Feature Suggestions

Welcome to the Microsoft To Do UserVoice page. This is the place for creating new feature suggestions for To Do or upvoting existing ones. You can also add your thoughts and comment on other user’s suggestions.

We review your feature suggestions and comments on a daily basis. Your votes help prioritize new features and product decisions, so thanks for sharing your ideas here!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook Mail Integration

Having a quick way to convert emails in Outlook to tasks that show up in Microsoft To-Do.

10,264 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

799 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar Integration / Calendar View

Calendar feed or calendar integration with iCal, Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, Microsoft Agenda or within app.

8,487 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

923 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Weekly view for To-Do

"My day" panel is really useful, but we also need look and have present always our week goals. The possibility bump all our to-dos help to declutter our mind, but this doesn't have sense if we can't organize or order them. So by this reason think is necesary a week view or a monthly view, even a more especific dayly view (maybe by hour or by morning/afternoon/night) could be really productive.

Brett McKay talk about this topic in this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxLNY6yxRI

7,132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

361 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are setting this request to “on the backlog” as a specific view to only see tasks from the current week is not actively being worked on right now. We suggest to use the “Planned” view which includes a section for the tasks of the week.
    We still consider a Week specific view based on requests and will continue monitoring this thread.

4. Sync with tasks in OneNote / Integration with OneNote

Please allow 2 way sync with OneNote ToDo tag.

6,056 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  356 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5,711 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

available on some apps  ·  562 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Location based reminders

Add location based ToDO reminder list..

5,537 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dark theme

It would be nice to have dark theme.

5,300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

available on some apps  ·  281 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatic populating of My Day

I have several Lists each with numerous actions. I assign Due Dates to each action. Every day I have to troll through all my actions and Add to My Day on all those actions which are due today. It would save an awful lot of time if an algorithm could be devised by Microsoft which automatically registers those actions due today in My Day

5,222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

622 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our initial plan with My Day was to make a space where users had to be more intentional about what they could actually accomplish today. Due dates may be set for today but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you have the time to tick them off. By not automatically adding them to My Day, we’re trying to keep the user from getting overwhelmed. Tasks due today should appear in Suggestions so that it is easier to add them from there. That being said, we are looking at feedback and discussing the benefits of automatic population.

9. Smart Lists

I loved the way wunderlist had Smart Lists. I can't do without Starred and Week and even completed. Please add that to To-Do.

• Tomorrow

• Weekly

• Next 10 days

• Monthly

• Completed

• Incomplete

• Overdue

• Recurring tasks

• Starred

• Overdue

• Tasks in shared lists

• Assigned to me

• Tasks with due date

• Tasks without due date

• Tasks due on xxx day

4,562 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

280 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In To Do we now have Smart Lists for “Planned” which includes everything with a due date or a reminder time, “Important” for starred tasks, “Assigned to Me”, “Flagged emails”, and “My Day”.
    We are currently not actively working on adding more Smart Lists, but we will make future additions to the product based on the amount of requests. We will continue to monitor this thread, so please continue voting here, leaving comments, or voting on a more specific thread.

10. 4,274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

264 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a To Do List for Tomorrow/Plan My Day the day before

You plan your next day of to dos and it would be helpful to create the to do list for tomorrow at the end of the business day

3,810 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

287 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate with Microsoft Teams

Add a tab with our personal and shared to do list in Microsoft Teams.

3,698 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

156 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Natural language support

When entering to-do's you should be able to enter the item with natural language such as "Meeting with John today at 3pm" or any number of a wide range of ways. The app would know that it needs to be done today at 3pm. Other shortcuts should be supported including the reoccurring items such as "the second Monday of each month".

Natural language is faster to enter items vs selecting each field. After you enter the task with natural language there should be some visual que that tells you the system has recognized the item such as date, time, list,…

3,214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In our latest iOS & iPadOS update – version 2.5 – we’ve brought smart due dates to the app.

Will be coming to more platforms in the future.

Let us know what you think on Twitter (microsofttodo), Facebook (microsofttodo) or Instagram (@microsoft_todo)

14. Print and Email Lists

Please add Print Lists and Day Print function. Also emailing lists functionality.

2,943 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

754 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Send/forward emails to To-Do

Email address so users can email a message to To-Do.

2,884 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

208 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Next week" should be Monday not Sunday

When selecting "Next Week" on a task, it should be set to Monday of Next week and not Sunday. Or at least this behavior should be configurable.

2,625 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

139 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More options for recurring events

Allow recurring events to reoccur on a "custom" basis

every weekday
    first Monday of the month
    last day of the month

2,523 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

191 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Display number of overdue/current todos on badge

Display number of overdue/current todos on app icon.

2,261 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  197 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Snooze options

Please provide more snooze options, 10 mins, 1hr, later, custom.. Any.do or Tick Tick android todo apps for reference.

2,169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

available on some apps  ·  106 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. All Todo/Task View - Smart List

Show all tasks in a list called All - just like wunderlist does.

2,100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  359 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 555 556
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base