How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Priority Levels

You might have Most Important Task, or Important Task, or even a Bump List. Some Tasks are more important than others, So a Priority Level would be nice.

Level 1 to Level 10

Or Task Catagories: "Simple Quick Tasks", "Bump List",

1,548 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JoshJosh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James KJames K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any type of priority would be a help and also the ability to sort the list by the priority and due date would be needed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

periority level for any task is very important and nessesary to do my tasks based that level

• Sofia RSofia R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think 10 priority levels are too many. Three priority levels or the ABCDE method by Brian Tracy is a great idea.

• Jim TJim T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding a priority star to items (like in Wunderlist) is very important to this user. Adding more complex priority schemes are optional for me.

• jinky89jinky89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion, 3 levels of priority are sufficient

They would greatly help to focus on the important things to do

Would help add activities more accurately to my day list

And when you have a lot of activities in my day list, they would help you get an order by priority

• Mattcat888Mattcat888 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of priority tasks, but 10 levels may be too complex. I think a binary system of either 'Priority' or 'Non-Priority' would be simple enough to keep with the To Do design.

• AXAX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One way to break down the priorities is Eisenhower's Urgency + Importance matrix ...

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A priority list of say 1 - 10 would be useful as I typically have more than 5 tasks to achive in a day. As the priority changes during the day (or for future days) it would be good that if the item that was priority 4 was changed to priority 1 then the items that were priority 1, 2 and 3 would then automatically become 2, 3 & 4 respectively. This range of priority should be duplicated in Outlook

• Mattcat888Mattcat888 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to other requests, I think some tasks need to be prioritized over others.
        To keep it simple, it would be best to have two levels (non-priority, and priority).

Priority tasks would stick to the top as in Wunderlist, and have the ability to notify/remind me through any number of communications (that I select).

E.g. If it's something I really need to do before a deadline, I want to know by
        - iOS notification
        - Outlook calendar
        - Cortana Reminder/Win 10 notification
        - or even Email!

• Martin CurwoodMartin Curwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about using tags for priority? So you have Urgent, Important, Non Urgent and Non Important tags and select the ones that suit in line with the Eisenhower priority matrix, which gives you four levels of priority - Urgent + Important; Non Urgent + Important; Urgent + Non Important; Non Urgent + Non Important?

• GeertGeert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make a sort on importance: a combination of - at least - time left and priority so that I don't have to switch all the time between sorted on priority and sorted on planned or deadline.

• JandroJandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tasks have priorities... It's not the same "take the medicine" that "get tickets for the movie"

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This information would be useful, because a task with a higher priority should be more in focus. The priority should be "low", "medium" and "high".

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base