How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Outlook Mail Integration

Having a quick way to convert emails in Outlook to tasks that show up in Microsoft To-Do.

9,010 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

581 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JdP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for adding it. One point: when clicking on the mail it opens the outlook mail on the web. Is it also possible to use the mail software installed on your pc?

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't I look like a fool now just yesterday asking why this doesn't get implemented. Flagged E-Mail support is great, thanks!

• Kris Zhou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally seeing Flagged Email feature in To-Do, but it's so unreliable which makes the entire To-Do un-usable. My flagged emails sometimes show up and sometimes don't. It's screwed up.

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long are you planning to roll it out? 3 months are over since announcement and I still don't see anything in my Outlook.com. These roll-outs are incredibly slow... Any timelines here?

And as another feedback, I would much more prefer to be able to I flag an E-Mail (e.g. in Windows 10 Mail app) and see it as Task in To-Do. The planned functionality only in the web portal is pretty limited and I think not what was initially expected or requested from the users...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to just complain, I just want to give you some feedback...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook.com? Not Outlook desktop app? Real business users use the desktop app. If this is an Office 365 product it needs to integrate with the existing tools, desktop Outlook flagged emails and Tasks created in desktop Outlook. (Microsoft's strategy if throwing the existing customers under the bus to support some 'new' standard is not good). I can tell you, all of our new employees grew up using Gmail. They all start with online Outlook, but when I show them desktop Outlook, all of them switch. "oh, this is way better". Period.

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whant to emphasize the need to link mails to tasks.
        Beting able to essy link and find mails and conversations related to a specific task / sub task ( not only category ) would make my life a little bit easier :)

Can we have a tasks panel adjacent to specific emails in outlook, so if we have a team email that receives emails, we can keep track of who is responding to which email and what are the next steps.

Thanks!
        Irina

Double entry required. Why not just make it an addin or connector. Until then, I cannot use it. Do not have time for extra work.

• Ken Holmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow users to Set an Email to a Task in Outlook as a button, with To Do referring back to the Outlook email. Simple workflow, header in email is the key link. Is it really that hard? Workflows of flags and folders only point to lost emails, but not task workflows.

• Andy Mac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the meantime - I'm attaching emails as .msg as a workaround - but Todo errors when trying to attach the email file to the tast..

Here's an idea for the ToDo/Wunderlist Dev Team, copy the code for email integration from Wunderlist, paste into To Do and TA DA, it's done. Beyond crazy that this wasn't the first item in the dev queue.

• Sujeet Kumbhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see all my to-do's in Outlook calendar as per the reminder and due dates set in To-Do app. This integration feature is available in Google Calendar, Keep Notes and Tasks apps.

Let us do it.

I ma not sure that this has been suggest but i would like to see a button added in outlook that adds a todo task for emails to teams into planner. Similar to Trello. The integration between between todo and planner should be seamless. Creating a flow does not always seem to work well.

• Darren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would really be nice if you could link emails to tasks. That way you could have all your email for a specific task linked instead of going back and forth to find something related to that task.

• Ken Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Calendar doesn't connect to my ISP to collect my Emails. All I get is Nothing Found.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base