How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Priority Levels

You might have Most Important Task, or Important Task, or even a Bump List. Some Tasks are more important than others, So a Priority Level would be nice.

Level 1 to Level 10

Or Task Catagories: "Simple Quick Tasks", "Bump List",

4,334 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

198 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hitcola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we really need this feature, I have too many tasks and I need to set a high priority for the the most important ones.

• Martina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a college student, I find prioritizing my tasks and to-dos extremely useful. In your prior task manager 'wunderlist'. I enjoyed having such possibility. I would appreciate if this feature migrated/ came to your new task manager Microsoft To-Do.

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think customizable task labels or categories might do it. Personally I really value systems that use today, tomorrow, this week, next week, someday. But I can also see that colored labels, whether matching Outlook or or custom, would be important in orgs for setting priorities beyond personal: my boss, my team, our critical project, etc.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree and think priorities are simply going to add unnecessary clutter to the interface. If you'd like to integrate something along these lines, add tags to the individual to-dos instead. This would be an incredibly more effective addition and would allow those that desire prioritization the ability to customize for their own purposes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matching the priority levels in Outlook would be great, but at the very least give me a star or something to highlight certain items, like is in Wunderlist (I'm switching over from).

• John Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like the ability to assign a priority to each task and subtask, and be able to sort the To-Do list by priority

• Giuliana Villani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to be able to assign a priority level to my tasks and, altogether, assign a color (based on a color code previously defined) so that I can visually identify the most urgent tasks among the others.
        As I imagine it, there would be no small colored bullet but a full colored activity background so that the visual impact is very strong and clear at first sight.

I just hashtag my priorities #P1 #P2 etc... I can quickly search on a hashtag to see my priority ones (#P1)

Very important for me, maybe not level 1 ~ 10 so detailed but at least the "Star" task

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. At the moment, I am forced to adjust priority either by due date (which is not an accurate use of this function) or by creating a separate To do list for priority items.

• Lindsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I would love this. Even on a per list level and not necessarily a per item level would be nice, and for it to affect the my day suggestions (higher priority items suggested first, low priority items suggested less or never)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base