• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

We are reviewing this idea and work on defining our roadmap for the next releases. We see that it gets requested a lot, so we are definitely considering it for an update at some point.

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this because Cortana reminders don't work with Google Home, If Todo had a great reminder experience I could use that to get sync across all of my devices

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a top feature that would put Microsoft To Do above other to do apps. It is hard to stray from the default IOS Reminders app as it will remind/alert me based on location. Such a help and necessary feature.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Location based reminders are top of my list. Will use this when location based reminders integrated. Can't until then.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the location is nearby or on route while driving, suggest adding as a stop. For example, if I want to be alerted to buy a tool next time I'm at a particular hardware store, it's beneficial to suggest to stop at the store as it's either in route, or nearby. Nearby can be within a reasonable distance, noting that it may take time while driving to adjust for the new stop.

• Tessa tobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone explain why location based reminders cannot be made available? Apple offers this ability so I will continue to use apple products until Microsoft considers making their applications more relevant for everyday use.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The standard map for IOS users has a long way to go to catch up with Google Maps, but some apps give you to option to rather use other maps, like Google Maps as the map that goes with the app. Great if you can implement this option when you add location based reminders.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a new app called "HoneyDew List" that I am trying out. It's new, but seems to be all about the ability to share along with locations. You can only share with one person right now, but they are apparently about to release the next version that will allow sharing a list with multiple users.

The coolest part for me so far is that you can check an item off as "In Progress". Then my wife knows when I am on my way to the location of that item and can add more items to the list for that location. Pretty sure this will save me from the "well why didn't you tell me you were going there" comment ALOT lol

And when my wife puts a location of some weird store I'm not familiar, I click the GPS icon on the item and it on Google Maps. Pretty cool so far! Oh, and it's free!

For people using IOS please make Google Maps an alternative for this functionality instead of the apple maps.

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just when you arrive somewhere, but when you leave them too. So powerful.

Plus, ability to have more than one location would be nice...

Location based reminder could be achieved via Cortana... Therefore, integrate Cortana with To-Do

• Arch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Baked this feature with Cortana so we can say like "Hey Cortana, make a task buying ingredients next time I go to Shopping Center" something like that.

• Arch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Especially we need to make Cortana location-based reminders to be handled by To-Do backend instead. So we can make To-Do task by voice using Cortana.

Yes. I won't be able to use this as my daily driver until location-based reminders get implemented.

• Trevor Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very much needed. I suggest have a setting to determine how often it pings your location. To avoid draining the battery / checking the phones location too often, allow the user to set the interval up to 5 minutes, and down to 5 seconds. Not sure if that is plausible, but I only need it to check my location every 5 mins (or more) once I get home. But if I'm driving past a McDonalds and i want to get reminded to buy a milkshake, then 5 seconds would be better. Know what I mean?

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add geotags to my tasks. Example : Next I go to [THIS PLACE], remind me to do [SOMETHING])

Feedback and Knowledge Base