How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Cortana integration

Make Microsoft To-Do the one stop solution for tasks and reminders in Microsoft Products.

Also make specific lists accessible to Cortana.

3,944 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ME shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now use Microsoft To-Do with Cortana! Just follow the instructions here: support.office.com/article/using-microsoft-..? to get set up.

Please note that if you’ve previously used Cortana with Wunderlist, you will need to manually disconnect Wunderlist from Cortana.

The integration is also only available in English and in the following regions — Australia, India, US, and UK

239 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Need to be able to assign a task like Wunderlist.

2. Need to be able to share a list with both work or school accounts and personal accounts.

• Kazzan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So we need to hope that also Cortana feedback "Allow her for other regions" will be marked as "Completed" soon. 😉😎

• Jon Nevill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Set up Cortana with To-Do, however, the only sync is the default Shopping and Grocery Folder titles. No tasks or folders syncing either way. UK customer, outlook.com account, disconnected and reconnected the service several times?!? Please advise.

• Mark Szili commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting reminders from both Cortana and todo and completing in both will check off two days worth of reoccurring daily reminders. I don't mind seeing both reminders but there needs to be a flow that will clear one or the other and from other devices if completed from any device.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well done Microsoft ! You have killed "reminders" in window phone in the process.
        Cortana responds now when you attempt to save a reminder,
        "Very sorry, there are too many reminders. Please remove one and try again."
        ANGRY !

• JinAz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it works -- but only if you disconnect Wunderlist... a point that I did not see in any announcement or documentation

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've deleted Wunderlist for this (knowing it was separate experience at the time, of course). I'm just hoping this will come sooner than the next major build. I like the idea of Cortana seeming like both an assistant and a hub for Windows users...it looks like it's finally fleshing out properly (please don't mess it up...the optics are already bad with various recent changes).

• CurtK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I was using this To-Do/Cortana integration for several weeks, working great, then this morning it's gone, no integration on any device and now I can't add items via my Invoke(s) (yes I have several). WHY do you guys do this?? Of course I've already moved everything off Wunderlist because this was working so nicely. Now it's all broken.

• JinAz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the great effort progress you're making on this! Hope to see it soon in insider preview!

• Melvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marcel(Admin,...),
        I just read, in the Insider Forum, a step by step instruction set for doing just what was suggested about the connection of the To-Do list with Cortana. I was not able to follow those steps beginning with 'Setting up a Account...".

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea with Microsoft To-Do is to make a specific list (or lists) important, and available to Cortana to add a To-Do. Non-important lists can be ignored or hidden. Basically, setting a list as Important, such as a day of the week, will enable To-Do or Cortana to add to those as an important list. Automatically go to that day, ask Cortana to assign to a day, or a date and time.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to know when this will be integrated. It would really make the app more powerful!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base