How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Priority Levels

You might have Most Important Task, or Important Task, or even a Bump List. Some Tasks are more important than others, So a Priority Level would be nice.

Level 1 to Level 10

Or Task Catagories: "Simple Quick Tasks", "Bump List",

4,829 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

284 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We appreciate the star for importance but a four priority levels would make the tool more functional or what is used in Outlook Tasks:

Critical, High, Medium, and Low

Thank you!

• OLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fear that Microsoft is not reading these comments because the suggestion is completed.
        Like at the sub-tasks we need to create a new issue and vote there (and this can take years until it will be implemented).

I just hope that only s few people are using the stars so Microsoft thinks about implementing priority levels.

But on the other hand: the developers of Wunderlist decided to keep it simple and they just added a star (and no priorities).
        And they are also developing Microsoft To-Do, so I guess we will never have the chance for priorities.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add "Starred" in sidebar to list all starred tasks across all lists.

Otherwise, what is the use of adding stars in the first place?

but the short list are still missing, no click on Important and all star-points in the lists are on an overview

• MajorPlop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Please Please can you add the option of hiding these priority ‘stars’ - I use this app to overcome my ‘obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)’ as lists help me a great deal, but I get very anxious when there is too much ‘on screen’ - so please can you add the option of hiding this feature, thank you so much & God Bless :0) xxx

• Fred Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook already has too few priority levels. It should go back to the levels that were available in Schedule +.

• Fred Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Knock, Knock. Hello, is anybody home? I have a new suggestion: Add priority levels to Microsoft to-do and, this time do it like you mean it.

• Red_Mat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The truth is, teams of Microsoft do what they actually want.

Insider programs/uservoice are just formalities or tricks to keep users motivated with HOPE.

• OLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Qwertworks
        If we open up an other ticket, this will be open for at least 15 months.
        And Microsoft is only willing to implement, wen it has some thousands votes.

Come on, why not use the priority that also Outlook uses? This tasks are the same as Outlook! Please share a common set of feature between the two softwares

• Qwertworks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People complaining here that the task is not done yet: simply open up, another ticket or vote for an existing one :)

• Pedro Montes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was halfway, I would not mark as completed this request. It is one thing to mark something as important and another is to give it a priority from 1 to n. With my team we normally define tasks and I assign them priorities, but now I have to do manually adding the number before the task to sort.

Hey everyone, if you want multiple priorities, try adding #P1, #P2, #P3, etc to your task descriptions. Easy to see. Easy to search.

Two priority levels is not what I would have expected. I have multiple levels of priority for my tasks. Instead of stars or indicators, how about a field that can be an integer number and then sort options on that.

• A B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone needs multiple(!) levelS (low, medium, high), not just one single star !

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope in the future updates the star features will be improved into low, medium, high level in form of color-coded labels perhaps

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base