How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Smart Lists

I loved the way wunderlist had Smart Lists. I can't do without Starred and Week and even completed. Please add that to To-Do.

- Tomorrow
- Weekly
- Next 10 days
- Monthly
- Completed
- Incomplete
- Overdue
- Recurring tasks
- Starred
- Overdue
- Tasks in shared lists
- Assigned to me
- Tasks with due date
- Tasks without due date
- Tasks due on xxx day

3,717 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Khushboo Singh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

229 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Luiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most basic and useful one for me is the “all tasks list”. I can't believe it is missing.

• Bulent Kozak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to see the tasks we assigned to other people (from planner/task planner/outlook etc) and we should be able to assign task to others also

• Darko Bazulj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

predefined "smart lists" are good but it would be more powerful to have ability to create searchable or custom lists based on various parameters of tasks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All task view is a critical one for me. This includes all items in lists you create even if they do not have a reminder set or are planned.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would support an idea to have a separate list for tasks without due date. Some tasks can be left in a list and you just miss them when preparing a daily plan. Only when iterating through different lists you can find out, that there are some tasks, you would like to accomplish, but forgot about them, because these tasks did not appear in My day suggestions or in Planned list.

• JA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about All Tasks list? Useful when I want to quickly scroll through all my tasks

• Alexandr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Очень нужен Архив завершенных задач - когда завершена, в каком проекте

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd prefer not to have to add a due date to tasks I want to work on tomorrow. I may choose to work on them tomorrow, but they may not be "due" until later in the week. I'd love a list that mimics the "My Day" list where I can map out my next day at the end of the day. Then the tasks will automatically move over to "My Day" at 12 PM. (see this User Voice) https://todo.uservoice.com/forums/597175-feature-suggestions/suggestions/35420863-create-a-to-do-list-for-tomorrow

• Fregl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss to create smartlists for my own and search for categories or tags and to save the search. E. g. List all Tasks that include "office" in taskname (or other fields). I really loved this feature in remember the milk. So you can build the tasklist exactly like you need it and how it is your way to think.

• Hardik Upadhyay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am mainly looking for the list -- Task without Due Date. This will help people like me procrastinating over most of the tasks.

I'm not seeing "Overdue" items showing up in the Planned smart lists on web. It shows up in my Android app but not on web. When will this be fixed?

Every users` needs are different, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could let users define dynamic filters like Todoist.

-Tomorrow
    -Next 3 days which are tasks that need to get done but haven't been assigned a due date
    -week
    -month- allows you to assign due dates and view past completed/total tasks due per day
    -overdue-sounds like a good one

Tomorrow is a must as Cal Newport, author of Deep Work says that you increase your productivity when you're able to plan your tasks for the following day.
    It is why I suggest to create tasks to be completed for the next few days but have not been assigned a due date because, others have suggested that if you keep your thoughts juggling in your mind, you waste valuable energy juggling them in your mind. You "free" up space by jotting them down. So this option allows you to jot them down without having to commit to them right away and they appear when you go to plan tomorrow, or your next seven days.

Thank you

• Javier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, we need an "X" CrossButton to "Remove from My day" in the My Day list, e.g. side by side with 'completed' CheckCircle.
    Likewise, it would be useful to have a "Completed" CheckCircle in Ideas to add to MyDay view. Currently I add them to my day to mark them as completed quickly, rather than pointing with mouse to the right side menu. This could be paliated if "next task selected" option was implemented in settings, in the same way that Outlook does. We indicate it what to select after you have dealt with the one it was selected.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base