How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Sub tasks

It would be cool, if we could add sub tasks to a single entry. The parent should be expandable, so that sub tasks would be visible at a glance, and progress should be visible without expanding the parent task.

3,102 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ChrisChris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  MarcelAdminMarcel (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

We are currently reviewing votes feature suggestions, specifically features that exist in Wunderlist, as we work on our roadmap for the next releases.

104 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a simple use while maintaining grocery list i can have category under which specific items are added. Which will help me saving time to scroll through hige list and all similar items i can select / unselect without much scroll. Also this will help to see list more structured as retail store keep similar grocery items together (i.e. spices, drinks, vegitables etc) saving revisit in section.

• Ted TabakaTed Tabaka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without sub-tasks I cannot switch to Microsoft To-Do. I will continue to use Wunderlist until this feature is added.

• MarkusMarkus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it possible that the highest rated suggestion is just under review and stupid things like a mac! Desktop App is already planed or in work?

Why not windows? Is it not the preferred OS for Microsoft?
        And why not listen to the users? This feature has to be implemented!

• C. Yusuf MumtazC. Yusuf Mumtaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subtasks help to break down tasks and make them more manageable. Also, some tasks are better suited as subtasks rather than further cluttering up the task lists.

• John AquinoJohn Aquino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This comment says it all. Wunderlist is a wonderful product but MS is likely to kill off a product that is slick streamlined and loved. This is what happened to Sunrise. I still miss the Sunrise Calendar. Outlook does not come close. Just rebrand Wunderlist - and then if possible over time improve it!

• KushinadaimeKushinadaime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a Task shold have subdivisions with check box to control itens like sub-task and notes.
        Those sub-tasks shold have fild´s to fill the time spend, and to fill the total money spend and main task should add the time and money...

Can you make sure that all subtasks are unticked when recurring task is completed. Just like it works currently.

Hey I have an idea... why don't you buy up a company that makes a great product, and then neuter the great product by not including some of the key reasons people found it to be great....

If you don't include subtasks I will find another app, they are the only reason I settled on Wunderlist in the first place. And UNLIMITED subtasks at that. I save process instructions, and most are a few long but occasionally I need all the subtasks I can get

• Steve KiehlSteve Kiehl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't necessarily say that I need sub "tasks", but a check list inside of tasks, so I can create a "Grocery Shopping" task, and add each grocery item to that list. Then, rather than sifting through my grocery cart to make sure I got everything, I can look at my task's check list and confirm that I have everything I need. Sure, I could make a "Groceries" list with each grocery item as a task, but this creates so much clutter that it feels disorganized and an excess of disassociated items to sift through if I ever had to go back through the list to see what I got during this week's shopping trip.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base