How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Assign tasks to someone

In the way it was possible in Wunderlist. Or the way one can invite someone on Outlook.

671 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all the comments below... in fact, I am surprised it had to be said. It it is built upon Wunderlist and compete with others tasks lists on the market, this feature is absolutely a must -- 'no-brainer' in fact...

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"This should be a priority item. No point sharing if you can't assign" - Agreed.

I would like to change over from Wunderlist, but until Microsoft To-Do has at least the same features I can't. Sort it out! (please) ;)

I agree, if I could assign a task to anyone in my organization and have a way to track its completion that would be really helpful. Right now I am looking at having to make a Wunderslist for every employee, sharing it with them, and then finding their list to assign them a task. Cumbersome.

• Syed Mehfooz Ahamed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh no. After a long long wait we were expecting this feature to assign tasks just like Wunderlist. But the feature added recently in to-do was just to share the information with others. We all are disappointed with this act of Microsoft.

Now this feature request is kept in backlog!! So Microsoft agreed this critical feature not doable by them even when they have the super team Wunderlist working on this. We all are disappointed really.

We are still confused to still wait or continue using Wunderlist or go out of Microsoft in total. Very sad :(

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that I can share lists with my team members its not super helpful if we don't know who is working on what. Right now our only option is to have separate lists per person or include the person's name in the task list. Please prioritize this.

• John Martin Askevold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the new share function it would be really productive to assign tasks to the people that have access to the different lists.

It would be great to be able to share individual tasks so that I could delegate right away.

Sharing is a critical step and I'm glad it's finally enabled, but this is a must-have before we can even think about switching from Wunderlist to To-Do in order to make Shared lists productive. This should not be on the backlog. This is one of the best features of Wunderlist and should have been functional on To-Do Day 1. Please make this a priority.

This is important for business users, otherwise we have no way to assign tasks or jobs between staff. The list sharing is not complete without this.

• Andrii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since List share is now started to roll out to users, it will be great to be able to assign some person from list to task and to receive notifications when I was assigned.

Great idea - then it could automatically appear on other user's to do list with an opportunity to accept, negotiate etc.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I made a task to do something, but after researching it, I found that it's not something I am able to do - I need to pass the task on to someone who can do it - but I don't want to re-create the whole thing with it's notes.

I wish, after discovering that I can't do something, I could delegate the task.

Also, I'd like to be able to create tasks for people and receive updates on the progress - similar to assigning tasks in Outlook.

Just want to chime in with my please add the ability for me to assign a to do task to someone, looks like I can do with outlook, but I like this app better. Thanks

Please add this as this is used in sharpoint for our company. But sharepoint is far more complicated than To-do.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base