How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Assign tasks to someone

In the way it was possible in Wunderlist. Or the way one can invite someone on Outlook.

975 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

80 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Varun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Def on the most important feature for collaboration. I' am using to-do at work and I want to be able to assign specific tasks to team members. hopefully, this will be prioritized soon.

• David Rodriguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this not be planned? Is this a joke? This is sipposed to be a todo list with enabled collaboration, shared lists,... but you can´t asign tasks to your coworkers?
        Office 365 is great but if you want to compete on this type of apps look at competitors... Asana, Trello...miles away

• Anupam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most ridiculous thing about todo is the lack of this feature which is so essential. Without this moving over from Wunderlist makes no sense. In fact this feature should have been there in the first place after acquiring Wunderlist.

• Rahul N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do not let the owner loose the control over the task if he assigns it to some one else... this unfortunately happens in Outlook task... :-(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years since the acquisition of Wunderlist and yet not all the features are mapped. This app makes you feel we are still living in the 90s

• Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of this feature is the only thing keeping me from using To-Do over Wunderlist.

• Brent R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not already an option? Ridiculous. Want to move over from Wunderlist, but we can't do that without being able to sign tasks to individuals.

• MO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have an integration with Hub. So that I could take a task from Hub that has been assigned to me, and add it to my daily to-do.

• MO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mirroring the comments of others. Please make it possible to assign tasks to others - otherwise, the shared to-do lists are almost irrelevant.
        This is a massive pain point.

• Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to assign tasks greatly enhances the value of list sharing. Please take that next step and enable task assignments, with emails generated to those tasked, and confirmation email back to the task assigner once the task is complete. Thank you!

• Dustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's hard to be excited for shared lists when task ownership isn't possible. I had thought shared lists would be rolled out not only with this feature but also comments and auditing to allow for collaboration. Please prioritize this.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When implementing this feature please trigger an email be sent to the task owner when assigned a task so they are aware and to the person who assigned the task once completed.
        Thank you!

• Caio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Assign tasks to someone is a fundamental feature. Please, this need to be priority.

• Chrissy Roff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot use To-do without this feature as shared lists need items assigned. Will keep using Wunderlist until this feature is available.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base