How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Outlook Mail Integration

Having a quick way to convert emails in Outlook to tasks that show up in Microsoft To-Do.

7,862 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

441 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed you can do that with Microsoft Flow, but that will be one way only, so if you mark the email or the task complete, it will be only on one side.

If you still want to create the flow, create a flow from blank, choose trigger in Office 365 Outlook - When an email is flagged. Then add action to convert HTML to text, to convert the body of the email in text only. Then add the action Add a to-do, subject - subject, body - the plain text, you can use the date of the received email and also add hours or day to it if needed (for scheduling and reminder).

I am using TaskTask application for more than 4 years & this is a basic feature on it, I cannot understand how can a personal task management system can be useful without this feature. for me; an average or 30-40 percent of my tasks are based on a received emails.
        I think MS Todo is a promising tool but this feature is vital for its success.

Comment intégrer todolist dans outlook ? je n'arrive pas a rajouter le complement

Comment peut on voir apparaitre les taches du jour ou de la semaine comme dans wunderlist ?

• François Dépault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A ToDo clone of the « me@wunderlist.com » fonction is a must for me too! I’m waiting for it before telling all my office colleagues to rush downloading ToDo... Please let us know when you think it will be integrated.

• Ryan Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is 3-5th time I’ve downloaded the ToDo app to see if flagged emails included. Again not done, again deleting the app.

Get your act together and get this basic functionality added.

• Rafael Vargas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aparte de integración con correo de Outlook, me gustaría que Considero muy importante la integración con correo de Outlook, y con contactos de Outlook.
        Me gustaría que hubiera hubiera la posibilidad de anotar llamadas de teléfono, u otras formas de contacto, asociadas a cada subtarea (no solo a las tareas), y que las subtareas también pudieran tener vencimientos y alarmas.
        Me gustaría utilizar esta aplicación para mi trabajo, ya que hago numerosas llamadas ¿Tienen alguna opción un poco más evolucionada, aunque haya que pagar algo?

• Alcides Salazar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sería de gran ayuda poder crear la lista de tareas en To-Do desde el buzón de correo. Asimismo, si fuera posible también emplear algunos colores para diferenciar las tareas aún no realizadas de las tareas en proceso.

I am in Outlook and I don't want to have to another app to see my To-Do's. lack of availability/sync on Outlook will cause me not to use app. I did love Wunderlist but wanted in my Outlook world. You can do it and we need it. Thanks for listening.

• Andra Gregory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So glad you're working on it, but has this really been the status since Nov. 2017? Any ETA on rollout or a roadmap that can be shared?

• Roderick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to use this feature. It saves energy and time therefor makes life better because I can spend more time on the family!

A link to the email would be handy. The content of the email in the ToDo task is also ok for me. Satya Nadella will be pleased to as he seems to use To Do (Inspire Ready 2018 corenote)

How far are you guys building this feature? Go for it!

Emails attached in task - to me able to open from mobile device from the to-do app (click on email attached to a task in outlook opens the email from todo app in Mobile device)

• Larsen Günther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a link to the original email! Just converting is not enough.
        The link also must follow the email if moved.
        Scenario: Read email, create a task out of it in To-Do, move it to a folder.
        When I work on the task, I need the original email for information or to reply to it. But I want to move it out of the inbox.
        --> Getting things done & Zero inbox principle

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base