How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Priority Levels

You might have Most Important Task, or Important Task, or even a Bump List. Some Tasks are more important than others, So a Priority Level would be nice.

Level 1 to Level 10

Or Task Catagories: "Simple Quick Tasks", "Bump List",

2,066 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JoshJosh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

69 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you can always priorotize by dragging items up oder down in the to-do-list.

• Robin PetersRobin Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very usefull feature, everyone uses priorities.

i.e

High - something not desired will happen if i don t do it now
        Medium - important
        Low - nice to do

• axelaxel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its absolutely strange for me, that such a basic feature like priorities ist not supported

• CherylCheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if the APP can automatically sync priority/category with Outlook PC

• Thomas ChoyThomas Choy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Besides levels GTD methodology (aka ABC method) would be great. For example, A tasks are important and must be done right away. The B tasks are only when A are done. The C when there is free time to kill. Within each group there can be levels - A1, A2, A3, B1,B2...etc.

• GeertGeert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people work with priorities, but often in a different way. So just make enough levels and let the users choose number and names in the settings. Then you can go for a star; A, B, C, D; 0 to 10 or whatsoever.

• GeertGeert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also '0' or 'None' for 'Not assigned'? I often assign priorities afterwards.

• OLLI-SOLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion 10 priority levels are too much, but only an "important" flag (like Wunderlist had it) is definitely not enough.

I suggest 4 levels:
        - low
        - medium
        - high
        - urgent

This way I can use low to high to set normal priority levels and have "urgent" for some very very urgent tasks.
        Reason: if I have 4 high level tasks then I can mark one with a more important priority.

By the way: Todoist also has 4 priority levels.
        So you also should have 4 priority levels for people who import their data from Todoist.

When people import tasks from Wunderlist then important tasks should have a high priority (high, not urgent).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am wary of the madness that comes from complexity in to-do apps. They become a thing unto themselves not something that helps. 10 levels of priority is scary.

Maybe a flag for high and low at most that facilitate automatic reordering. After that, dragging up and down should do the rest.

• FranciscoFrancisco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a very important feature. Today the app doesn't help me to prioritize among the task in My Day

• James KJames K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any type of priority would be a help and also the ability to sort the list by the priority and due date would be needed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

periority level for any task is very important and nessesary to do my tasks based that level

• Sofia RSofia R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think 10 priority levels are too many. Three priority levels or the ABCDE method by Brian Tracy is a great idea.

• Jim TJim T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding a priority star to items (like in Wunderlist) is very important to this user. Adding more complex priority schemes are optional for me.

• jinky89jinky89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion, 3 levels of priority are sufficient

They would greatly help to focus on the important things to do

Would help add activities more accurately to my day list

And when you have a lot of activities in my day list, they would help you get an order by priority

• Mattcat888Mattcat888 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of priority tasks, but 10 levels may be too complex. I think a binary system of either 'Priority' or 'Non-Priority' would be simple enough to keep with the To Do design.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base