How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Attach files

Attach word doc I am working on so I can open directly from todo entry and continue.

5,768 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ian Tulloch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

341 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike Vannelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a bug on the Mac app where if you have notes attached to a task then upload a file, it will erase your notes.

• Antonis Vlachos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

haha it's crazy. This email came after almost 2 years that i left Wunderlist and tried To-Do.....

It's ridiculous that it took you 2 years to bring this on.

"Trello" says hello...

• Craig Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive and Sharepoint links when adding files is a must! I'm currently looking at a very long url in the notes section nowhere near as useful

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having attachments is great, however what i miss is that when i attach a JPG, it does not actually display it (i am still on the Nozbe platform, and before switching indefinate, there is a couple of things i am still looking for).

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When planned integration is added, you should be able to attach a file to a task and have that attachment go onto the actual card in planner - that way users can see it from both within To-Do and planner on those types of tasks

• Steven Bickle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need attachments to work on shared lists. A OneDrive link is too complicated for my usage. I will share my task list with people working with me and it would help to be able to include a drawing I have marked up on my computer. It is easy to install Microsoft To Do on someone's phone but it is much harder to get them to follow a OneDrive link and download a file and then find the file again once downloaded.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this to work, I have hundreds of Wunderlist tasks that have files attached to them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great that you added this as a long,long, long requested feature however it's NOT finished. You can't drag and drop files to attach them to a task (like Wunderlist), a feature I use all the time... but also (and perhaps more significantly) attached files are not imported by the Wunderlist import wizard! Perhaps you should stop adding new features and focus on the import wizard and move over us, your their large installed base of wunderlist users. That way they would get more representative feedback from a larger user base of active wunderlist users.

• Roar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can paste OneDrive or Dropbox links into the Note field and share any kind of files in tasks that way. That also works in shared list :)

But please add an easy way to insert OneDrive links directly within To-Do app.

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great If I could share an image or pdf though Android's share menu and create a new activity.

• Mau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option of attach all kind of files is a must have feature. I need a possibility to attach a link to a file in my computer to be open by any software in my computer, the lacking of this feature is a deal breaker.

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The file attachments are limited to around 10 pics per task. Need unlimited file attachments. Thanks

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base