How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Integrate Cortana Reminders

Make Microsoft To-Do the one stop solution for tasks and reminders in Microsoft Products.

1,182 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MEME shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) Integrate with Cortana.
        2) Integrate with IFTT.
        3) And if you want maximum points, create an Alexa skill!

• Brian EmmerlingBrian Emmerling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, make it the default app and update with Cortona. Currently if I place a to-do in cortona, it's a different app than outlook tasks, which is a different app from wunderlist, which is all different from To-Do.

• Adam ChenAdam Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. I really hope Cortana can pop-up these events every day which I need remember to do and I don't want to open this software every day. It should be done automatically by Cortana

• Alexander LynnAlexander Lynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to sync the reminder (2 ways I might add) is a no-brainer. Adding hooks into Cortana's reminders would increase productivity and make this a much better app. The base is already here, all it needs is some hooks into already existing programs and we are ready for a hit. +10!

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something that should happen, I think it'll be a tricky one to solve in the right way but it can be done. Wunderlist started to get this in Windows 10, although it was restricted to PC and within the US only so I'm sure you could come up with a solution for the new To-Do app.

The key focus IMO is that you should be taking advantage of the unique features of all platforms the app is on, with a very small bias towards Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile where you can more easily integrate with system apps etc.

This absolutely should end up being an app that ships out of the box with Windows 10 by the time RS3 launches

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must be a both-way sync, so you can use the option to setup the to-do which is most appropriate at the time, and then it being surfaced through both ways (with a single reminder coming up). Would also be great if this linked with any geofenced todos (another suggestion).

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just want to add my support for this, it would make setting reminders out of either app MUCH smoother

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Downloaded the app on both my phone and PC, the very first thing I did was set a Cortana reminder and was saddened it didn't show in "My Day" (or anywhere else, like suggestions). This seemed like such an obvious thing, without (2-way) integration it's not any better than any other self-contained ToDo app.

• Stephen PriceStephen Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After switching to msft from Apple I was surprised this wasn't already a feature with Wunderlist. Makes the most logical sense.

• Joseph Feliciano (JSFeliciano)Joseph Feliciano (JSFeliciano) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kill off Cortanas basic reminders and integrate To-do tasks and reminders in its place. Allow people to still add reminders via Cortana as well as still have them display in Cortana, but also have them open up in To-do if the app is installed. A win-win scenario.

• Shan UmasankerShan Umasanker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more.. Make everything Cortana centric or at least give option to use any MS product sync with Cortana

• ArchArch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a commands like:
        "Hey Cortana, make a 'shopping grocery' list"
        "Hey Cortana, add 'Buy 2 bottle of milk' to my 'shopping grocery' list"
        "Hey Cortana, remind me of 'shopping grocery' list when I go to 'Shopping Center'"
        "Hey Cortana, what are my tasks for tomorrow?"
        "Hey Cortana, share my 'shopping grocery' list to 'contact name'"
        etc...

• ArchArch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cortana integration is a must, seriously should've been integrated at the start. Wunderlist at least able to even its not fully integrated and obvious.

Microsoft should really always think out-of-the-box and have their all products and services work together as if they're being built by a single team, as a company. They have to understand very well the importance of having cohesive and unified experience.

We want things to be simplier and more automated that works without much effort, so people can easily move-on to other important things in life, instead of figuring out the workarounds of technology.

Cortana in this example can make things easier if To-Do is actually baked into Cortana as its task manager feature. I think the word 'integration' is even understatement, what we need is To-Do be a sole task manager service baked to every Microsoft product and services that needs it.

• Stuart LombardStuart Lombard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This is a must have feature. There needs to be greater unification throughout all Microsoft products. That is something that Apple does really well (though I hate to admit it), and would like to be able to have the same powerful functionality throughout all the many Microsoft services that I rely on on a daily basis.

• JimmyJimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree!! To-Do should be connected with cortana on windows 10 and android

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base