How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Outlook Mail Integration

Having a quick way to convert emails in Outlook to tasks that show up in Microsoft To-Do.

8,280 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  AdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft To-Do) responded  · 

Thank you everybody for voting for a better Outlook integration for To-Do. Our team is currently working on an option to turn flagged emails into tasks, and on quicker ways to create tasks from emails and calendar events directly from Outlook.com.

Want to help shape the future of Microsoft To-Do? We’re looking for a diverse range of users from all around the globe to test new feature ideas. We build our apps for everyone and are especially interested in underrepresented perspectives and needs.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR9YLALfKQodBmh3s6vtQZ7JUQ0RRWU4yVDlaVUhRT1lZOEVFODg3MVJBVC4u

490 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EricV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To Do is starting to be a very nice app, thanks!

It would be nice to have the steps defined in To Do displayed in Office 365 Outlook.
        And to have To Do recognizing text formatting from Office 365 Outlook, such as bold, lists, text boxes and so on.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ehhm :
        - also for OUTLOOK on PC, please. Most people use this app, not the online service
        - Expected release timing ? (=WHEN)

I hope plans include not only outlook.com, but also Office 365.

This is one of the biggest holding me back from using To-do as my primary task manager

Definitely enable creating To Do items in the Outlook app on Windows and iOS. Also, please provide Microsoft To-Do on macOS!

I agree with the previous comments about not having to go to a web app to use this. If Wunderlist can have a button to create, categorize and set a date for a task, MD TD should be able to from inside outlook.

• Thorsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I supported the idea, but now feel misunderstood: Outlook is not Outlook.com!!! What I wanted is to integrated To-Do with Outlook (Desktop)... currently I have to use ne native Apple App for reminders or TaskTask

It would be definitely great if we could see also imporant task events in Outlook Calendar. Would this be possible to implement?

• Unknown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have tasks generated from flagged emails. Also, I think the ability to place an email-generated task into a specific list via right-click context menu would be very useful; that would make it easier to rank tasks by importance based on the list you choose to put it in.

Yes! The integration would be so AWSOME and easy to see a To Do list in Outlook. Also, it would eliminate the need to have too many applications open at the same time. Please let us know when this integration would be possible. Many thanks!!!

• Also Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A flag should show in To-Do. I should be able to set "default frequencies" for reminders and notifications for flags that I don't set a reminder for. Snoozing an email will also be nice to add into this feature-set.

when I mark any email as flagged it should get added in tasklist which i have configured, even better is talk list are mapped with category. So if I select category A and mark it a.s flagged it will go to task list which is mapped with category A.

Its two way sync, so when I mark this as done in to-do, it get updated in email with flagged status equals to done

Have flagged emails show up in the task list, from Outlook App and Outlook desktop.

• 桃子 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

希望目录可以支持排序,比如我最新创建的日期希望它能 排在最上面,已经过去的时间后面。

It would be working, but only in case: 1) ToDo will abandon folders for categories 2) Outlook Tasks would have search folder like function.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base