How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Outlook Mail Integration

Having a quick way to convert emails in Outlook to tasks that show up in Microsoft To-Do.

9,337 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the last update of To-Do across platforms we have enabled the option to see flagged emails from Outlook as Tasks in Microsoft To-Do. Simply flag an email in Outlook to create a task from it in To-Do.

You can enable this feature in Microsoft To-Do from within the App Settings.

To get the latest version of To-Do please go to https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-to-do-list-app

636 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This works ok at present - drag email and drop it on the task icon at bottom left of outlook page. only problem is: can not assign task to todo project list from outlook

It seems that only emails flagged since the feature was introduced show up. Please make all flagged emails show up in Microsoft To-Do.

• Russ Harvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure it has been said, but this needs to work from all accounts within Outlook and not just the one MS account!

• Jamie Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not understand this. Why do we now have to use a different app/program to complete a flagged email when it used to do it right there in Outlook anyway. This actually increases our workflow rather than decreases it.

• Yamo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Syncing multiple email accounts on Outlook to ToDo is a must. Like other comments, the primary account is only my personal. I flag emails from multiple accounts and it isn’t helpful if only a portion of those sync.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This currently only works with the primary email account which happens to be my personal email. That's not useful at all for me, I need this to sync with my work email. So the ability to choose which accounts we want to sync flagged emails would be great. And while marking an email as complete _does_ remove the flag in Outlook - Mail, it would be much better if it actually set a little green check for Completed status like we've had for years in the old Outlook.

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also reminders don't Sync with Outlook either. Needs more testing and improvement.

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still cannot use like I need to. The Star (Importance) does not sync with Outlook for flagged email. It works with tasks, but not with flagged emails, need to fix.

• Nazkali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like if "Open in Outlook" button opens the mail in Outlook app instead of browser.

• Michal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New update is great but there are still few things missing:
    - subtask management in Outlook
    - view assigned to-do tasks (from planner) in task view in outlook
    - if above is not possible maybe an to-do add-in for outlook is a good option

• ejmdc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for that feature! Although not all flagged emails i would want to flag to task. So is it possible to selected those that i want to flag to task a d those that i just flag in email.

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also would appreciate it if it would populate "My Day" on the appropriate day as well, not just in "flagged email." and provide a link back to the email to remind me what about that email I had to do (Subject line not generally enough) instead of then having to navigate back to outlook and find the flagged email.

Works great when items are flagged on the desktop but not working when flagged on an iphone. Hope this can be fixed - its a fabulous enhancement

This feature is much appreciated - it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to sync with an Outlook/Office 365 account and To Do for iOS. Simple interface setting, would appreciate it if it would populate "My Day" on the appropriate day as well, not just in "flagged email." Great work!

• L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some flagged emails are appearing in To-Do, not all. However the app is renaming them. i.e. I flag email, then I rename it in the To-Do Bar in the Desktop Outlook, the To-Do App has the original subject line, and now it has changed the name in Desktop Outlook.

• Harri Mäkinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The flagged email doesn't appear in To-Do on my Android phone. The app is the newest version available.

So this is not a full solution yet, at least not a cross-platform one.

Do not see the referenced option in MS To Do "settings" and have verified that I have the latest version. Is it not yet activated or elsewhere?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Feedback and Knowledge Base