How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

"Next week" should be Monday not Sunday

When selecting "Next Week" on a task, it should be set to Monday of Next week and not Sunday. Or at least this behavior should be configurable.

1,994 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob Cannon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

103 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eduardo Sverner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How difficult should it be for Microsoft to make this improvement?
    I Cannot believe that you guys are so incompetent!

• R.B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am happy to see Windows 10 has the option to change the system date options for week start but it would be better to have it app dependent.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? It makes rescheduling pending tasks for the following week very inconvenient.

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option doesn't exist in the web-application of to-do, but in the calendar. Would be nice to use the same setting for both

• MG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And over a year later, still not done? Make this a priority!

Would be better if user gets to choose to set a particular day as start of week. Maybe an option in app settings?

• Sergey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It must be configurable. Now in Android I cannot set the start week as Sunday. Upset.

Hi, it is still a problem in android app as well. It should be configurable which day is your start of the week sunday or monday. I have my galaxy phone default calendar app start of the week monday but to-do app shows start of the week as sunday.

+10 This is a most necessary option. Even if there´s a work around in Windows 10 (and I did set it up today, I hope it doesn´t break things in other programs) remember that we should have it consistent across devices.

• Arian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to see you are working on it. I moved my system "week start date" to Monday to allow for "Next Week" to be Monday in this app, but that is a messy solution as I'm far too used to having Sunday as the start of the week in my calendar.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree - making Monday the default for first day of week (better even: make it configurable to account for different local and cultural contexts) is a must. A real productivity killer for me when I quickly want to replay tasks - and not put all of them on Sunday (my usual day off). Basic feature, should be easy to implement. Waiting for a while now. Please please make it happen.

Can you make setting Mon 1st day of the week possible, please? It is such a basic feature that ANY student developer can create, why it takes years for this I am not sure... Did you even put it on your to-do list? 😂

• Sheree Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been fixed yet? I use MS Todo on Windows10 and iOS. I don't see the option in settings. Seems so basic. Who wants to defer a work project to Sunday morning??

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please set this to Monday, make it configurable OR at least make next week be the same as the start of week setting in outlook.

• Jody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please address this. I spent 10 mins searching how to correct this...

• Aaron Sentell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to customize this so that your week can start on Sunday or Monday. Maybe apps have this option in Android.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base