Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Push notifications on shared lists

Everyone on a shared list should be able to get notified when entries are added or completed on these shared lists via push notifications on phone. Not via email.

1,582 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

178 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Push notifications on shared lists for personal accounts is available in To Do. Push notifications for AAD accounts (work and school accounts) is work in progress and will be enabled soon.

2. 5,886 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

467 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a To Do List for Tomorrow/Plan My Day the day before

You plan your next day of to dos and it would be helpful to create the to do list for tomorrow at the end of the business day

6,219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

467 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Polly responded

While we aren’t creating a My Day version that you can plan the night before at the moment, we have made significant updates to our Planned list.

Rolling out now on Android (version 2.17), and coming soon to other platforms, you can now view a distinct tomorrow view in the Planned list. You can also group the view by lists so that you have a view of all the different projects the tasks from. You can choose to close list sections so that you only concentrate on one list section at a time.

4. Automatic populating of My Day

I have several Lists each with numerous actions. I assign Due Dates to each action. Every day I have to troll through all my actions and Add to My Day on all those actions which are due today. It would save an awful lot of time if an algorithm could be devised by Microsoft which automatically registers those actions due today in My Day

7,556 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

937 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we aren’t adding automatic population of due dates to My Day at the moment, we have made some significant changes to the Planned list.

Rolling out on Android now (version 2.17), and coming soon to other platforms, you can now see a distinct Today view in the Planned list. You can also choose to group this view by list so that you get a view of what you have to do today across all your lists. You can choose to close particular lists e.g. Home if you don’t want to see it while at work.

5. Cut and Paste an image copied to the clipboard

Cut and Paste an image copied to the clipboard

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can currently do this in Windows. Copy an image and then paste it into the Detail view of your selected task.

6. Android widget doesn't refresh

Android widget doesn't refresh like ever.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  29 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: iPad Calendar Display when Due Date is Low on Screen, Can’t access full calendar when you select “Pick a Date

The Calendar Display option is different on the iPhone and the iPad (Landscape mode). On the iPhone, when you click on the Due Date, you can always see the FULL view of the calendar. But, on the iPad that is NOT the case. If the Due Date displays low in the lower right corner, when you click on Due Due and choose Pick a Date, you may only see HALF of the calendar, withOUT the ability to see the bottom couple of weeks. On the iPhone you always see the full calendar when you select Pick a Date, regardless of…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Employee Profile Picture Should Sync With Office 365

My profile picture from Office 365 is not appearing in To-Do

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Marcel responded

This is implemented on Windows, Web and Android. We are also working on enabling this on iOS

9. When adding to "My Day," have a drop down menu of your lists to choose which list the task goes with.

I work for two different Realtors plus I have a personal list. I'd like to be able to add a task to My Day without first having to go to the appropriate list, add the task, then click "add to my day."

224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Completed items to be excluded from searches

Completed items to be excluded from searches and ability to view and search just completed items

346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hiding completed tasks from Search results is now possible in the Windows 10 App and in the Android app of Microsoft To-Do.

We will also look into bringing the option to iOS and Web.

11. Weekly view for To-Do

"My day" panel is really useful, but we also need look and have present always our week goals. The possibility bump all our to-dos help to declutter our mind, but this doesn't have sense if we can't organize or order them. So by this reason think is necesary a week view or a monthly view, even a more especific dayly view (maybe by hour or by morning/afternoon/night) could be really productive.

Brett McKay talk about this topic in this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxLNY6yxRI

10,343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

681 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This week we’re rolling out a brand new Planned list on Android (version 2.17) which gives you a 7 day week view. You can view the tasks by day or by list.

It will be coming soon to other platforms.

12. “To Delete 2147483647”清单不能删除

“To Delete 2147483647”清单不能删除。

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Inconsistent UI for completed item on iOS

Some of the completed items have a line cross over them, but some of the items don't have that line (they just have a lighter color to indicate they are completed). Please fix it.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this. We are already working on an update which will fix this UI bug.

14. Alexa integration

Specifically shopping list, but also add reminders

1,289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Smart Lists

I loved the way wunderlist had Smart Lists. I can't do without Starred and Week and even completed. Please add that to To-Do.

• Tomorrow

• Weekly

• Next 10 days

• Monthly

• Completed

• Incomplete

• Overdue

• Recurring tasks

• Starred

• Overdue

• Tasks in shared lists

• Assigned to me

• Tasks with due date

• Tasks without due date

• Tasks due on xxx day

6,738 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

370 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now have the All and Completed smart lists across all platforms.

We also have a brand new Planned list, rolling out now on Android (version 2.17), and coming soon to other platforms. Here you get a distinct Tomorrow and Week view. You can also group the view by list.

16. Calendar Integration / Calendar View

Calendar feed or calendar integration with iCal, Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, Microsoft Agenda or within app.

13,054 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1751 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our team is working on a solution to show tasks with due dates on the Outlook.com / O365 calendar. We unfortunately can’t provide an ETA on this yet, but we can assure you that we listen to your requests for it.

17. "Next week" should be Monday not Sunday

When selecting "Next Week" on a task, it should be set to Monday of Next week and not Sunday. Or at least this behavior should be configurable.

4,100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

216 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While this works on certain platform like Windows 10, changing the first day of the week does not yet work on iOS. This is an improvement we are working on

18. Integrate with Microsoft Teams

Add a tab with our personal and shared to do list in Microsoft Teams.

5,467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

199 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Outlook Mail Integration

Having a quick way to convert emails in Outlook to tasks that show up in Microsoft To-Do.

12,100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1078 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the last update of To-Do across platforms we have enabled the option to see flagged emails from Outlook as Tasks in Microsoft To-Do. Simply flag an email in Outlook to create a task from it in To-Do.

You can enable this feature in Microsoft To-Do from within the App Settings.

To get the latest version of To-Do please go to https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-to-do-list-app

20. Natural language support

When entering to-do's you should be able to enter the item with natural language such as "Meeting with John today at 3pm" or any number of a wide range of ways. The app would know that it needs to be done today at 3pm. Other shortcuts should be supported including the reoccurring items such as "the second Monday of each month".

Natural language is faster to enter items vs selecting each field. After you enter the task with natural language there should be some visual que that tells you the system has recognized the item such as date, time, list,…

4,013 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

212 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In our latest iOS & iPadOS update – version 2.5 – we’ve brought smart due dates to the app.

Will be coming to more platforms in the future.

Let us know what you think on Twitter (microsofttodo), Facebook (microsofttodo) or Instagram (@microsoft_todo)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base