How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Outlook Mail Integration

Having a quick way to convert emails in Outlook to tasks that show up in Microsoft To-Do.

9,551 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the last update of To-Do across platforms we have enabled the option to see flagged emails from Outlook as Tasks in Microsoft To-Do. Simply flag an email in Outlook to create a task from it in To-Do.

You can enable this feature in Microsoft To-Do from within the App Settings.

To get the latest version of To-Do please go to https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-to-do-list-app

673 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great that when you clicked on the "Open In Outlook" button it would open the email in Outlook on my desktop not the web browser version.

• tpro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I enjoy the wunderlist add-in that lets me quickly place the email (with it's subject and body) into a certain list I can choose via a drop down menu and set a reminder... would be great if to-do added something similar. The flag is nice, but then I have to go back into to do and organize and set the reminder. Feed won't let me post a screenclip of what the wunderlist add in looks like.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good feature but why does the link only open OWA mail instead of my Outlook desktop client on Windows 10?

• Leo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should also be possible for emails converted into tasks in Shared Mailboxes. right now you have to copy the mail from shared mailbox into personal inbox and convert into tasks there which is not quite user friendly!

• Pradeep Dasarathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue like the previous post. When I flag an email on Outlook on Mac or Samsung Email on S10+, the to-do do not show up. If I toggle the settings in to-do app on Android, they show up. But once again if I flag an email it doesn't pop up in to-do app

• Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mails flagged within the iOS native app are not visible in the iOS To-Do app, but the mails are flagged on outlook web.

Please fix!

• Jarrett Kaufman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately needs to be synced with the categories in Outlook. I already have categories in both, but now I have to manually move the items from Flagged to the appropriate tag in To-Do as well, doubling my work.

• Chris K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flagged email is ok. However I'm using one of my lists as a "catch-all" for any tasks that come to mind. I would love to create a rule in ToDo to automatically move any tasks in Flagged Email to my catch-all list to prevent me from having to do so manually.

• Oleg K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flagged emails support is nice, but i don't want to keep an email around. So creating a task from email still is needed.

• OLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Outlook.com I see the To-Do sidebar but here the most important view is missing: My Day.
    I am using my phone to plan My Day and it would be very helpful to see this list besides my mails.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is time for people to embrace online app and not be so dependent on the desktop app. It is good that it opens in outlook.com, this is the way of the future, then no apps are needed

• Russ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In To-Do when you click on Open In Outlook it opens Outlook.com in a browser rather than in Outlook. This is ridiculous.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

Feedback and Knowledge Base