How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Priority Levels

You might have Most Important Task, or Important Task, or even a Bump List. Some Tasks are more important than others, So a Priority Level would be nice.

Level 1 to Level 10

Or Task Catagories: "Simple Quick Tasks", "Bump List",

1,026 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JoshJosh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GeertGeert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make a sort on importance: a combination of - at least - time left and priority so that I don't have to switch all the time between sorted on priority and sorted on planned or deadline.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi, it is great app. you can also add priority like red colour for important task, etc. And also sub task.

• BoydstonBoydston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the sake of integration, just use low, normal, high--which are already part of outlook tasks.

• JoachimJoachim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Priorities should be used also for the 'My Day' suggestions - at the moment, it is more or less random what is proposed, you should have more control over it.

• swaroop rathswaroop rath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be helpful to have 3 levels of priority: simple and most people will find it useful
        Ideas for 3 levels: urgent, important and <blank>
        Red, Blue and Yellow (Colors)

• FCFC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to be able to sort by priority within due date.... Due date is highest order sort, then priority. (Or have option to choose - but would want to be able to sort on both.)

• MarcoMarco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not limit the number of priorities. Priority should be a number that i can choose. It can be even negative number or a fraction. Eg if i have priority "1" but i find other 2 tasks that i want to put on top of the list then i should be able to give number "0" and "-1" so i can quickly have them om top of the lista without havimg toanually assign say a "2" to all the formerly "1" priorities. Alsonif i have a lot of priorities 2 and 3 and i want to insert one item between the 2 tasks then i should be able to insert 2,5 as a priory number

• MarcoMarco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make the change of priority easy to change. Eg. I have a to do list in ms excel and i have a column A for priorities (from 1 to number that I want) and column B for tasks so I can change priority wirhout going into the task and losing time. Moreover in this way i can quickly see the list of priorities and organize them by tasks. Bottom line: make change of priority a one touch operarion and make it possibly to simply order by priority (or by whatever u want) the tasks and make it possible to quickly have a view of the list/priorities: i do nor want to go inside a cluster (say priority 1) and see only those cluster (say see omly priority one)

• RaphaelRaphael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mark tasks as Favorites / Priorities or put them in order for execution (1, 2, 3, 4 ...).

• DeanDean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't reinvent the wheel here. Our tasks in Outlook/Exchange already have Low, Medium, and High priority. That's a good start. As others have said on here, we need more levels, so perhaps get the Exchange/Outlook team and add more levels to that priority field. Better yet, let users customize it in settings. Start off simple with 3 levels for beginners. Let the power users go in and change the setting to allow 5 or 10 levels of priority if they want.

I have so many tasks that I never have time to get to, that it's important for me to be able to review my list and move tasks up or down in priority to focus on the most important tasks first.

Please don't reinvent the wheel here. Our tasks in Outlook/Exchange already have Low, Medium, and High priority. That's a good start. As others have said on here, we need more levels, so perhaps get with the Exchange/Outlook team and add more levels to that existing priority field. Better yet, let users customize it in settings. Start off simple with 3 levels for beginners. Let the power users go in and change the setting to allow 5 or 10 levels of priority if they want.

I have so many tasks that I never have time to get to, that it's important for me to be able to review my list and move tasks up or down in priority to focus on the most important tasks first.

Please don't reinvent the wheel here. Our tasks in Outlook/Exchange already have Low, Medium, and High priority. That's a good start. As others have said on here, we need more levels, so perhaps get the Exchange/Outlook team and add more levels to that priority field. Better yet, let users customize it in settings. Start off simple with 3 levels for beginners. Let the power users go in and change the setting to allow 5 or 10 levels of priority if they want.

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Priorities are important. 1-3 levels would be sufficient (low, medium, high)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base