How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Outlook Mail Integration

Outlook Mail
Flagged items appear as Tasks
Integrate or replicate functionality of Outlook Tasks where you can assign start date, due date, status, priority.. etc

People
Items like Call <someone on Contact list> or Follow up with <someone on contact list> would be nice if they are connected and you can just click on the persons name name and get details (email, phone, calendar, status..etc )

4,376 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

Supporting Flagged Items from Outlook in order to show them as to-dos in our app is something we have definitely planned.
    In addition we plan to support other Microsoft products, like Calendar and Cortana as well.

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I simply want the commuter - version: my Outlook calendar WITH the Outlook-calendar-to-do-list synced with my phone and vice versa.

I honestly don't care if you realize this within Ms to do List or within Outlook for iOS or with 2 separate apps like it is now!

To sync it with calendar is nice - but senseless for office users. I honestly don't want and don't need 2 different apps and companies doing the same. If I use office I use office. Always. And I would appreciate to sync my stuff without wonderlist or exchange, cause I'm me and not a company....

Would like to see tasks in outlook calendar so that one would get an overview of the day like in wunderlist

eMail attachments need to synch with the to-do as well so they can be opened/viewed in MS To Do apps (e.g. iOS, Windows 10, etc)

• Adauto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Marcel, this integration with Outlook mail is like Wunderlist (Calendar apps), our to-do activities will appear in Outlook Calendar?

• WAR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last response 6 months ago . . . Can we get ANY updates on progress or what this will look like in the future?

Same here - please create the integration with flagged e-mail items in Outlook / 365 and the To-Do app. Now only Onenote and manual tasks are synced. Is a workaround available?

• Jordon Brill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it was "planned" in May. Can we please have this feature, especially since it is being rolled out much more widely now? We've gotta have one place for tasks. Many come from email. They need to integrate flagged items from Outlook sooner than later. Is this going to be in the next month or are we a year out still?

• Jeff Carey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Category is an essential integration here as well. Without the ability to filter by category my 400+ item to do list is unmanageable.

Flagged emails are very important to my task management, and the start date/due date follows right along. Usually, if I am flagging an email for follow up, it is because it is a do later, not a do right now or even next.

• WAR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will the linked email be shown in HTML? Will it be accessible from iOS devices? What does the timeline look like to implement this feature?

I'm a future Todo / Planner user intending to roll this out to my Company once this feature is implemented.

• Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a good start but needs to integrate fully with the 'To-Do List' in Outlook to be useful. More info, better filtering etc., for me category is a must. This is more like a proof of concept app, please keep developing, I need it to work.

• Sandra Kopp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without flagged emails only half of my to-dos apperaing in To-Do. This is the number one feature on my wish list for To-Do!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base