How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

"Next week" should be Monday not Sunday

When selecting "Next Week" on a task, it should be set to Monday of Next week and not Sunday. Or at least this behavior should be configurable.

1,752 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob Cannon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sergey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It must be configurable. Now in Android I cannot set the start week as Sunday. Upset.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, it is still a problem in android app as well. It should be configurable which day is your start of the week sunday or monday. I have my galaxy phone default calendar app start of the week monday but to-do app shows start of the week as sunday.

+10 This is a most necessary option. Even if there´s a work around in Windows 10 (and I did set it up today, I hope it doesn´t break things in other programs) remember that we should have it consistent across devices.

• Arian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to see you are working on it. I moved my system "week start date" to Monday to allow for "Next Week" to be Monday in this app, but that is a messy solution as I'm far too used to having Sunday as the start of the week in my calendar.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree - making Monday the default for first day of week (better even: make it configurable to account for different local and cultural contexts) is a must. A real productivity killer for me when I quickly want to replay tasks - and not put all of them on Sunday (my usual day off). Basic feature, should be easy to implement. Waiting for a while now. Please please make it happen.

Can you make setting Mon 1st day of the week possible, please? It is such a basic feature that ANY student developer can create, why it takes years for this I am not sure... Did you even put it on your to-do list? 😂

• Sheree Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been fixed yet? I use MS Todo on Windows10 and iOS. I don't see the option in settings. Seems so basic. Who wants to defer a work project to Sunday morning??

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please set this to Monday, make it configurable OR at least make next week be the same as the start of week setting in outlook.

• Jody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please address this. I spent 10 mins searching how to correct this...

• Aaron Sentell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to customize this so that your week can start on Sunday or Monday. Maybe apps have this option in Android.

• Bob V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Next week should be 7 days from the current day. Eg. If the task was scheduled for a Wednesday, and I postpone it to next week...it should go to next Wednesday rather than the coming Sunday (which actually is less than a week).

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like very much the improvements you have done recently but I really can't understand why this has not been corrected yet!!! It is very frustrating!

Please add this asap on Android!

• Geoffroy Ménard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be configurable, and there should be customizable "quick reminders", where the users could create items, choose its name and its rule such as number of days/weeks from today, day of the week, etc

• VdR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar for custom date shows Sunday as first day of the week. Should be able to set to Monday.

• Vitaly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I choose option "remind next week", or smth. Like this, To-Do sets option to the Sunday, but in my region week starts from Monday. It would be nice, if ToDo gets setting about calendar from Outlook, or from O365 account, or sets it according to region of the user

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base