• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HadiHadi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  MarcelAdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

We are currently reviewing votes feature suggestions, specifically features that exist in Wunderlist, as we work on our roadmap for the next releases.

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just imported to Todo, saw my 40+ imported lists without folders and switched back to Wunderlist. I really hope you implement this.

• C. Yusuf MumtazC. Yusuf Mumtaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without folders, some users would end up with a never ending series of lists to sort through; folders can help tidy it up.

• Artyom SemyonovArtyom Semyonov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, since you stopped development on Wunderlist, To-Do must be everything that WL is and then some. This is also crucial feature for me.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add folders and I am ready to switch over from wunderlist, My basic workflow will be supported in To-Do. Add subtasks, and I can replicate my full workflow (and I will use 'My Day,' so that's added value).

• William GillWilliam Gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely must have.
        Particularly given that sub-tasks are not supported.
        Without subtasks or folders, there is no way to sensibly organise more than a handful of topics/subject areas.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this can be implemented in different ways --- but for people that use To-Dos a lot (work, home, etc.) having some way to group related ones is important. Could be tags, or folders, or something else but you need to review and then actually implement something.

• DamianDamian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be the begining of the nex big GTD software, please make it happen.

• FilipeFilipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Folders (and even sub folders) are very necessaryo help on organizing all issues.

• FilipeFilipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are requests for folders in Microsoft To-Do but not for Sub folders. Folders are necessary to organize your main lists into subjects, themes or projects and help reduce clutter (mainly when you use the app on your phone all the time). Sub folders will help even more with that as projects become more complex and long so it will be easier to plan and visualize what you have to do. Ex: Folder of Project "A" >>> Sub folder 1: Recruit staff (includes lists and sub lists) + Sub folder 2: Equipment (includes lists and sub lists) + Sub folder 3: Financial Capital (includes lists and sub lists), etc...

Yea, I agree. The ability to do folders is very much necessary. The nice thing about wunderlist is that you can create folders, and then when you have a due date it all consolidates into a central folder.

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this as I manage a number of lists for different places - I work with multiple clients, have internal business tasks to track and also have personal tasks and shared home lists.

Having folders in Wunderlist lets me keep things very organised and is an essential feature for me right after sharing of lists.

This is the main reason I use Wunderlist and if this goes, I'll be looking elsewhere.

• Matt ArmstrongMatt Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I and others agree, but these ideas should be split out into separate posts. There are others that have mentioned these things though and have a large number of votes. It would probably be best to focus energy on those posts since they have more votes. I think that would be the most effective way to be heard.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base