How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Sub tasks

It would be cool, if we could add sub tasks to a single entry. The parent should be expandable, so that sub tasks would be visible at a glance, and progress should be visible without expanding the parent task.

5,088 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ChrisChris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

156 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Used To Do for the first time today, At first glance it looked cool, then I found it had no sub tasks, This was a great feature of Wunderlist hope this gets implemented soon into To Do, also The date under the task (Instead of at the end) make it look cluttered as does tasks that just get crossed out and not hidden, after half an hour I went back to Wunderlist hope these get sorted

• Dietmar StupkaDietmar Stupka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same here. I love wunderlist for that Feature, but do not consider changing to Microsoft until this is not available.

• OLLI-SOLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be cool if sub tasks have a higher priority at Microsoft than sharing tasks.

• Love to-doLove to-do commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really wait this feature. It will be so useful. When it happen i will use only Microsoft To-Do. Thank you for your job!

• JinxwJinxw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and if sub tasks can be added to "today's list" will be useful

• 浮云浮云 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without Sub tasks I cant use Microsoft To-Do as my productivity tool.

• NikhilNikhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with a lot of users that subtasks and having independent reminder's / due-dates are important for subtasks.

• GeertGeert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For subtasks have a look at the app Top Task List in your Store. Great subtask structure.

• APKAPK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've choocen To-Doist, because of Subtasks and a better task structure than Wunderlist (MS ToDo). Please, bring this and more features into this application and I'll use MS Todo ;-)

• Elizabeth SifelElizabeth Sifel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been loving Wunderlist until I encountered (on my second day of use) the problem of subtasks not showing up. Seems like such a simple issue to fix. Please let me know when you've resolved it. I'm off to try other task managers that have this feature.

As I wrote before:
        Microsoft is currently implementing the "Sharing" feature where you can share tasks lists with other people.
        If you want to see what features are currently under development just select to see "All ideas" and filter them by Status = Started.
        Same for status = planned (so you see what features are planned).

So I think sub tasks will take a bit more time (maybe at the end of 2016/beginning of 2017, but this is just my personal opinion).

Adding a link in the notes of a task that points to an other task would be an fantastic idea.
        But in my opinion the subtasks should be implemented asap.

• Jeremy AnderlJeremy Anderl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an interim step, can you at least allow me to get a persistent link to a task?

So that I can paste it in the notes of the parent task
        Persistent so that the link doesn't break if I move the target task

In my opinion subtasks are more important than sharing tasks.
        Unfortunately sharing tasks is currently under development, subtasks not.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Было бы здорово, если бы при добавлении записи она высвечивалась уведомлением на других устройствах которые синхронизированны. Мы с женой часто используем список дел и покупок на двоих. И не понятно когда список изменился. Поэтому прошу добавить данную функцию

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base