How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Priority Levels

You might have Most Important Task, or Important Task, or even a Bump List. Some Tasks are more important than others, So a Priority Level would be nice.

Level 1 to Level 10

Or Task Catagories: "Simple Quick Tasks", "Bump List",

4,841 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

266 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope in the future updates the star features will be improved into low, medium, high level in form of color-coded labels perhaps

• OLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am going to switch to Todoist now.
        They have multiple priorities and real subtasks.
        What Microsoft delivers here is a lousy copy of Wunderlist.
        Nothing where you can plan your tasks in a comfortable way.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[as Harry D said] "4800+ votes and 250+ comments, this is clearly a sought after request - but all you've given us is a star? And called that "complete"?"

Having a star is some progress, o.k., but just ONE star is NOT supporting PRIORITY LEVELS at all, one would need at least 2 stars to support 2 levels, 3 stars to support 3 levels, etc. This is quite trivial - and your completed solution is even more trivial - I call this a minimum of functionality for productivity!

I hope the importance filter list that appears under My Day in Windows 10 app will show up on the other app platforms. Nice Job!

Great we have stars. If we could now have a starred list for all starred items I could then move my starred items into My Day. Here’s hoping.

• Harry D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4800+ votes and 250+ comments, this is clearly a sought after request - but all you've given us is a star? And called that "complete"?

• Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for making this change. To-Do has just gone from unusable to a daily tool. Would have been nice to provide 3 priority levels like Outlook but maybe in the future?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A star...….1 priority level.....very underwhelming. Classifying this as completed is just embarrassing.
        Have you really reviewed what people have asked for?
        To-Do has great potential but to be a serious option it has to have at least the same functionality as any of the other options.

• steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very helpful, particularly for MyDay. To-Do along with Flow has given me the tools to custom manage requests and requirement assignments from many sources in to a single to app where I can organize and prioritize into doable tasks.

• Milad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality is not what the description says. You can only star your task, not actually prioritize. what if you have 20 tasks and 10 of them are important. but again among those 10, some are more important than others. In this way that is implemented, we have to go back to our drag drop prioritization as we were doing before implementing this feature in this way. I would expect to have something like 5 stars next to each other so we can really mark their level of importance.

• Serghei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Uauuu, brilliant idea. From all the feedback about sorting the tasks somehow, by importance, color, due date ... you have created a * star. Amazing work !!!

Next problem: on a normal PC monitor with Full HD resolution the star icons are far away from the task description (so the user has wide ways for the eyes and the mouse).
        This is a bad usability, would be better when the stars are in front of the task description.

Today I saw behind my tasks a "Star" icon (exactly like in Wunderlist, just a blue color) where I can mark some tasks as "Important".

Microsoft, this is a poor copy of Wunderlist.
        I hoped to get 3 priority levels (High, Medium, Low), just to have one level is not enough.
        Today I have 8 important tasks (they are really important) but only 2 are very very important.
        No chance to assign 2 priority levels.

• Molly Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, any updates on being able to prioritize tasks? A year+ago your admin posted you were working on it. How hard can prioritization be?

• Van Dung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's must have for me for the todo list. Hopping you guys are shipping this feature soon.

Thanks

As far as priorities go it would be nice to have priorities prioritised if that makes sense. E.g a long term priority list. Medium list and a short term priority list. Long, medium or short may be prioritised more than once depending on where that item is on its own priority list. E.g. a high long term priority item may have a low short term status.

The priority list items need to be able to be selected no matter what parent list they are listed on. They also need to appear on their own dedicated priority list irrespective of if they have been allocated a date.
        Sub steps need to be available for prioritising as well.
        This method I would use in preference to date or day order.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base