How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

Sub tasks

It would be cool, if we could add sub tasks to a single entry. The parent should be expandable, so that sub tasks would be visible at a glance, and progress should be visible without expanding the parent task.

6,018 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

201 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This product is great but I agree subtasks would the number 1 suggestion that would make it even better

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on, Microsoft! How hard can it be!? Or at least let us categorize tasks (like mails in Outlook)...

• Ryan Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subtask is important feature when I use todo app for GTD. I hope this feature will be implemented ASAP.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're due for an update of the To-Do app.

I'm afraid to use Wunderlist, not knowing what is going to happen to it. I switched back to Todoist in the meantime, but I really am waiting for MS to make this the Killer App that it can be! We're counting on you guys!!!

• Nigel Mayo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Subtasks aren't available on the day of forced switchover I'll be moving my company to another product.

• OLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hope Microsoft implements the subtasks like Todoist.

There I can have a list of tasks (all on the same level) and with one key press (or one mouse click) I can indent a task to a subtask.
        So I can have a tree structure of tasks (like "Task -> Subtask -> Sub-Subtask -> Sub-Sub-Subtask").
        Before anybody complains about complexity: you don't have to use it!

And subtasks have the same attributes like tasks (they have a due date, comments, tags, categories, attachments, etc).

• OLLI-S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nobody forces you (Anonymous) to use subtasks.
        If you like to have s simple and flat list, this is OK (you don't have to use subtasks).
        But many other people like them, so it is good that Microsoft is implementing this feature!
        I just hope it is coming this year!

I disagree with this. This is not a project management system. Use MS Project or Excel for subtasks. If you want this type of functionality, create new lists. This is a parent-child relationship.

I just want a simple To-Do list, nothing more

Hello!
        People at Microsoft: please, read our claims!!! The feature here stated is a must for all of us who trust on your app!!!
        I hope you answer this ASAP

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base