Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5,536 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

422 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Push notifications on shared lists

Everyone on a shared list should be able to get notified when entries are added or completed on these shared lists via push notifications on phone. Not via email.

1,507 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

171 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Push notifications on shared lists for personal accounts is available in To Do. Push notifications for AAD accounts (work and school accounts) is work in progress and will be enabled soon.

3. Color coding / Colour coding

I would love if I could color code the parts of my list so I can easily look at the parts of the list categorically at a glance! I absolutely love Microsoft To Do!

1,132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. # Tag search

The input tag list is displayed and I need to select the existing tag and input it when I enter a todo.
    Also, when searching, it would be nice to have a function to search by various combinations of tags and text.

1,159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Widget Customization

Please make Android widget customizable.
    Add options like, to :-

1 Adjust transparency
    2 Add rounded corners
    3 Resize font

So that it can be matched with wallpaper, theme or taste of the user.

Because Widget is the thing that everybody see all day to remember without open the app so it becomes Important.

661 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Start Dates and Due Dates

In Omnifocus, I can set a "start date", which is the date that the task is available to be worked on. We can choose the view (for example "all future tasks", "all visible or available tasks"). With this feature it is possible to better organize the future due dates and tasks, hiding the tasks of a far future. It would be welcome in MS ToDo.

1,760 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

154 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sort alphabetically completed tasks

Sort alphabetically completed tasks, now it looks like wunderlist, it was better before in to do , to show Or hide completed, and it was Possible to sort In several ways

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sort "Completed" tasks

I LOVE that the "completed" tasks where moved under the "pending" tasks, however, now I don't have the option to sort my COMPLETED tasks anymore since the switch.

One of my FAVORITE features switching from wunderlust to To-Do was that although my completed and pending tasks where together, i could see my completed alphabetically. since I use it for grocery shopping I just uncheck the food i need every week and its handy to sort through it alphabetically when I need to add things throughout the week.

PLEASE give me the option to sort my completed tasks again!

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Today view

Please add a “today” smart list of things due today plus a weekly view

Or let Wunderlist continue

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sort Completed Tasks by Date Completed

Please allow separate sorting of the completed list - completed should be able to display by date completed

239 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alphabetize completed items

It seems like this is a new problem and wunder list had that problem. Before this week, to do would allow you to alphabetize completed and not completed together which was an extra step but at least it was alphabetized. As of this week the lists can no longer be merged so completed cannot be alphabetized at all. Please let us Alphabetize the completed section too!

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share Group

Provide option to share a Group created with other users. Currently have to share per list in a Group Manually and have to track if missed to share any list in a group with others.
    I would be fantastic to have sharing options like Parent/Child settings. Like Child List inherent sharing options from Group Parent or can have unique permissions.

284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tag Management

Tags are required of even the simplest task list management app. The primary factor is that the system cannot answer the simplest of queries or set up dynamic ‘smart’ lists that evaluate tags as well as system variables such as @now, @tomorrow, before 3pm tomorrow, @here, @arriving, @leaving, @main-residence, @home-office, not assigned to @accounting, @importance(user-defined values for multiple variables, Boolean logic, system variables), @repeating, @overdue, #way-overdue, etc.) to provide users with some basic insight needed to choose what to do when. That’s the reason for building an app that people need because they can’t get by with keeping their lists…

535 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. multiple accounts switching

Add multiple accounts and account switching to allow switch between work family and personal todos

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Outlook Categories to Tasks

Ability to sync with Outlook categories and sort by categories within the app.

1,751 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

215 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatic populating of My Day

I have several Lists each with numerous actions. I assign Due Dates to each action. Every day I have to troll through all my actions and Add to My Day on all those actions which are due today. It would save an awful lot of time if an algorithm could be devised by Microsoft which automatically registers those actions due today in My Day

7,191 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

905 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Polly responded

While we aren’t adding automatic population of due dates to My Day at the moment, we have made some significant changes to the Planned list.

Rolling out on Android now (version 2.17), and coming soon to other platforms, you can now see a distinct Today view in the Planned list. You can also choose to group this view by list so that you get a view of what you have to do today across all your lists. You can choose to close particular lists e.g. Home if you don’t want to see it while at work.

17. Create a To Do List for Tomorrow/Plan My Day the day before

You plan your next day of to dos and it would be helpful to create the to do list for tomorrow at the end of the business day

5,849 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

436 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Polly responded

While we aren’t creating a My Day version that you can plan the night before at the moment, we have made significant updates to our Planned list.

Rolling out now on Android (version 2.17), and coming soon to other platforms, you can now view a distinct tomorrow view in the Planned list. You can also group the view by lists so that you have a view of all the different projects the tasks from. You can choose to close list sections so that you only concentrate on one list section at a time.

18. Multiple account integration

I have multiple work accounts and a personal account. It would be good to have all these actions in a single To Do app - with the ability to see them ordered by account, with additional items added being integrated to the appropriate source account.
    Is this likely anytime soon?

266 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create a 'My Day' but for the next day

Create the 'My Day' option for the next day (tomorrow). Having this option makes it easier to add tasks rather having to wait for the next day to add them to 'My Day'. You can also place the tasks from 'Next Day' that are incomplete and move to 'My Day' once the day is over.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open email with Outlook Desktop

Thanks for the Flagged mail connection. It would be great if the email could open in Outlook Desktop instead of OWA.

1,205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

214 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 998 999
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base