How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Smart Lists

I loved the way wunderlist had Smart Lists. I can't do without Starred and Week and even completed. Please add that to To-Do.

- Tomorrow
- Weekly
- Next 10 days
- Monthly
- Completed
- Incomplete
- Overdue
- Recurring tasks
- Starred
- Overdue
- Tasks in shared lists
- Assigned to me
- Tasks with due date
- Tasks without due date
- Tasks due on xxx day

2,873 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Khushboo Singh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

213 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not seeing "Overdue" items showing up in the Planned smart lists on web. It shows up in my Android app but not on web. When will this be fixed?

Every users` needs are different, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could let users define dynamic filters like Todoist.

• Yohanan Diamond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a script system for creating smart lists also in the style of the Todoist filters! That would be great.

-Tomorrow
        -Next 3 days which are tasks that need to get done but haven't been assigned a due date
        -week
        -month- allows you to assign due dates and view past completed/total tasks due per day
        -overdue-sounds like a good one

Tomorrow is a must as Cal Newport, author of Deep Work says that you increase your productivity when you're able to plan your tasks for the following day.
        It is why I suggest to create tasks to be completed for the next few days but have not been assigned a due date because, others have suggested that if you keep your thoughts juggling in your mind, you waste valuable energy juggling them in your mind. You "free" up space by jotting them down. So this option allows you to jot them down without having to commit to them right away and they appear when you go to plan tomorrow, or your next seven days.

Thank you

• Javier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, we need an "X" CrossButton to "Remove from My day" in the My Day list, e.g. side by side with 'completed' CheckCircle.
        Likewise, it would be useful to have a "Completed" CheckCircle in Ideas to add to MyDay view. Currently I add them to my day to mark them as completed quickly, rather than pointing with mouse to the right side menu. This could be paliated if "next task selected" option was implemented in settings, in the same way that Outlook does. We indicate it what to select after you have dealt with the one it was selected.

• Yan Liu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Firstly, Please create a Calendar View based on the "the day I want to work on the task", in the view, I can clearly know what to do TODAY.

Secondly, please add a "drag and drop" function based on the Calendar View, for example, if I did not finish a task that supposed to be completed on Monday, and I need to change the planned date, then I can drag the task from Monday to Thursday, and the original task in Monday box was removed with strikthrough. Through this way, I can know what I delayed and what I finished on time.

• MS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when the "Planned" will be available for iPhones? This is essential for me...

• Michel Jouvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planned smart list are a good start but more are needed... Overdue is an essential one as 'Assigned to me' for shared lists (+ all the tasks in non shared list, at least optionally).

• Peachy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My day needs to auto populate with any tasks due for that day. This would be better than just a reminder to add things.

In fact... Could it be done so if you have tasks due on a day that it automatically adds them. If you do not have any ue that day it triggers a reminder to add some tasks to complete.

• Kooresh Shoghi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If an item is planned for a certain day (say tomorrow or a given date), that item should be listed automatically in "my day" on that day....it currently does not. Needs to be smarter.

• Hansen.M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can make it with Chinese Lunar Calendar together? Eg. the day of next lunar year.

• Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, that's a great feature. Is there a way to configure new lists? E.g. I would like to see what happened in the last month or even more

• Kreera House commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is the "Planned" smart list coming to iOS? I have version 1.41 installed, but it's still missing that list. I only see it in the other platforms (Android, Web and Windows 10).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base