How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Integrate with Outlook Mail, Calendar and People

Outlook Mail
Flagged items appear as Tasks
Integrate or replicate functionality of Outlook Tasks where you can assign start date, due date, status, priority.. etc

Calendar
Items or meetings on my calendar should showup in a list, this helps in planning the day

People
Items like Call <someone on Contact list> or Follow up with <someone on contact list> would be nice if they are connected and you can just click on the persons name name and get details (email, phone, calendar, status..etc )

Cortana Reminders
Any reminders added in cortana should show up in To-Do

2,176 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

VenkatVenkat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  MarcelAdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

Supporting Flagged Items from Outlook in order to show them as to-dos in our app is something we have definitely planned.
    In addition we plan to support other Microsoft products, like Calendar and Cortana as well.

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • C. Yusuf MumtazC. Yusuf Mumtaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful. For People oriented tasks, you could link it to your default apps (Phone, Outlook, etc.). Integration with Cortana is a no-brainer.

• RazzaRazza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add integration with OneNote too, could attach the to do list in One Note so we don't need multiple to dos in both One Note and To-Do

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an ability to schedule tasks in calendars. Really useful for keeping everything in one place.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it a tab in the Calendar, Mail and People app.
        Show tasks at their due date in calendar. Turn mail into a task. Delegate tasks to people.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be integrated with outlook and when reminder comes it should appear in Focus folder. We should be able to deleted and reschedule it.

• Eric RenkenEric Renken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need it to show stuff from my "To-Do List" in outlook. I flag emails and I would really like those to show up in this application.

To be able to sort after Importance / priorities can be very handy! And multi-level sorting!

• BoydstonBoydston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

REAL integration with Outlook iOS app so that tasks are tasks (not appointments) and they can be edited from within calendar app. At least a minimal amount of editing, like completing a task or changing the date.

Sync calendar with the calendar app on Apple products... Like Wunderlist does. I'm sure that won't happen.

• Chase SchwabChase Schwab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One feature that I was hoping to get in ToDoist - and hopefully will eventually see in ToDo - is the ability to have a calendar view of tasks. Whether this needs to be done in the Outlook calendar of the same account or in it's own ToDo view, I am not sure. I like making a To Do list - but I need something where a quick list of tasks and a calendar meet together. Thanks!!

• Gary EricsonGary Ericson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook Tasks has a ton of features and I understand it's impossible to implement them all in To-Do. But there are features in Outlook that I use daily that will keep me from using To-Do: Start Date, Priority, Status, Categories, multiple sorting options (including multi-level), filtered views, showing flagged email alongside task items, and integration with OneNote (linking, integration with OneNote To-Do tags). Also (less important to me): integration with other apps (e.g., TeamMate) and custom fields that can be used for filtering and sorting. I like the basic UX (Outlook is functional but not nice to use), but without features like these, To-Do is just another simple list-keeping app for people who have very few to-do items to track.

• Chris CochrunChris Cochrun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And I honestly have always thought that Outlook tasks is in dire need of being updated. At the very least, To-Do offers a great face-lift but with that even aside, To-Do could in some ways essentially replace Tasks in Outlook. Which would be very nice.

I want to be able to flag email as a to do/task from any Outlook app, assign a due date and view my to do's on my Outlook calendar across my devices. Currently I only have this functionality on my Outlook client. Eventually, after the basics are covered - some thinking about how and if this should integrate with Planner, Teams and Groups.

• Steve GajSteve Gaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new "My Family" calendar is not appearing. Would be good to include this. Also have a different icon for the calendars To Do. Group calendar to-do lists. Looks good so far though.

• KaimarKaimar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tasks should have also option to add due time, this gives an opportunity to display them on calendar, but also sort by due date/time reorders list according to day flow and no need to manually sort.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having "smart" entries in the to dos for sending email, etc. would be really great. Also consider allow the "call" option to use just a phone number (not a contact) and email just an email address. Should provide obvious actions (maybe with a pop-up menu) when clicking on the task.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base