How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Microsoft Flow Integration

Microsoft Flow currently supports Wunderlist and Todoist. Offering support for Microsoft To-Do would mean, that a lot of automations could work with this service as well (e.g. create a To-Do if I'm mentioned in a certain mail, etc.) This would enhance this service greatly

1,538 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft To-Do) responded  · 

We are happy to announce that you can now integrate Microsoft To-Do with Microsoft Flow.

To create a flow using Microsoft To-Do, log in to Microsoft Flow with the same Microsoft Account you use with Microsoft To-Do. Then just select the connector or service you’d like to send a to-do from.

You’ll then have the option to select the trigger you’d like to begin your flow, such as When a new email arrives. Now select + New step and then Add an action. From the available actions, select Microsoft To-Do – Add a to-do. You’ll also need to enter the Subject field in order to add a title for your to-do. Then select Save flow and you’re ready to go!

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pedro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to schedule a microsoft teams message with the summary of the tasks completed during that week? There doesn't seem to be a "completed" status field or a "completed date" field in microsoft flow, which is a shame. Nice to see progress with Flow integration though.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Bodo, as i already mentioned below, i contacted Microsoft about this error. There explanation is that the connector does not support MSA accounts (which to them is Microsoft Internet Account like live.com, outlook.com addresses. Again according to their support team, they will publish a new connector that will support MSA accounts. I also asked to better document it, but all they added was '(business)' in the connector page.

• Bodo Fluss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately I'm facing an error message with an authorization problem... The German error message is the following...
        "Überprüfen Sie Ihre Kontoinformationen und/oder Berechtigungen, und versuchen Sie es noch mal."

I'd bei really glad to use To-Do with Alexa but as long there's no Integration (e.g. via flow or IFTTT) I have to stick with Google tasks.

• Aaron Meyers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is quite unfortunate that "Microsoft Flow integration" is considered "COMPLETED" when only a minimum support for actions is implemented. I had a bunch of automation set up in Flow with Wunderlist but it was mostly based on *triggers*.

There needs to be a lot more done here:
        - Trigger when task is completed
        - Action to get the to-dos in a list (strangely there is one to get the lists but not the to-dos themselves)
        - Action to update an existing task
        - Action to delete a task

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also facing the permissions issue, what a pitty... Can't wait for it too work.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here (with outlook.com account): "Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again.". Signing out and removing the account did not work. Contacted MS Support, they have no clue, they will investigate, i also gave them link to this page.

• Chris Cochrun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, for anyone having troubles with permissions, follow the flow dialogues and make sure you sign in again. It should open another browser window asking what account you want to use for To Do.

• Chris Cochrun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just used it, amazing! Thank you! It can essentially really automate my task lists! Way to go guys!

Super excited for this feature. Unfortunately, I can't get the connector to work. I always get: "Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again.". The connection is shown to be ok, when I look in the Connections overview.

• Boris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Marcel,

thanks for the update!
        The integration sadly still doesn't work... I get the following error massage:
        "Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again."

I tried it with my personal and business Office365 account, but I get the same error message. Is this because of some regional settings or because of the To-Do connector being still "preview"?

Best,
        Boris

This missing but obvious feature is the reason why I downloaded flow. I hoped to be able to use this as a workaround for a missing synchronization of flaged e-mails between outlook and to-do. Both are missing, this surprise me substantially

• Joel Semeniuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is super important - here is a scenario. I'm really bad when following up on email when I'm travelling and always on my mobile. Without Outlook mobile I flag emails that I should followup.. but forget about them anyway. I want to flag an email then have a TODO item created for me with a due date of +1 days.

• Marc Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it should replace wunderlist, it should support IFTTT, please! With the following options: Add and Remove of entries.

• Johan Karlsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a great if there was a connector for To-do in Microsoft Flow and triggers like it is for Wunderlist.

• Nicolas Keller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Marcel, unfortunately Microsoft Flow is still missing some crucial connectors like Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, IFTTT Integration would really be awesome, especially since some users are coming from Wunderlist and already have set up their recipes. Please consider IFTTT in the future! Thanks!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base