How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Integrate with Outlook Mail, Calendar and People

Outlook Mail
Flagged items appear as Tasks
Integrate or replicate functionality of Outlook Tasks where you can assign start date, due date, status, priority.. etc

Calendar
Items or meetings on my calendar should showup in a list, this helps in planning the day

People
Items like Call <someone on Contact list> or Follow up with <someone on contact list> would be nice if they are connected and you can just click on the persons name name and get details (email, phone, calendar, status..etc )

Cortana Reminders
Any reminders added in cortana should show up in To-Do

2,965 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

VenkatVenkat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  MarcelAdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

Supporting Flagged Items from Outlook in order to show them as to-dos in our app is something we have definitely planned.
    In addition we plan to support other Microsoft products, like Calendar and Cortana as well.

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael FarrarMichael Farrar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many have said it already, but it would be great if the tasks I add with a time and date could show up in Windows Calendar. If I could get full functionality between my phone and my computer, with my tasks showing up on calendars in both my computer and my phone (using the Outlook app on my phone as well), with Cortana integration, then I would switch over completely from using anything google tasks. They still don't have the ability for tasks to show up on their calendar, except for the "reminders" which are not practical for large lists of items. I hope you can do better.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Without Outlook flagged email integration, this app is pretty useless. Thanks!

• LuizioLuizio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we could use it as destiny of a windows 10 share action on an e-mail to create a actionable todo from it.

• iqbaliqbal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If could integrate Callander and one note will be better I thing so

• Harri MäkinenHarri Mäkinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if tasks from outlook.com (same as in To-Do app) could be shown in the Windows 10 calendar.

• ADEM ONDERADEM ONDER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am completely share this idea since Flagged Items from Outlook is so important point to remind any activity and plan our to-do.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you drag an email from Outlook to tasks and use the "Create task with shortcut" option, it would be great if the email is included in the task in To Do or provide a link back to the email in Outlook

• Lucas BarrosLucas Barros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, it would be tremendously nice if the app had the possibility of integration with other apps outside MS world as well, like Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, etc
        That would be a dream come true in terms of app integration

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally this could be an option in the Outlook settings to replace the traditional outlook tasks. Coming to Microsoft from Apple where there's a host of calendar/task apps that follow the GTD method, Outlook tasks is like going back to caveman days. And the lack of native tasks in the Outlook iOS app is quite conspicuous. If To-Do were embedded in a native and intuitive way in Outlook (even as an extension at this point until Outlook Tasks can be overhauled) that would go a long way.

• Ted Santed TomlinTed Santed Tomlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see the task banner in Outlook changed to the to-do banner. I do not want both running at the same time.

• YahyaYahya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One thing: in my Outlook desktop I have my mailbox but also many other mailboxes of other users I supervise. I wish be able to hide their To Dos from my outlook reminders pop up !! I know this is outlook related but with the use of To Do, eventually this is also going to be more complicated.

• FelipeFelipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, just DON'T use deafult OUTLOOK TO-DO and TASK definition!!!! this will really REALLY destroy the main objetive of the app!

• RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Linking to-do items with a time/date would allow scheduled activities to be seen in one location, enable to-do items not completed to be rescheduled and highlight if a planned to-do items conflicts with appointments etc.

• C. Yusuf MumtazC. Yusuf Mumtaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful. For People oriented tasks, you could link it to your default apps (Phone, Outlook, etc.). Integration with Cortana is a no-brainer.

• RazzaRazza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add integration with OneNote too, could attach the to do list in One Note so we don't need multiple to dos in both One Note and To-Do

• KushinadaimeKushinadaime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating or saving the date and date of the reminder, ask if i want to synchronize with the Outlook.com calendar.

• Keith WrayKeith Wray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes....both Web version and APP (android etc) calendar should show todos with a due date....

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base