How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Smart Lists

I loved the way wunderlist had Smart Lists. I can't do without Starred and Week and even completed. Please add that to To-Do.

- Tomorrow
- Weekly
- Next 10 days
- Monthly
- Completed
- Incomplete
- Overdue
- Recurring tasks
- Starred
- Overdue
- Tasks in shared lists
- Assigned to me
- Tasks with due date
- Tasks without due date
- Tasks due on xxx day

2,612 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Khushboo Singh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  AdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft To-Do) responded  · 

With version 1.41 the Planned smart list is now available on Android and Windows as well as on web. In Planned you can see all of your scheduled tasks, including those due in the next seven days, in one list.

The list “Important” which shows you all starred tasks is also available in To-Do across all clients now.

193 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kreera House commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is the "Planned" smart list coming to iOS? I have version 1.41 installed, but it's still missing that list. I only see it in the other platforms (Android, Web and Windows 10).

• Suhail Yaqub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank for making Planned view available. Please also include past due date tasks (not completed) in the view.

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't the tasks listed in the 'Planned' view as 'Later' not appear in date order? Add a sort by date option?

• Jamil Haddadin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have a list for only showing tasks with start date today or before (hide the future start date tasks)

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also interested in having that functionality for iOS (as per RayVra's comment)

• Frosty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In your WORKING ON IT comment you mention ‘all scheduled tasks’ list and ‘all starred’ list by client, will there be an ‘all tasks’ list and an ‘all completed’ list or any other smart lists? Thanks.

• Karin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Yay on lists :) Buutt, I just got 1.41 and noticed that in my planned section for today I have a completed task from yesterday?

• Christian Hartung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's better to empower us with a way to create custom filters than add all of those smart lists.

Create a simple syntax for us to create our own smart lists (I like the name "Filters", leaving the name "Smart Lists" for the lists Microsoft suplies).

The syntax should include options to filter by:
        - Due date
        - Status (new/overdue)
        - Completion state (complete/incomplete)
        - Priority (high/stared, normal and low)[
        - List (name, shared or not)
        And add some operators (less than, greater than).

This way, anyone can create their own Filters/Smart Lists, and Microsoft can focus just on things that filters can't make (like the "Planned" section they are rolling out, with tasks grouped).

• wattabrownsound commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a Reminders smart list. Maybe every update or two a new smart list category should be added to left hand navigation menu.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The flexibility of smart lists was a great feature in Wunderlist. Time and status based...

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the thing that prevents me from committing to To-Do. I put tasks into lists, and then forget about them. I've resorted to managing my task lists on a OneNote page. At the very least, I need something that shows all non-complete tasks on one screen, grouped by list so I don't have to put the list's name into the name of every task. But I can imagine also using most of the Smart List types mentioned above.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been over six months that this feature is in the planned stage (Over a year and half since it was suggested), I'm planning to move to Ticktick now because this is seriously impacting my workflow. I feel you guys need to move faster on some of these features, I see updates on some feature requests after nearly 1 year or more, this causes a lot of Wunderlist lovers to move on to other apps which will be detrimental to you guys in the long run. The general opinion of Todo is suffering significantly because of this.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base