How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

"Next week" should be Monday not Sunday

When selecting "Next Week" on a task, it should be set to Monday of Next week and not Sunday. Or at least this behavior should be configurable.

1,022 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rob Cannon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jassim Rahma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it should be Sunday too because Sunday is first day of the week in our region. So better to have this as an option and user can set the first day of the week.

• Rob Cannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This does work in Windows 10! But you need search for Regional Settings and make the change for Windows 10. The app uses the OS setting.

• Oleksiy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sunday is still part of the weekend. Most people's workweek starts on Monday. So it is more consistent if the week starts on Monday too.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first day of the week is Sunday, not Monday. I hope if this idea is implemented, it's not the default setting.

• Anna Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! We need the next day up to plan for by the evening hours of the night before. I'm a teacher and my to-do plan has to be made and ready to run before my feet hit the floor first thing in the morning.

• AA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Next Week should be on Monday, or provide an option for it.

Totally disagree - next week should always start on Sunday.
        Sounds like this needs to be an option for selection.

I vote for Monday (but configurable). People can disagree about what the first day of the week is, but for me the issue is "When do I want to get to work on it?" For me, that means Monday.

Definitely needs to be an option as my week starts on Sunday, as does most people in the Healthcare industry. Unless you are in non patient care area. Some of are in both.

• Arian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Windows 10 app, tried postponing a to-do to "next week", and it was still assigned a due date of Sunday.

What is the status of this for the various platforms?

• John R. Perfect commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that this should be user configurable.
        It would be really nice to be able to configure on a list-by-list basis, but I know that's likely to be useful to me and almost no one else.

• Peachy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a choice so that people can choose what works best for them.

• Anio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people use differently. Me and most people (or even 90% of them) in my country starts at Monday.

• Jan Kosik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Week starts with monday and ends with sunday. Period. Week starting with sunday is just confusing.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base