How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Integrate with Outlook Mail, Calendar and People

Outlook Mail
Flagged items appear as Tasks
Integrate or replicate functionality of Outlook Tasks where you can assign start date, due date, status, priority.. etc

Calendar
Items or meetings on my calendar should showup in a list, this helps in planning the day

People
Items like Call <someone on Contact list> or Follow up with <someone on contact list> would be nice if they are connected and you can just click on the persons name name and get details (email, phone, calendar, status..etc )

Cortana Reminders
Any reminders added in cortana should show up in To-Do

3,762 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  MarcelAdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

Supporting Flagged Items from Outlook in order to show them as to-dos in our app is something we have definitely planned.
    In addition we plan to support other Microsoft products, like Calendar and Cortana as well.

72 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sandra KoppSandra Kopp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without flagged emails only half of my to-dos apperaing in To-Do. This is the number one feature on my wish list for To-Do!

• Ben HabeckBen Habeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for flagged items to show up in todo. This is a must have for me as my assistant flags items for me. Then, I just work out of the task list as opposed to task lists and email.

• PatraisPatrais commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice if you could check off tasks both from this app and from MS calendar week or day view without additional clicking. (my LG phone calendar has this function and it's pretty useful to me)

• WevenhuisWevenhuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like microsoft to do inegrated with the windows store outlook calendar app. Currently ToDo operates as a standalone app and lacks many of the rich functionalities the operating system offers and that many microsoft apps support and enjoy. I think integration of tasks to the calendar app and its notification functionality is one of those musts to enjoy and experience a better workflow with the full productity and convenience the app has to offer with windows 10 and that can easily be tied with syncing on other windows devices on the same account.

Any news on the current state of planning of this feature? (august 2017)

• VictorVictor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Starting with something as simple as showing the list of to-dos in the calendar and/or showing the appointments and meeting from the calendar in the "My day" view would be extremely helpful. All of the rest ideas for integration sound great, I'm just saying if a simple synchronization is available in the next upgrade without having to wait for the full integration would be a great start.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make sure this also works with Outlook.com as well as Outlook Web Access for Office 365.

• Andy JonakAndy Jonak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more on this one. The ability to do Flagged items in To-Do or another Microsoft App is sorely missing. I am looking or exactly what I can do in Outlook (Task's and Flagged Items combined) and have for quite a while. No one has made a great app for that. i think that Microsoft has the ability to knock it out of the park with this if they get it right. it would be invaluable.

• Michael FarrarMichael Farrar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many have said it already, but it would be great if the tasks I add with a time and date could show up in Windows Calendar. If I could get full functionality between my phone and my computer, with my tasks showing up on calendars in both my computer and my phone (using the Outlook app on my phone as well), with Cortana integration, then I would switch over completely from using anything google tasks. They still don't have the ability for tasks to show up on their calendar, except for the "reminders" which are not practical for large lists of items. I hope you can do better.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Without Outlook flagged email integration, this app is pretty useless. Thanks!

• LuizioLuizio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we could use it as destiny of a windows 10 share action on an e-mail to create a actionable todo from it.

• iqbaliqbal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If could integrate Callander and one note will be better I thing so

• Harri MäkinenHarri Mäkinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if tasks from outlook.com (same as in To-Do app) could be shown in the Windows 10 calendar.

• ADEM ONDERADEM ONDER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am completely share this idea since Flagged Items from Outlook is so important point to remind any activity and plan our to-do.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you drag an email from Outlook to tasks and use the "Create task with shortcut" option, it would be great if the email is included in the task in To Do or provide a link back to the email in Outlook

• Lucas BarrosLucas Barros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, it would be tremendously nice if the app had the possibility of integration with other apps outside MS world as well, like Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, etc
        That would be a dream come true in terms of app integration

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base