How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Attach files

Attach word doc I am working on so I can open directly from todo entry and continue.

2,729 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ian Tulloch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

Adding an option to attach / upload files to a to-do is something we have planned for future updates of the app.

74 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voting for this. Don't really care about files. It's photos I want to add. But could not find a good vote option for that.

• Jeff Carey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note....I use OneDrive as well but it lags far behind almost all others in the ability to work cross-platorm.

• Jeff Carey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a workaround. I use Box for cloud document storage but any cloud program that has document links will work. Just past the link to the document in the notes field and you have a hyperlinked reference to the document.

I will keep using Wunderlist until attachements, share lists and chat are implemented.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So if we migrate from Wunderlist all the attachments will be gone?

Not migrating from Wunderlist until this is implemented.

• Mike Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggest this also support shared OneDrive folders/files that are assigned to Groups (hence, the content is already shared, or is then shared, with the Group).

Adding attach files feature to notes in sub tasks, it would be easy for one to attach any website link or photo....

Jumbling subtask makes easy to move the priority one in subtasks to first line.

• Stephen McGaughey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good for adding a photographed list a to do item from an iPhone foto, or any other smartphone. E.g. my shopping list

• Bryan Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the best features of Wunderlist is the ability to upload a file, photo, etc into a task for easier collaboration. In Wunderlist I can assign the responsibility to a task, upload a working document, and make a comment on the same task. I will hold on to Wunderlist as long as I can until these features are added to the new ToDo.

• Andries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subtasks is is must in any todo app.
        You must can add files and pics to a spesific task

-sub tasks
        -email lists!!!!!
        -copy/paste!!!!!!!
        -copy/paste!!!!!!!it's not 1995, oh wait, I think they had that in 1995
        -add a file
        -add a file
        -add a file
        -how about sort the list the way I want, not with just the limited options provided
        -how about ability to rearrange the order of my items in a list

How about you just leave Wunderlist alone and get rid of To-Do? No way I'm gonna import my Wunderlist tasks into this application, I'm too afraid of losing my info!!!

I've been a paid subsciber for at least 2 years (user for 4-5 years) and this new app has nearly NONE of the important features that I use almost daily for my business. I'd happily pay double what I'm paying now, yes double.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base