Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To-Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To-Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Microsoft To-Do?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. reminder feature

Please add reminder feature, reminders could be set to go off for a given ToDo. Integration with Cortana and Outlook Calendar events/reminders.

1,045 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re closing this Idea as it is not clear what exactly is requested. To-Do has an option to reminders to any task item. You can set a reminder time by tapping on a task to open its Detail View.

• Retain Wunderlist star icon and color scheme

Wunderlist is one of the few apps I use on a daily basis that I LOVE and to which I honestly feel an emotional connection. MSFT To-Do is as generic and corporate a name as imagineable and while I want to be optimistic about this successor to Wunderlist, can you please keep the WL branding/identity?

78 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Wunderlist

Copy everything that wunderlist had...1. Sub tasks, 2. Starring of tasks, 3. Inbox, 4. Today folder that included overdue tasks, 5. Week folder, etc

65 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • If "My Day" is empty also show the default To-Do list

It would be nice to show the content of the default To-Do list if "My Day" is empty. Otherwise I need 1-3 additional clicks to show my To-Dos after launching the app.

60 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Rename to Microsoft Wunderlist

I really like the progress that's been made so far with Microsoft To-Do, and it's well on its way to replacing and upgrading Wunderlist.

However, I feel that the name 'Microsoft To-Do', while accurately describing what it does, isn't very good. For me, it doesn't stand out, as there are already a plethora of apps called 'To Do' or 'Tasks' and it just seems too generic a name.

I think renaming the app to 'Microsoft Wunderlist' would make a lot more sense.

It makes the app stand out from the others, draws in a link from the existing Wunderlist for…

51 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Integrate with Outlook.com and Exchange

App should mirror the task list feature in Outlook 2016 (or whatever) and give me the ability to share task lists with other users. Also, should appear as an app in the Outlook.com list. Also, sub-tasks should be easy and straightforward (think MS Project's nested task list).

5 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As here are multiple suggestions in one, I’m closing this.

To-Do should already show tasks you have in Outlook Tasks. If they don’t please contact support :)

• Bug: Mac app has very slow UI. It takes approx 2 sec to switch list.

The app must be responsive. In this state it is unusable.
                This happened after importing my Wunderlist.

4 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • sync Website with App

All ToDo in my Android-App are not shown when I start https://todo.microsoft.com/ an log in. There is no sync - everything empty there.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are improving the sync across platforms with each update. If you are seeing sync issues in To-Do, please use the in-app contact form in settings, to write us. This will allow us to investigate the specific sync problem and get it fixed.

• Improve Sync

Improve Sync feature to make it easier to use across multiple devices

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Sync is constantly being worked on and gets improved with each update. In case you are seeing sync failures, please use the in-app contact for to write us, we will investigate the specific issue.

• BUG: completed tasks are offered in 'suggestions'

web interface offers competed tasks (crossed out) in the suggestion list

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Translation suggestion for the name of default To-Do list in Simplified Chinese

In Simplified Chinese language, both Android app and web version shows To-Do, suggest to translate this to more appropriate name such as "收件箱" or "待办事项".

Not sure which is better since do not understand the meaning of current To-Do list. It should be something like "收件箱" if this is used as INBOX in GTD, . But if this list is still intended to be a todo list, maybe it is better to translate it to "待办事项" .

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Work account ASAP

Work and school accounts should be number one priority...since when do consumers get first dibs on anything? It should be incorporated with the out look app, just like the web and desktop versions of outlook. Currently I am using my personal account to utilize this app, because the recent appl update has cause sync issues with my apple reminders generic app.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add multiple tasks

On adding task after task, after the first task the Today view becomes big and disturbing adding the next task. This is not fluid task adding.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base