Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar Integration / Calendar View

Calendar feed or calendar integration with iCal, Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, Microsoft Agenda or within app.

12,245 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1612 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Marcel responded

Our team is working on a solution to show tasks with due dates on the Outlook.com / O365 calendar. We unfortunately can’t provide an ETA on this yet, but we can assure you that we listen to your requests for it.

2. Outlook Mail Integration

Having a quick way to convert emails in Outlook to tasks that show up in Microsoft To-Do.

11,833 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1020 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the last update of To-Do across platforms we have enabled the option to see flagged emails from Outlook as Tasks in Microsoft To-Do. Simply flag an email in Outlook to create a task from it in To-Do.

You can enable this feature in Microsoft To-Do from within the App Settings.

To get the latest version of To-Do please go to https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-to-do-list-app

3. Weekly view for To-Do

"My day" panel is really useful, but we also need look and have present always our week goals. The possibility bump all our to-dos help to declutter our mind, but this doesn't have sense if we can't organize or order them. So by this reason think is necesary a week view or a monthly view, even a more especific dayly view (maybe by hour or by morning/afternoon/night) could be really productive.

Brett McKay talk about this topic in this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxLNY6yxRI

9,893 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

650 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Polly responded

This week we’re rolling out a brand new Planned list on Android (version 2.17) which gives you a 7 day week view. You can view the tasks by day or by list.

It will be coming soon to other platforms.

4. Sync with tasks in OneNote / Integration with OneNote

Please allow 2 way sync with OneNote ToDo tag.

7,344 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  400 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic populating of My Day

I have several Lists each with numerous actions. I assign Due Dates to each action. Every day I have to troll through all my actions and Add to My Day on all those actions which are due today. It would save an awful lot of time if an algorithm could be devised by Microsoft which automatically registers those actions due today in My Day

7,191 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

905 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we aren’t adding automatic population of due dates to My Day at the moment, we have made some significant changes to the Planned list.

Rolling out on Android now (version 2.17), and coming soon to other platforms, you can now see a distinct Today view in the Planned list. You can also choose to group this view by list so that you get a view of what you have to do today across all your lists. You can choose to close particular lists e.g. Home if you don’t want to see it while at work.

6. 7,117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

909 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Location based reminders

Add location based ToDO reminder list..

6,513 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

164 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Marcel responded

We are reviewing this idea and work on defining our roadmap for the next releases. We see that it gets requested a lot, so we are definitely considering it for an update at some point.

8. Smart Lists

I loved the way wunderlist had Smart Lists. I can't do without Starred and Week and even completed. Please add that to To-Do.

• Tomorrow

• Weekly

• Next 10 days

• Monthly

• Completed

• Incomplete

• Overdue

• Recurring tasks

• Starred

• Overdue

• Tasks in shared lists

• Assigned to me

• Tasks with due date

• Tasks without due date

• Tasks due on xxx day

6,458 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

365 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now have the All and Completed smart lists across all platforms.

We also have a brand new Planned list, rolling out now on Android (version 2.17), and coming soon to other platforms. Here you get a distinct Tomorrow and Week view. You can also group the view by list.

9. Dark theme

It would be nice to have dark theme.

5,889 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

available on some apps  ·  311 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a To Do List for Tomorrow/Plan My Day the day before

You plan your next day of to dos and it would be helpful to create the to do list for tomorrow at the end of the business day

5,849 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

436 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we aren’t creating a My Day version that you can plan the night before at the moment, we have made significant updates to our Planned list.

Rolling out now on Android (version 2.17), and coming soon to other platforms, you can now view a distinct tomorrow view in the Planned list. You can also group the view by lists so that you have a view of all the different projects the tasks from. You can choose to close list sections so that you only concentrate on one list section at a time.

11. 5,536 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

422 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate with Microsoft Teams

Add a tab with our personal and shared to do list in Microsoft Teams.

5,221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

194 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Natural language support

When entering to-do's you should be able to enter the item with natural language such as "Meeting with John today at 3pm" or any number of a wide range of ways. The app would know that it needs to be done today at 3pm. Other shortcuts should be supported including the reoccurring items such as "the second Monday of each month".

Natural language is faster to enter items vs selecting each field. After you enter the task with natural language there should be some visual que that tells you the system has recognized the item such as date, time, list,…

3,928 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

209 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In our latest iOS & iPadOS update – version 2.5 – we’ve brought smart due dates to the app.

Will be coming to more platforms in the future.

Let us know what you think on Twitter (microsofttodo), Facebook (microsofttodo) or Instagram (@microsoft_todo)

14. "Next week" should be Monday not Sunday

When selecting "Next Week" on a task, it should be set to Monday of Next week and not Sunday. Or at least this behavior should be configurable.

3,891 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

207 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While this works on certain platform like Windows 10, changing the first day of the week does not yet work on iOS. This is an improvement we are working on

15. Send/forward emails to To-Do

Email address so users can email a message to To-Do.

3,720 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

366 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More options for recurring events

Allow recurring events to reoccur on a "custom" basis

every weekday
    first Monday of the month
    last day of the month

3,623 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

226 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Snooze options

Please provide more snooze options, 10 mins, 1hr, later, custom.. Any.do or Tick Tick android todo apps for reference.

2,881 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

available on some apps  ·  122 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Comments / chat option

Commenting still represents an important piece of workflow.

Personally I use them to tack on extra bits of information as I'm completing research task. Having a history for the task is important.

2,854 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

905 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. To-Do Dashboard and Statistics

To-Do should to create a dashboard with the follow features:
    - How many tasks (today, tomorrow, week, overdue, all);
    - Daily/weekly/monthly completed tasks average, trending, etc; (data analysis per statistics to know our productivity);
    - Charts with data analysis regarding the tasks done.

2,497 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  50 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Archive, Delete or Hide Completed List/Task

Some of the lists may have all completed task and the list may not be valid anymore. Can there be option to archive or hide a list? Some recurring items which have over dozens of completed records, should be archived too.

2,266 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  213 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 998 999
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base