How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Sync with tasks in OneNote

Please allow 2 way sync with OneNote ToDo tag.

4,871 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Yinka Adeyeye shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

221 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wenn man Aufgaben über OneNote Mit der Outlook markierung versieht, diese aber dann in einen Unterordner versschiebt werden die aufgaben nicht mehr sychronisiert miteinander.

Wenn man dann was in ToDo abhakt, bleibt es im oneNote offen

• Mrigank Sinha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don’t keep this on backlog. One note plus to do will be an ultimate student a scheduler.

• Dima Diall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one has been in the backlog for well over a year... Any update on when / how you plan to deliver?

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A dedicated ToDo Page in a users primary notebook that is synced across OneNote, Outlook, and ToDo would be perfect.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ToDo's usefulness is pretty limited unless it can collect actions across the suite of Microsoft products. I'd also like to see it pull @mentions from comments within Word.

• Tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good to sync both ways - ToDo notes could be added to OneNote and OneNote notes could be added to ToDo. Actually the programs would be easier if they were merged into one to be more seamless.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This productivity feature is a must for anyone using OneNote to run meetings. Having to duplicate work is a time killer and costs business lots of money each year. Increased Productivity = Businesses Save $ = More Accounts for Microsoft. This would also help Microsoft better compete with Google’s Suite of Apps which I’m sure is gaining market share.

This is a key feature. Most of my tasks come from meetings and I would like to capture them as the meeting is occurring when using the OneNote app (which is not possible now). I know I can use OneNote 2016 to create outlook task, but when I'm not on my company's laptop it does not work for me.

I agree with this request. It would be much more powerful to create a to do in one note and have it instantly captured and synced. Not have to flip across to another application. Especially in a meeting, it would save a lot of time.

• Sylvester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include a way to create To-Do's from Microsoft OneNote! Maybe with an @mention or similar to tag someone in OneNote so that task is popping-up in his/her To-Do list!

• James Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to see all my todo's in OneNote in one spot and then add the one's I wish to do today to "MyDay" alongside the todos from Planner etc.

• KrisJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that this is on the backlog echoes what is happening to the various versions of the OneNote clients (iOS, UWP, macOS, ...). Uservoice requests with 1000's of votes remain unattended.

Users get the message OneNote 2016 is on the way out and yet the replacement clients do not have feature parity for todo tag functionality, let alone printing and To-Do is not integrated with any of these newer clients either.

The efforts being put into some of these apps are nice but without full convergence across platforms and between all these apps, users are forced to jump through all sorts of hoops and the UX is not seamless at all. It's a pity really as it detracts somewhat from the efforts so far.

• Daniel H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that there are thousands of requests for this, yet it's on the backlog speaks volumes. Since OneNote 2016 is no longer being developed, the OneNote 2016 and Outlook task integration isn't a long-term solution. I just want something to replace Evernote and their baked-in Reminders functionality. OneNote (the new version) and To-Do seem to be the obvious solution, but it doesn't appear to be a priority.

• DrDrTed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of us use OneNote in preference to Wunderlist for making ToDo lists.
    I hope you will support One Note - it is part of the established Microsoft platform.

• Duncan Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this...now! This will solve the issue in the latest OneNote app / Web app where we can no longer add outlook tasks to OneNote.

• Joel Fannin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised Microsoft hasn't integrated OneNote with To Do yet. Hopefully, this is in the plans. Would make what I'm doing a lot easier.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base