How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Outlook Mail Integration

Having a quick way to convert emails in Outlook to tasks that show up in Microsoft To-Do.

7,377 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

379 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sync with outlook to do's and calendar meetings and action items from any other MS Office applications such as Onenote, Publisher, Word, excel etc.

• AB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration to outlook calendar is the key, as appointments and tasks are managed on both side and on both you have to plan and reserve your time. To much complicate do it in two different environment.
        Please speed up the integration.

• OLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sad thing is that in Gmail I can drag & drop an email to the tasks sidebar and create a task this way.
        Microsoft does it make really hard to love them...

• W Montezani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How are you working on it? the flags and remind me later on Outlook will integrate with "todo"? could you be kind enough to give us more details?

• George Marks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on MS....You screwed up a great APP because we had Outlook integration with Wunderlist. Why is it taking so long to get what already existed working.

• Rodger Moran, CPA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has now been over seven months since you have been "working" on it. Do care to give us a few details on your progress. Do you actually have a ToDo list showing the major steps necessary to finish "working on it"?

• TC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful since I am using Outlook App for IOS

• Tom Pearce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a workaround for Office 365 users with MS Flow included in your package. The instructions below will setup a Flow trigger and action that will create a To-Do task by either receiving new email or by flagging an existing mail in your inbox.

1. Login to portal.office.com and select "Flow" then click "My Flow" in the toolbar at the top.
        2. Select "Create from blank" and then select "Search hundreds of connectors and triggers".
        3. Depending on your desired functionality search for either "When a new email arrives" or "When an email is flagged" and select one or the other as your desired trigger.
        4. Select the desired folder in Outlook that you would like to use to set the trigger, usually, this is your inbox.
        5. Select the "+ New step" box and click "Add an action"
        6. In the search box, search for "To-Do" and in the Actions tab select "Microsoft To-Do (Business) - Add a to-do"
        7. Create your desired options for the creation of each To-Do, I would recommend using the dynamic content for Subject, Start Date and Body Content.
        8. Click "Save" and return to your "My Flows" page to verify what you have created above is in place and turned on.
        9. Test your flow by flagging an email or sending a test mail to your inbox (depending on your earlier selection), your email will now appear as a To-Do item.

• Liam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this coming? This is the first of two key features that are being “worked on” for nearly a year that would mean i would actually use To Do. The whole point of office 365 is integration with other products. Without this To Do is no more useful than a glorified shopping list for me.

• WAR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Giving us this option to provide feedback has turned into a source of constant frustration for me when we never get any responses to our questions!

• Martin G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So... this has been sitting at the top of pile for how long?

I simply want the to flag an email, and have a link to the message in the task, so I can click it and react to it...

please, come on - can we get an update - pretty please????! :)

• Joachim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One year later, and still not finally developed… Most probably a feature which will never show up.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work harder ! ... We wouldn't have waited this long if Bill was still in charge!!

its a pretty basic request.

• Jennie Espy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration between the Microsoft To-Do and Outlook apps needs to be improved, specifically as they relate to lists created by the To-Do app user.

For example, when I set a due date in the To-Do app (or in the tasks of Microsoft Outlook), the due date ends up being off by one day when I check the task in the other app.

Secondly, there needs to be a way to view the steps (subtasks) in Outlook tasks (not just the To-Do app). This could be done one of two ways, if not both: 1) allow the capability of setting due dates on subtasks so they show up on one's Outlook calendar and/or 2) have the steps/subtasks show up in the body of an Outlook task.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base