How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Send/forward emails to To-Do

Email address so users can email a message to To-Do.

2,438 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PHILIP Keith GANZ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reasons I don't use To-Do. me@wunderlist.com still works. It can see that it is from one of the accounts that I've registered. This should have been in the first release, but here we are still waiting for this. I use Spark on iOS and Mac, and Spark has a widget to add email to Wunderlist! Very useful

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. On iOS Outlook I have no way to forward/add tasks to To Do... I don’t like using the flag feature as I’ve utilised this as a rule.

• anonym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more!!! Main reason for me not to switch to microsoft to do (Prefer other email instead of outlook)

Two years plus waiting on a basic feature of literally every competing app out there. Not all of us can use Outlook for everything!

This is one of two reasons I don't use To-Do. me@wunderlist.com still works. It can see that it is from one of the accounts that I've registered. This should have been in the first release, but here we are still waiting for this.

And there's a use case: I use Outlook via (essentially) Exchange on-prem. Not outlook.com. Office Pro Plus. So everything you have done to integrate into Outlook gets me excited... and then deflated. Not to mention that my IT folks have locked down the Outlook store.

So, I use Outlook's powerful quickstep rules, along with me@wunderlist.com, and it allows me to populate Wunderlist's list. I would have switched to To-do long ago to help the development, but this is a huge limiting step.

This has been "under review" since May 2017. I've seen things "under review" that are now implemented, like file attachments and multiple accounts. Please front-burner this one.

Just switched over from wunderlist... to switch right back because this feature is missing.

• Michael Potter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There has to be this simple way to send email information to To-Do. This should be first on the list since Outlook and other email clients do not have it readily working as of 4/2019.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this should not be a hard decision - we need it!
    Wunderlist has/had it
    oneNote has it

get off the pot

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't this happened yet. I like MS To-Do but not being able to do this makes it less appealing. Also the ability to do multiple notes would be awesome.

Mimic 100% of the features of Wunderlist! Ability to email a task into To Do. Ability to nest lists / sub lists.

• Mirko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An important function. Wunderlist can do that. So it's possible to send Task to To-Do-List in a variety of situations.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is probably the one missing feature that will make me switch back to the Apple stuff

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature that is so valuable in Wunderlist

Under review since May 3 2017! when are we going to get this?

FYI, other to do apps that have this feature:
    Todoist
    Any.do
    Remember the Milk
    etc
    etc

Its a basic!!!

A must-have. Although I use outlook.com personally, at my office we use Gmail, and that is where I get me most tasks via email. We need to be able to forward emails directly into To-Do. Additionally, a browser extension would be cool.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base