How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Priority Levels

You might have Most Important Task, or Important Task, or even a Bump List. Some Tasks are more important than others, So a Priority Level would be nice.

Level 1 to Level 10

Or Task Catagories: "Simple Quick Tasks", "Bump List",

2,626 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jes T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems to me that everybody uses priorities in different ways. Some use 1-n, some use high/medium/low, personally I prefer today/this week/this month (which is more scheduling than prioritization, but still..).
        Adding the ability to categorize or tag tasks would accommodate all the different ways.

• OLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really wonder how long this feature will take (if it is "Under Review" and not "Planned" or "Started").

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please sure to make this so Priority and/or Importance fields will be consistent with Outlook and Microsoft Project + Sharepoint so we can have the same data across enterprise regardless of platform accessing or displaying or modifying the data.

• Chamo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the sync with Outlook tasks to be useful, we need the priority levels set in Outlook to map to priority levels in To-Do. This is keeping us from implementing To-Do across our enterprise.

• Pablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not to set a parameter to allow the user to decide how many levels of priotitization to use?. Some people here uses three, others four, I personally use six and the original request said ten. Let people drive on this.

• Edwina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this comment intersects both priority and the ability to schedule tasks. I've worked with the Priority Management system for a long time and it would be great to enter a task today and set a date on it, so on that date it will pop up on my Today list. Its not a due date which is when you want to finish the task. For example I am working on or entering a task today which is due to be finished in two weeks but the next action is next week (say I want to do that next action next Tuesday), So in this case, I would set the due date as two weeks away, but set a next action date to next Tuesday. Then I can forget it, until next Tuesday when it will pop up on my Today list. Make sense? Comments?

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you can always priorotize by dragging items up oder down in the to-do-list.

• Robin Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very usefull feature, everyone uses priorities.

i.e

High - something not desired will happen if i don t do it now
        Medium - important
        Low - nice to do

• axel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its absolutely strange for me, that such a basic feature like priorities ist not supported

• Mike Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to create and assign a weight\priority value for tasks. They can then sort their task by importance and impact and align their task efforts to their priorities.

• Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if the APP can automatically sync priority/category with Outlook PC

• Thomas Choy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Besides levels GTD methodology (aka ABC method) would be great. For example, A tasks are important and must be done right away. The B tasks are only when A are done. The C when there is free time to kill. Within each group there can be levels - A1, A2, A3, B1,B2...etc.

• Geert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people work with priorities, but often in a different way. So just make enough levels and let the users choose number and names in the settings. Then you can go for a star; A, B, C, D; 0 to 10 or whatsoever.

• Geert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also '0' or 'None' for 'Not assigned'? I often assign priorities afterwards.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base