester-Ebbinghaus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a workaround.
    prerequisite:
    the Todo needs to be in a list of yours (not a shared one from another person).
    you need outlook or outlook web

open Outlook > tasks >
    find the list from the todo you want to duplicate
    select the Todo list > ctrl + C
    ctrl + V to duplicate the list quickly as many times as you need them

it will be synced to the list in Todo in a short. you can drag and drop them into other lists

sub todos will remain

• Desmond Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support templates. Allow the user to save a list of To-Do items / tasks as a template. This template can be applied when creating a new list

• Ben Seymour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have feature. I often need to do the same series of tasks for different projects (i.e. steps in setting up a new computer before handing it off to a user / client).

• Firdaus Omar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have the option for the duplicate list to be unchecked or make a list as a template that can be used repeatedly.

• Ferhat ÖZDAĞ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For reminder it has predefined time and time option.
    I need fast reminder option
    For example remind time for tomorrow is 09
    I prefer 10am. I always to choose pick a date for to unable 10am

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. I use the To-Do as a to do list. Often the tasks are the same, but I might forget a step or two. It would be great to have this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the best of my knowledge the gtd manager omnifocus has this for years.
    Would be great to have templates to populate holiday check / packinglists , grocery shoppinglists and so on, all based on a chosen or created temp;late.

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could create a Task as a template with all sub-tasks in it I could use it every time I need to redo the same task but this time I will have all requirements "sub-tasks" already listed so I won't forget anything.

• Yohanan Diamond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome if there were a way to create template lists, also importing and exporting.
    Other thing that could be good is if there were a community website or section on the application where the users could post their templates for the others to download (with starring and likes support).

• Annkristin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, just as holiday lists, shopping etc. Or we get to unmark all sub tasks as we finish the list. Or make a copy of that list in which all tasks are undone.

• Robbie Knapic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great one! I use it to keep track of everything I do, and some of those things are repetative. Being able to set up a "new hire process" checklist for example, and to check off each step every time we get a new hire, would be nice. It's the same list every time, and it would save me time and keep me more organized, since I rarely do the whole process in one sitting! So much wasted time could be saved!

• Jey C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see some features for a (shared) list that can be optimized for shopping:

- When an item is marked as "done" it moves to a lower section of the list so it's easy to review and re-add back to the active list
    - Ability to add quantity
    - Categories (eg color code a tag based on what store you plan to get an item at)
    - Grouping / sorting to allow items in the list to be ordered based on location in store (eg bundle dairy items together)

• Jey C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see some features for a (shared) list that can be optimized for shopping:

- When an item is marked as "done" it moves to a lower section of the list so it's easy to review and re-add back to the active list
    - Ability to add quantity
    - Categories (eg color code a tag based on what store you plan to get an item at)
    - Grouping / sorting to allow items in the list to be ordered based on location in store (eg bundle dairy items together)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use to-do to manage clients for my business. All types of one client all have the same tasks to be completed, so instead of writing it out each time, I'd like to make a template for that type of client and just one-button click to re-use it.

• Greyman King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree. I suggest that when multiline text is insert into the list, it should be automatically converted into list items.

• Amrit Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want some premade lists for a first time user some suggestions
    1. Go-to
    2. Work-on
    3. Check-it
    4. Appointments
    5. Grocery List

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base