How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Allow multiple accounts

I'd like tasks from both my Work (Exchange) and personal Microsoft accounts to be accessed from To-Do

2,728 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian Collins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marco Prins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this request strongly. I have multiple accounts and need to split things for multiply reasons. I use client account, own business account and personnel account.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Without this integration, I will be using different devices for different accounts (work / personal).

Multiple accounts is essential for me to be able to commit to this product. I trust Microsoft will address this soon!

Me too. I also have multiple accounts. 2 for work under 2 different 365 accounts and 3 separate Outlook.com accounts. It would be useful for Todo to import tasks from all and synchronize with various Outlook accounts.

• GraniteStateColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This ability is important to me too, but I actually don't understand the problem. I too have a personal Office 365 account and actually multiple Exchange accounts with different clients. I have no problem having ToDo open on all of those systems with tasks for each in its own list. Where I see this becoming an issue is with improving Outlook integration -- we might would need the ability to tie the ToDo's to the appropriate Exchange account so they appear in the right place in Outlook.

Ms should be ashamed of themselves for not realizing to accommodate for people having multiple accounts

I too use Office 365 personal and Office Exchange for work. I can use my Reminders app on my Mac and iPhone, "by Apple" to sync both of these accounts - however, I can't use Microsoft own software. Some irony there.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jesus how long do Microsoft faaney on catching up..... multiple accounts isn't hard.... microsoftt development team must be staffed by sloths

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long does the review take? Shouldn’t this be a default feature of all MS apps? Along with MDM/MAM support. So companies can control those task and the consumer still controls their own? All other office apps support multiple profiles, well except Teams and user voice has Guest switching as a high bored feature.

Please response and update status April til Dec is around 8 months to review?

• Carlos J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like access to my tasks in my profesional account (Exchange) and my personal account in outlook.com

I spend a lot of my time in O365 and office platform tools for work. I have attempted to combine work and personal but office simply falls flat and become far too complicated, especially how cumbersome sharepoint, onedrive, onenote can be just to want to change the name of a notebook that doesnt end up changed in your app. It is unfortunate that it is easier to use different platforms instead of going to one. If everything could flow seamlessly through: Outlook (email, cal, and contacts) > OneNote >Teams >ToDo > OnDrive AND be able to switch between work and personal account on native tools and app based tools, Microsoft would have a leading position. I will not switch from Todoist until ToDo has this function. Furthermore, you cant create project based task lists? E.g., I want to T up a project in Teams, link an email folder, link a one drive folder, and link ToDo tasks to manage my team for that project. So much room for improvement

• Thierry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is so important, to have one place to view work and personal to do, the feature is already available on other products, such as Word, Onenote etc...

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need support for multiple accounts and apps. Microsoft To-Do should be a consolidated view. One place to manage all your tasks. Includes Outlook account (personal) and Office 365 account (business). Includes Planner in Office 365.

• Sayan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Don't want to keep logging out and back-in for work and personal stuff....

If it could work like OneDrive with the ability to switch between accounts that would work.

• Justs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Team Tasks" is a great example of how this works for Google Tasks with multiple account support in one app. There are many other examples for Google as well.

If Microsoft wants to compete you have to jump back on board the "multi-account train". MS used to do this really well in the early 2000's back when you were Hotmail, msn.com, and then live.com. Not sure why you killed the feature to easily link and switch between accounts. ☹️ Bring back multi-account support everywhere!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base