Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6,356 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

525 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color coding / Colour coding

I would love if I could color code the parts of my list so I can easily look at the parts of the list categorically at a glance! I absolutely love Microsoft To Do!

1,400 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. # Tag search

The input tag list is displayed and I need to select the existing tag and input it when I enter a todo.
    Also, when searching, it would be nice to have a function to search by various combinations of tags and text.

1,301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. multiple accounts switching

Add multiple accounts and account switching to allow switch between work family and personal todos

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sort Completed Tasks by Date Completed

Please allow separate sorting of the completed list - completed should be able to display by date completed

392 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Start Dates and Due Dates

In Omnifocus, I can set a "start date", which is the date that the task is available to be worked on. We can choose the view (for example "all future tasks", "all visible or available tasks"). With this feature it is possible to better organize the future due dates and tasks, hiding the tasks of a far future. It would be welcome in MS ToDo.

2,020 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  165 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Widget Customization

Please make Android widget customizable.
    Add options like, to :-

1 Adjust transparency
    2 Add rounded corners
    3 Resize font

So that it can be matched with wallpaper, theme or taste of the user.

Because Widget is the thing that everybody see all day to remember without open the app so it becomes Important.

721 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sort alphabetically completed tasks

Sort alphabetically completed tasks, now it looks like wunderlist, it was better before in to do , to show Or hide completed, and it was Possible to sort In several ways

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a 'My Day' but for the next day

Create the 'My Day' option for the next day (tomorrow). Having this option makes it easier to add tasks rather having to wait for the next day to add them to 'My Day'. You can also place the tasks from 'Next Day' that are incomplete and move to 'My Day' once the day is over.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sort "Completed" tasks

I LOVE that the "completed" tasks where moved under the "pending" tasks, however, now I don't have the option to sort my COMPLETED tasks anymore since the switch.

One of my FAVORITE features switching from wunderlust to To-Do was that although my completed and pending tasks where together, i could see my completed alphabetically. since I use it for grocery shopping I just uncheck the food i need every week and its handy to sort through it alphabetically when I need to add things throughout the week.

PLEASE give me the option to sort my completed tasks again!

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Today view

Please add a “today” smart list of things due today plus a weekly view

Or let Wunderlist continue

396 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add to Tomorrow

Some people like to plan their day the night before. Let us "Add to Tomorrow" to help with that. Also should allow a task not completed Today to be rescheduled for Tomorrow.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share Group

Provide option to share a Group created with other users. Currently have to share per list in a Group Manually and have to track if missed to share any list in a group with others.
    I would be fantastic to have sharing options like Parent/Child settings. Like Child List inherent sharing options from Group Parent or can have unique permissions.

360 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "My Tomorrow" please

Add "My Tomorrow" in addition to "My Day". I like to plan a day in advance. Or make "My Day" more customizable.

233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Open email with Outlook Desktop

Thanks for the Flagged mail connection. It would be great if the email could open in Outlook Desktop instead of OWA.

1,979 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  375 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Priority Levels

It will be very helpful if Priority list like
    Priority A-D or priority levels are given in such ways that tasks remains in their original list but also appears as per Priority List in Smart List interface on Top of the task list.

Thanks

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Immersive Reader

We would love for Immersive Reader to be in Microsoft To-Do. It is integral for all people to be able to access tasks being assigned in work and in education. Immersive Reader can read and translate tasks assigned by the user or by others utlizing To-Do.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple Account Support in iOS and iPadOS

The Window 10 version of Microsoft To Do supports multiple accounts, but the IOS and iPads versions do not.
    Please add multiple account support to the IOS and iPads versions of Microsoft To Do.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tag Management

Tags are required of even the simplest task list management app. The primary factor is that the system cannot answer the simplest of queries or set up dynamic ‘smart’ lists that evaluate tags as well as system variables such as @now, @tomorrow, before 3pm tomorrow, @here, @arriving, @leaving, @main-residence, @home-office, not assigned to @accounting, @importance(user-defined values for multiple variables, Boolean logic, system variables), @repeating, @overdue, #way-overdue, etc.) to provide users with some basic insight needed to choose what to do when. That’s the reason for building an app that people need because they can’t get by with keeping their lists…

617 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Outlook Categories to Tasks

Ability to sync with Outlook categories and sort by categories within the app.

2,068 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

262 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 1245 1246
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base