Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook Mail Integration

Having a quick way to convert emails in Outlook to tasks that show up in Microsoft To-Do.

10,004 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

766 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar Integration / Calendar View

Calendar feed or calendar integration with iCal, Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, Microsoft Agenda or within app.

7,741 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

757 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5,526 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

504 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Multiple Account Support is now also available in Microsoft To-Do on Windows. If you upgrade to the latest version 1.51 through the Microsoft Store, you will be able to add all your accounts to the app and switch between them without signing out and back in.
    On Android, the option is also available already. We do have plans to bring this to more platforms in the future.

4. Dark theme

It would be nice to have dark theme.

5,268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

274 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Natural language support

When entering to-do's you should be able to enter the item with natural language such as "Meeting with John today at 3pm" or any number of a wide range of ways. The app would know that it needs to be done today at 3pm. Other shortcuts should be supported including the reoccurring items such as "the second Monday of each month".

Natural language is faster to enter items vs selecting each field. After you enter the task with natural language there should be some visual que that tells you the system has recognized the item such as date, time, list,…

2,982 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  119 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Next week" should be Monday not Sunday

When selecting "Next Week" on a task, it should be set to Monday of Next week and not Sunday. Or at least this behavior should be configurable.

2,411 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Snooze options

Please provide more snooze options, 10 mins, 1hr, later, custom.. Any.do or Tick Tick android todo apps for reference.

2,036 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Alexa integration

Specifically shopping list, but also add reminders

973 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Push notifications when shared list is changed by someone else

I see the "Share lists" idea to be supported by many and also STARTED already, which is great. However, what I am missing a lot in all apps like Wunderlist, Onenote, Keep and others is the option that the app will notify me when someone else updates shared list.

It was great how this worked in the past in "Family room" feature that was discontinued on Windows phone. We were sharing Onenote lists in family room and every family member was notified when someone else changed something. Since that times none of to-do apps with sharing is capable to do…

771 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy and Paste Lists and Tasks

This was a really handy feature in Wunderlist - the ability to copy/paste both lists and tasks...

I had a number of template lists which I could copy if I needed. For instance, a generic list of holiday items to pack which would be copied/pasted each time I went on a new trip.

Thankfully - the excellent integration with Outlook means I can do this at the Outlook end, and it'll be replicated in To-Do! :)

385 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Task entered in Outlook shows wrong due date in MS To-Do

If I add a new Task in Outlook, set the Due Date as 15 May (as an example) after it syncs Microsoft To-Do shows incorrectly "Sun, 14 May" as Due Date.

When I do it the other way around and add the to-do in MS To-Do and set the Due Date as Mon, 15 May after syncing Outlook correctly shows 15th of May.

I can repro it all the time.

It appears that either you have a bug in reading from your common backend with Outlook or Outlook has a bug in saving there.
    This started to happen after an…

245 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams & Planner Integration

Teams & Planner Integration for To-Do

181 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Completed items to be excluded from searches

Completed items to be excluded from searches and ability to view and search just completed items

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When adding to "My Day," have a drop down menu of your lists to choose which list the task goes with.

I work for two different Realtors plus I have a personal list. I'd like to be able to add a task to My Day without first having to go to the appropriate list, add the task, then click "add to my day."

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Android widget doesn't refresh

Android widget doesn't refresh like ever.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  24 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Inconsistent UI for completed item on iOS

Some of the completed items have a line cross over them, but some of the items don't have that line (they just have a lighter color to indicate they are completed). Please fix it.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Employee Profile Picture Should Sync With Office 365

My profile picture from Office 365 is not appearing in To-Do

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cut and Paste an image copied to the clipboard

Cut and Paste an image copied to the clipboard

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. “To Delete 2147483647”清单不能删除

“To Delete 2147483647”清单不能删除。

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug: iPad Calendar Display when Due Date is Low on Screen, Can’t access full calendar when you select “Pick a Date

The Calendar Display option is different on the iPhone and the iPad (Landscape mode). On the iPhone, when you click on the Due Date, you can always see the FULL view of the calendar. But, on the iPad that is NOT the case. If the Due Date displays low in the lower right corner, when you click on Due Due and choose Pick a Date, you may only see HALF of the calendar, withOUT the ability to see the bottom couple of weeks. On the iPhone you always see the full calendar when you select Pick a Date, regardless of…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base