How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Attach files

Attach word doc I am working on so I can open directly from todo entry and continue.

5,012 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ian Tulloch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

258 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the function of attaching files from Wunderlist. when can this be added to todo?

• ThierryJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would also be useful to be able to link to folders in OneDrive to use them as containers for files related to each task. Years that TheBrain has container style links to add files inside them.

• RayVra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marcel,

I haven’t seen much activity on this topic. Personally, I have found a simple workaround to add files to a task. I use Dropbox for all of my files. Within Dropbox, you can “Share a link” to a given file. I share the link with Bitly and it automatically creates a “short Bitly link” that I can immediately paste into the Notes section of a given task. While it would be nice to initiate this process from within MTD itself, it is certainly easy to do just starting with the file in Dropbox. Those who really need to have access to a file/files within a MTD task may want to try this option.../Ray

• Adrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, attach email, contact... just any kind of file for any task or subtask

• Indrajit Chavan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If possible release ASAP or there must be a day in your way which can show you darker days than you thought!

At least we should be able to link from OneDrive / SharePoint easily, and maybe upload files that would be put in our OneDrive.

I've purchased the commercial edition of Wunderlist and it really helped my workflow (both personal and business). Attaching documents and being able to share lists with family members (and staff) makes it easy to pay bills, or to act on certain documents without having to access a DMS/NAS/eMail or whatever option. Sometimes we linked to a file (OneDrive/Amazon/Google Drive or whatever), but for a fast processing most of the time a copy of the file was attached.

Wunderlist development stagnated since Microsoft purchased the online software tool. So, my hopes were that Microsoft would (re)brand the Tool, add some extra's and provide it in either an Office 365 add-on, Stand-alone payed service and free service (possibly with limited functionality and/or Ads).

However, Microsoft, just like a lot of large companies is slowly killing the concept. I don't know what it is in Tech industry, but either it being Apple, Microsoft or Google ... Companies are purchased, good working tech is acquired only to be abandoned or "just to let to die" in a marginal implementation ...

We're 17 months past the initial comment. And still no sign of new functionality. Wunderlist is becoming more and more unstable, since it's not actively developed, so I encounter various problems with latest iterations on iOS/Android/Linux/macOS and Windows ... Yes, we use all in our setting: wife loves iOS and macOS, i prefer both Windows and Linux, etc, etc.

I fear that the only way to wake up Microsoft will be some social media postings to remind the community how Microsoft slowly killed Wunderlist and after nearly 2 years can't add simple functionalities such as "adding files" to the To-Do app.

Really, I have this deja-vu ... Just to name a painful one ... Nokia and Windows Mobile?

I don't want to start a rant or flame war, my only intention is for Microsoft team to wake up and provide us with some news. I know that (mainly) US companies have lost any connection to reality when it comes to money ... But I think that I've sponsored you pretty nicely. Forget the corporate side, 'cause that's always a big amount. But even from a personal perspective: Full Office Licenses for every computer (full Licenses, not O365), full Microsoft Projects, Visio, numerous Windows 10 licenses purchased for Apple Machines and yes, I also have purchased your outlook service (private use) and various Office 365 accounts for family members ... And you also have received my (indirect) support via Wunderlist.

I can't imagine that I'm alone on this page and I also can't imagine why it's taking so long, other than Marketing/Sales, including (Senior) Management having a "vision" that's totally out-of-sync with reality, causing delays and harm to the original Wunderlist concept.

As for me: if it's going to take much longer I'm really considering alternatives ... Maybe it's time to develop an alternative that respects the (old) Wunderlist concept. Cause really ... Waiting for Microsoft is like hoping for a miracle to happen ...

In my professional (and personal) life I don't like either hoping for Miracles nor do I like to be left in the dark ... Business is business, for me December 2018 is the deadline. No update? Then I'll be looking into alternatives and perhaps reconsider my entire Microsoft line-up. Why?

I need continuity. It is good that there are developments. But what applies to Google and Apple, also applies to Microsoft: automation is not just fun, nor is it a domain of short-term solutions; successful automation is long-term support without too many adjustments.

Microsoft, you have a wonderful opportunity to pick up the success of Wunderlist ... But at the moment you do more harm than good.

• Artem Makaryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Marcel,
        can we have some information when it might happen? To-do list without attachments or even pictures something very strange in 2018th. Every built-in to-do software has this functions for example

Please add this feature as soon as possible. It would incease the usability extremly!

• Arun Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along with file attach option there shall be an Office lens integration so that we can directly scan bills in todo and set a reminder for it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base